Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Wyd,did you put spacers under the ball on the rear turnbuckle at the bulkhead side??
If not and you use the middle mount on the bearing holder on the rear the upper arms could bind on it.
This was with my car and that also solved my car breaking out at full throttle comming out of a corner.

cheers Roy
Most likely to lower the roll center.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Sorry to be an ass on this John, im kinda new to electrics, sand the rings ?, hows that ?, and why ?.

What you think about the servo being helded by tape ?, i dont have access to servo mounts at least for this weekend, for the next race no prob but for now, i dont, would the tape resist ?

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Oops ! Sorry .. yeah the tape will work for now but I bet if you have some Tamiya cars you will find a set of servo mounts floating around in your spares box. Physically mounting the servo instead of tape gives a more direct feel and it wont come off the chassis either. Tape will work for now.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The kit does not come with a plastic servo mount...?

One of my E4 is using a HPI Pro 4 servo mount...the rest, GOOP.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I believe only the E4 comes with servo mounts.
The E4RS hasn't got any in the kit.
I use the Tamiya alloy servo mounts and if you have a small servo you can use some double sided tape under it so there can't get any dirt under the servo.

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Solara
The kit does not come with a plastic servo mount...?

One of my E4 is using a HPI Pro 4 servo mount...the rest, GOOP.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Most likely to lower the roll center.
Like John said to lower the roll center some. Remember I have not ran the car at all so these are not my final adjustments by any means. I have new springs that are not on the car, different motor going in, didn't figure what battery I will use yet, and I didn't get my new Wolf lipo tray yet so to be honest other than my car looking good) well at least to me it does I'm going in blind.

I will mess with it this weekend on Saturdays racing and maybe back Sunday if need be to practice all day depending on how it all works out. I'm just at the trial and error stage right now. Give me a few runs to get the cobwebs out with the car and then I will post a report.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Like John said to lower the roll center some. Remember I have not ran the car at all so these are not my final adjustments by any means. I have new springs that are not on the car, different motor going in, didn't figure what battery I will use yet, and I didn't get my new Wolf lipo tray yet so to be honest other than my car looking good) well at least to me it does I'm going in blind.

I will mess with it this weekend on Saturdays racing and maybe back Sunday if need be to practice all day depending on how it all works out. I'm just at the trial and error stage right now. Give me a few runs to get the cobwebs out with the car and then I will post a report.
Embellish your set up on it. It will work just fine.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys,

My E4RS2009 its ready for saturday test and hopefully sunday racing.

I only tested the car on the air in my hands to check if everything seems to be OK.

Ended puting 72 spur and 36 pinion on 28P, 13.5 brushless thats a 4.12 FDR as base setup, on my cyclone i used to race 3.87 on the same track so i hope its OK for the E4.

Now, one big concern, when i turn left or right, HEAVY VIBRATIONS appears, and i checked everithing and in my poor knowledge of electric sedans, i cant find the source of vibrations. Transmission its very smooth on "straight" position, but over 30° of turning, it start to vibrate like crazy. Can you help me on this ?

thanks a lot in advance once again,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Well guys,

I only tested the car on the air in my hands to check if everything seems to be OK.

Ended puting 72 spur and 36 pinion on 28P, 13.5 brushless thats a 4.12 FDR as base setup, on my cyclone i used to race 3.87 on the same track so i hope its OK for the E4.

Now, one big concern, when i turn left or right, HEAVY VIBRATIONS appears, and i checked everithing and in my poor knowledge of electric sedans, i cant find the source of vibrations. Transmission its very smooth on "straight" position, but over 30° of turning, it start to vibrate like crazy. Can you help me on this ?

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Are you running a spool in the car? Right now I have my car setup with the one way and it is fine even at maximum throw. I will put the pin setup in and turn the one way into a spool and see how far it goes before it vibrates. I think I will order the straight spool down the road but right now I have the spool/oneway setup.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Embellish your set up on it. It will work just fine.
I'm really going to take my time. Need to do the threadlock or CA in the bearing slots tommorrow to take up the slop in the axles. Going to do this and run the car and see how everything goes. If I really like the car or I see the potential then I will order the rear hubs and steering knuckles from Wolf.

Do you know if Wolf has black steering knuckles or just those red ones and the K Factory ones. Would like black as I'm not fond of red on any of my cars. Its just me but never been a fan of red anodize. Black, purple or blue are the colors I prefer. I will bite the bullet on red though because the Wolf ones are so much cheaper than the K Factory stuff.

