Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 spec xray 808

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hitman72
xray is a great car if u have deeeeeeeeeeep pockets another 2011 spec car wow really no surprise. Hmmmm maybe they should just bulid the right car to start with
My Xray is cheaper to run than all my other 1/8th scale cars. Way cheaper than my Rc8 ever was. Both my Xrays costed considerably less to buy than a similar Losi when I bought them. Mugen was reasonable as well.

Only parts I've worn out were: shock eyelets, shock orings, dog bone pins, and pinion bearings.

Noones car was built right to start with. Racers are allways looking to improve performnce. Every car thread on here has a hundred pages of racers changing parts.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
My Xray is cheaper to run than all my other 1/8th scale cars. Way cheaper than my Rc8 ever was. Both my Xrays costed considerably less to buy than a similar Losi when I bought them. Mugen was reasonable as well.

Only parts I've worn out were: shock eyelets, shock orings, dog bone pins, and pinion bearings.

Noones car was built right to start with. Racers are allways looking to improve performnce. Every car thread on here has a hundred pages of racers changing parts.
Amen!!!! My RC8 had a bad tank all the time, switch to hotbodies tank, caster bushings wore after like 3 tanks, diff housings stripped really easy, w/o gorilla tightening them, etc etc.

Last edited by mcion; 12-25-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

My Hillbillies D8t looks like junk when it's parked next to my Xrays. I have to hang it on the other side of the room to keep from being disgusted by it's sloppiness and 1 trick pony suspension.

The D8t loves to shoot it's hingepins out just like my Rc8 did. guess I haven't learned my lesson completely yet. I should have spent extra and bought the Mugen 6t.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

I'm going to buy the Danish XRAY distibutors WC car. It has all the new parts on it (99% sure), and it performed really well compared to the 2010 spec.

Merry christmas gentlemen
Old 12-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I like the new look and welcome the New parts.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know the release date yet.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

i hope that a new xt8 will come too

mihael
Old 12-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i like the fact that xray comes new every year that way you always have fresh car for new seoson and old car to practice with think it is great thing and i like the new body might have to switch back to xray as i have kyosho which is also great car
Old 12-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
i like the fact that xray comes new every year that way you always have fresh car for new seoson and old car to practice with think it is great thing and i like the new body might have to switch back to xray as i have kyosho which is also great car
+1 good having a "new" car for a "new" season is very cool/nice.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

I like the 808, any year. I still race my 08 version sometimes and really it doesn't matter what version you have. If you want a new buggy, get the new one, if you have an older one, just replace parts when needed...

No big deal to make improvements and have a new release....

I just don't see the need to buy every version just to have the latest model. That is wasteful unless you just race a lot and don't really buy lots of replacement parts....By the time you add up replacement parts after the first year of hard racing, a new kit isn't a bad idea.....

I hope they beefed up the chassis a bit, it does flex a bit too much, and can become bent fairly quickly, but the overall package is damn good....

If you don't like Xray you never owned one....That's it....

I like Mugen, Xray, Kyosho....Great parts quality, and can be set up fairly easily, oh yeah, fast too....

You have to realize the 808 is only their second buggy ever. The xb8 was a good car for it's time, but the 808 is a great car that will stand the test of time, a few versions isn't a big suprise for the second gen car. Who cares if it doesn't have all the best drivers at the Worlds level...

If you need a new buggy, you won't have to buy their kit, then buy all the improvements made by the team....Just get the new one.....Duh....
Old 12-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

it will be interesting to see when amain etc will have the 2011 on preorder?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

I owned a mugen before and I absolutely LOVE my Xray 809. So smooth..

Actually we have two of them as my girlfriend drives with me. We never broke a single part since we have them (june), just have to check the bearings. We race regularly.

I did e-conversions which is very easy on this car.

What else can I say? We bought both cars used for 250 bucks/each with a LOT of parts. Suspensions are awesome, the car is the lightest available, very strong, simple to setup,.. No really, I would make the same choice today.

A last thing: thank you Xray for the curves of your bodies! I'm sick with all the agressive designs of other brands. Last example: the bulldog bodies that we see everywhere, some like them, I think they look like crap . Soon we will see hummer bodies on buggies