Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

can someone explain what the difference is in the handling useing 3 or 4 gear diff in the rear motor set up thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

theoretically.....

a 4 gear rear motor tranny should give you more traction, reason being is that with the 4 gear the rotation of the motor and etc. is rotating in such a way that it is "driving" the rear end of the car down/into the ground. (best for low traction situations)

the 3 gear setup actually goes the opposite way and, with out getting technical, creates "lift" at the backend..... (better for higher traction situations)

so it is a matter of traction.

but obvoiusly it may not be a huge deal as there are some pretty successful 3-gear cars but a great tuning option.... I i ran a 210... I would run a 4 gear rear motor and tune the car to make it steer 100% of the time but thats my opinion
Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Are most people here in the US using RM3 or RM4? There's a spot for motor info on the setup sheet but I've never seen a motor/trans configs listed.

Is the RM4 effect very noticeable? Do you need to compensate the squat effect with thicker fluid or smaller pistons out back? Just wondering. I'm not sure how important this setup option is to a good baseline setup.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by makaluch
Are most people here in the US using RM3 or RM4? There's a spot for motor info on the setup sheet but I've never seen a motor/trans configs listed.

Is the RM4 effect very noticeable? Do you need to compensate the squat effect with thicker fluid or smaller pistons out back? Just wondering. I'm not sure how important this setup option is to a good baseline setup.
Most guys running the 210 including me are running it RM3 here on the west coast. Patrick on here was running 4 gear at the local track we race at but has since gone to the 3 gear......
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I'm picking up this buggy tomorrow . What do you guys recommend for gearing a 13.5 ? What about a setup for high grip clay ?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

As far as the ball cup issue goes I think some may be better than others. We have a jump leading into a turn on our track and I often come into that a little off camber, when I got the 210 I drove it in the same way I did my 22 and 7 out of 10 laps I poped a ball cup on that side. When I built my turnbuckles they went together very easy, I put a wrench on the turnbuckle and held the cup in my fingers and put them together (no t-handle or pliers) and could adjust them without them poping off but they would not handle the pressure on the track (not crashing, just landing on 1 wheel). Now with that beeing said we have 3 210's at our track and 2 of us have had the same issue and one never had one pop off and that owner is the least experienced of us three and has had his share of tumbles so I agree to try the stock ones before going ahead and replacing everything!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If I stare at my car hard enough... and with enough of a glaring eye... I can get a ballcup to pop off my 210 while going down the straight-away.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
If I stare at my car hard enough... and with enough of a glaring eye... I can get a ballcup to pop off my 210 while going down the straight-away.
Murphy's Law....the anti-Force!

Are the ballcups the boiled stock ones? Seems like the ballcup thing is like rollin the dice. Weird...
Old 12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

After changing the ball cup issue the car has had no other issues, never had a diff issue (still smooth as butter ) and have yet to brake a part ! I'm far off on setup, but like any new car, I knew that wouldn't happen over night but I have all the confidence in world that this is a great car. If nothing else it just looks fast!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
After changing the ball cup issue the car has had no other issues, never had a diff issue (still smooth as butter ) and have yet to brake a part ! I'm far off on setup, but like any new car, I knew that wouldn't happen over night but I have all the confidence in world that this is a great car. If nothing else it just looks fast!
Lookin good Greg... what's your set-up lookin like right now? How did you do Tuesday?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lockmouth
Lookin good Greg... what's your set-up lookin like right now? How did you do Tuesday?
I tried Billy Fisher's AZ set up and modified it some to my liking, but I had a bad night, not because the car but because I didn't have the right tire (ya'll CLEANED out all the tires when you came). So I struggled with the only set of tires I had (Taper front/Suburb Rear) and the track was slick compared to sat. After the race I borrowed a set of flipouts and was over half a second faster a lap, but tires came in yesterday and $120 later I have tires now! I'll probably be there this sat., but next sat is the Toys for Tots race at FRC and they added a mod 1/10 buggy class for that race and I know Allan Burton and his crew are coming for it!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

So what are the weaknesses of the car? Don't plan on selling my 22 any time soon but curious.

I know the ballcup thing has been an issue-would it be possible to use 22 ball cups and ball studs (And turnbuckles)? I have yet to see someone pop them off, and I like them a lot.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
So what are the weaknesses of the car? Don't plan on selling my 22 any time soon but curious.

I know the ballcup thing has been an issue-would it be possible to use 22 ball cups and ball studs (And turnbuckles)? I have yet to see someone pop them off, and I like them a lot.
rear shock tower, get a carbon fiber one if you get the car.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
rear shock tower, get a carbon fiber one if you get the car.
Who makes it ? Not finding one .
Old 12-01-2011, 06:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude

I haven't had a ballcup pop yet, and I have 12-15 runs on my car. I did boil my cups in water before assembly, and I used a drill motor to break them in. You can use the 22 cups, but you may have to get inventive on the lengths. Again, mine have been fine, and I have tested them plenty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.