Oh might be stupid but A+ to TM for supplying a great turnbuckle wrench with the kit. The black aluminum one with 4 sizes is great. Might be minor but killer none the less.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well guys,

Pato Concha
Southamerica

These cars are terible for vibrations with a spool. They drive fine but can be noisy on the track with the spool.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eddie10
These cars are terible for vibrations with a spool. They drive fine but can be noisy on the track with the spool.
You need to make sure the dog bones are in phase.
If you crank a lot of steering over the shafts jump and make the suspension chatter. But seriously , you don't need that much turning angle. My car had taken a few set up changes but doesn't have those issues any more.I hope that makes sense to you .
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

I really want to talk to you guys about this SPOOL issue that almost every fourm asked about on EVERY CARS (not just on TM E4 series).
Some said...it is the CVD, some said, it is the shaft, some said it is the steering angle.........

I said...it is the TIRES are not being balanced left and right (even on a brand new set of tires).

Right now...I am still not 100% sure that is the case because I don't have a tire balancer nor I know how to balance a set of tires myself. I am just reading from here and there and seeing all the reasons causing that. But I really want to see someone can proved that "THAT IS" the reason causing the front end vibrate voilenly when it is turning left or right...and thats only happening on using SPOOL. (you won't see that when using diff or 1-way on the same car with same tires and same parts). I know my Mi4 does that, TA05R does that, E4 does that, Xray does that....all of my TC cars does that when using solid spool up front.

Someone must have a SOLID PROOF to say "THAT" is the reason why it is vibrating....for me, that happened on a brand new car, used car, actually, any cars....and I don't believe it has anything to do with the dogbone, CVD, drive shaft, outdrives, suspension arm or steering knuckle's turnig too far (cause on E4, the knuckles is blocked by the C-hub...actually, I think it can turn in/out alittle bit more...)

It is a 100% learning request from me...cause I have seen so many ppl asked this question and never 1 solid final answer...

If you take off both front tires and do the same (throttle and turn left and right)...it won't vibrate.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

I really want to talk to you guys about this SPOOL issue that almost every fourm asked about on EVERY CARS (not just on TM E4 series).
Some said...it is the CVD, some said, it is the shaft, some said it is the steering angle.........

I said...it is the TIRES are not being balanced left and right (even on a brand new set of tires).

Right now...I am still not 100% sure that is the case because I don't have a tire balancer nor I know how to balance a set of tires myself. I am just reading from here and there and seeing all the reasons causing that. But I really want to see someone can proved that "THAT IS" the reason causing the front end vibrate voilenly when it is turning left or right...and thats only happening on using SPOOL. (you won't see that when using diff or 1-way on the same car with same tires and same parts). I know my Mi4 does that, TA05R does that, E4 does that, Xray does that....all of my TC cars does that when using solid spool up front.

Someone must have a SOLID PROOF to say "THAT" is the reason why it is vibrating....for me, that happened on a brand new car, used car, actually, any cars....and I don't believe it has anything to do with the dogbone, CVD, drive shaft, outdrives, suspension arm or steering knuckle's turnig too far (cause on E4, the knuckles is blocked by the C-hub...actually, I think it can turn in/out alittle bit more...)

It is a 100% learning request from me...cause I have seen so many ppl asked this question and never 1 solid final answer...

If you take off both front tires and do the same (throttle and turn left and right)...it won't vibrate.
Is it because the tires are turning at the same rate and the slower turning outer tire is bouncing due to high traction in corners?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

It is the spool 100%. I know in front wheel drive drag cars they have a looked diff/spool just like are touring cars and my friend has his car like this. When you turn the wheel on his drag car that is street legal it does the same thing and binds up and vibrates and makes the car hop. In a diff like a rear car you have a posi which lets the each tire move faster or slower depending on how tight the turn so that way you have no binding. With a spool each tire is trying to move at the same amount of speedo which in a turn each tire travels a different distance, that would make each tire want to spin a little bit different speed, since the spool keeps them at the same speed you start getting the vibration. TIghter the turn the more vibration.

With a diff each tire spins at its own rate of speed and in tight turns compensates for how tight the turn is by letting each tire spin at different speeds and thus no virbration. The outside tire in a turn needs to spin faster to keep from vibrating and a diff or one way allows for this while a spool both inside and outside tires spin at the same speed so it creates the vibration or hop you get.

If it was tire balance issue when going straight your car would vibrate just as much whether you go straight or turn the wheels.

Last edited by wyd; 08-12-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Every touring car I have had since 1998 with a spool vibrated when turning hard. Some more than other but all did it except the JRXS with their special LVD axles which stopped this problem. Don't quote me but I think the Losi is still the only one with the LVD type system which keeps the virbration out when running a spool.............I think possibly Xray has designed something similiar but don't quote me as I never run Xrays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.