JRXS, blacksheep, ugly, unloved???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JRXS, blacksheep, ugly, unloved???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

I can't stand this car looking at it gives me a headache what was Team Losi smoking
Old 10-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by FW-05RR
I can't stand this car looking at it gives me a headache what was Team Losi smoking
Im not sure lol....but there must have been a blacklight, and a pro 3 poster on the wall.....
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mdoc
the only time I ever saw pooky drive an original pro 3(not the proto copy of one he drives now )he just shook his head and said it wasnt fair having to run against it lol.....I personally still like the pro 3 myself, and still dont understand why it got such a bad name
hmm.., maybe same karma or curse will come to whoever copy Pro-3..
Old 10-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

.....I personally still like the pro 3 myself, and still dont understand why it got such a bad name
I liked em so much, I still got 3 of them !

...Reason why many pple thumb their nose at it is cos of the lack of up and down stops, Alloy shocks, etc and when Hara went shafty, HPI dropped all further development.

Looking at a Pro3, I can see lots of features 1st developed on this car and also featured on many of the current generation of TC.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ghostfit
I liked em so much, I still got 3 of them !

...Reason why many pple thumb their nose at it is cos of the lack of up and down stops, Alloy shocks, etc and when Hara went shafty, HPI dropped all further development.

Looking at a Pro3, I can see lots of features 1st developed on this car and also featured on many of the current generation of TC.
ei Ghostfit,
do you still keep that Yokomo F2 ?
Old 10-29-2005, 08:28 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Love mine!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ghostfit
You guys refering to my posts in this tread ??

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88436
Nahhh......I was poking at that guy who keeps talking about a CF XXXS. LOL

Brant
Old 10-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

the only time I ever saw pooky drive an original pro 3(not the proto copy of one he drives now )he just shook his head and said it wasnt fair having to run against it lol.....I personally still like the pro 3 myself, and still dont understand why it got such a bad name
If you remember correctly it was "unfair" because we were running on a damp track and you guys were the only ones with grooved tires!

Brant
Old 10-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

thats way to many details lol, I just remember that it was a pro3
Old 10-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

thats way to many details lol, I just remember that it was a pro3
Ahhh! The ole "Selective" memory again. I see!

Brant
Old 10-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandomFellow
I take it, then, that you've never seen an HPI Pro3?

It seems HPI had the right design from the start. I'm sure Losi will follow with the rear motor placement. The only thing was it had torque steer problem that (I think) came from different size belts front/rear.

Last edited by RCknight; 10-29-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I love my JRX-S.
I look at any other car on offer at the moment and I think, why the #@*& did they build it like that?
All the current crop of 415 copies (CF XXXS for those still looking ) with their motors hanging way out one side (I have seen plenty get punted in the side and flatten a brush hood) & NO room for electronics just leave me cold. You only have to look at this car to realise it is the most logical way to lay a car out, it may be a little different looking, but I like it.
As far as maintenance and setup changes, this car is a dream to work on, I like to watch people with TC4's pull half the car apart to change the roll centres or change a spur gear.... most amusing. And these things are super strong, I'm yet to change a single part due to wear or breakage and it gets a good amount of use in modified only.
Batteries are super easy to change, I don't know why people insist on direct soldering when the Corally style tubes are available. People watch me change batteries and say "bet you get tired of doing those screws up he he", to which I usually point to someone playing with a roll of sellotape.
Anyway, if you don't like it, fine. If you want the finest car out there, I here there are a few for sale at the moment
Old 10-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

My Jrxs is awesome. I thought it was supposed to be for expert racers who dont mind wrenching or tinkering?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I think it's funny how many people get all upset...

about a certain car of topic. Were here just in discusion, nothing more. No one said the car was over all bad or anything else. I got a xray05 please feel free to say whatever you want about it. I could care less. Some of us just like to chat about designs.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

You hear all the time, it's not the car it's the driver.
We were talking about it at racing last night, in our team we have a JRX-S, a BMI TC4, HPI Pro-4 and a TC4 Team kit. We were all running such similar lap times with 4 different cars that it just depended on who farted (brain fart hopefully!) first. At the end of the day most manufacturers are pretty damn good and the ultimate differences with the cars - even with hugely different designs is minimal.
I'm pretty sure I could win every race all year long and nobody would buy a JRX-S, they just aren't popular over here. Same with the XXX-S before it as a matter of interest.
Pick your area and there will be a popular car, whether it is because the local shop sells them or the fast guys run them (though that doesn't seem to be the case ) , or it's the one they read about most on the forums or in magazines.
I think that these days the average club racer will buy the car that has the most bling factor or requires the most option parts to get it competitive, gives them an easy excuse why they aren't fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.