Community
Wiki Posts
Search

trying to warn rcu and rct members

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry trying to warn rcu and rct members

ok as we all know not everyones honest when it comes to deals and what nots with the rc hobbie but when you get ripped off it really hurts its not like we all have money just sitting around that we can just go replace what was stolen from us so as a warning SMITHERSPUD also known as DON SMITH 5 STARR POINT WAY ETNA WA has yet again out smarted rcu and scammed again we had a deal to trade a brushless rustler with parts for a miss elham brushless boat due to low trades he asked me to ship first we talked on the phone and he made the deal seem to sound good well he has my truck i have all reciepts and emails to prove it once my truck was recieved i got a tracking number from him ups and it was due to arive in 5 days well i looked the last day before i went to work and it was in my state processing for delivery i got home to no truck i checked the number and it was returned to sender i called him he said i have no idea why but ill check it out a week went by and he said it was broken in transit i asked for my truck back got no responce a few days later i called again and emailed no responce then he finally said ill ship your truck back thursday that was 2 mths ago the deal had been removed on rcu so i cant get help for it now when i call he said i dont know who you are stop calling me and hangs up and ignors me completely as i have spoken to other mombers im not the first one he has done this too thank you for your time and reading this i just dont want anyone else to be affected by his deals
Old 04-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You by chance didn't accidentally ship him your "period" key off your keyboard also, did you?
Sorry to hear about that, thanks for the heads up though.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

u have his address goto his house and take care of shit i would say it would be worth taking a week or so off work to teach that piece of work a lesson
just my.02 sorry to hear about that man i know it sux
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK if this is true then it is terrible. What I wonder is why are you posting from a brand new account? The only post from your account are complaints about this transaction. Did you not have an account before this?

Did you get the guys address? If you shipped him a truck then you must have sent it somewhere. Go find your truck. Or turn your receipts over to the local police. If it was within a days drive I would go and knock on the door, even if it cost as much to drive as the truck was worth. That stuff just makes me mad, and I dont get mad easily.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

If he lives in another state then it's interstate fraud and a felony!
Either way he has used the postal service to defraud you and that IS a felony!

Go after him rather than posting on a talk forum that gets you no where as far as resolving the PROBLEM.note I did not say issue..that word sucks, because problems get solved
Old 04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
OK if this is true then it is terrible. What I wonder is why are you posting from a brand new account? The only post from your account are complaints about this transaction. Did you not have an account before this?

Did you get the guys address? If you shipped him a truck then you must have sent it somewhere. Go find your truck. Or turn your receipts over to the local police. If it was within a days drive I would go and knock on the door, even if it cost as much to drive as the truck was worth. That stuff just makes me mad, and I dont get mad easily.
I know Gearjammer from the local dirttrack in Springfield. He (like a few other in our area) considers RCtech more of a onroad focused forum and don't usually post.... I would venture a guess that he wants no one else to be ripped. and started an account to unload the dirt about the dirtball.

I would get in touch with the law in that town and file a theft complaint.

Last edited by scootr117; 04-08-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: ....
Old 04-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default update

i contacted his local police nothing can be done. its a civil matter they said. i opened an account on here to warn others.im new to rct.just learned of this site.sorry for no periods on my first posting
Old 04-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Why not try talking to your local District Attorney and see what he has to say? It may be different doing it in your jurisdiction rather than with HIS local police.If I read your addresses right he is in Washington state and you are in New Hampshire correct?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am sorry that you got taken on this. I hope you find a way to level it out.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hairy
Why not try talking to your local District Attorney and see what he has to say? It may be different doing it in your jurisdiction rather than with HIS local police.If I read your addresses right he is in Washington state and you are in New Hampshire correct?
that is correct.i have spoken with lawyers its a small claims.but no laws broken.its a civil matter so pretty much im f----d.but if i can help others from being taken by don then its worth the loss
Old 04-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

sorry to hear that and thanks for the heads up on a jerk!here in ga a theft over $500.00 is felony and the local D.A. WILL prosecute.