matching battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default matching battery

Hi,

I will like to match my own battery.

I bought a battery matcher and now I will like to have any help on what to do exactly....tips...general setting.....

and of course, where to buy a big lot of battery...maybe 100?

I have contacted intellect an no reply so far

thanks for your helpd
Old 11-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You won't get a reply from intellect, SMC is the importer of intellect cells. You will have to contact Danny and see if he will sell you half a case.

Trinity is the importer of the EP4600 if you want to do those cells you will have to talk to Gary, and set up an account.

There are certain things you should do and not do obviously but one thing I can tell you for sure is if you do not have an industrial zapper, or get them zapped by someone then you will not have very good results.

One other thing is be consistant on how you handle the cells, put one cycle per day and keep the room at a stable temp...around 70 degrees. After the third cycle you should be ready to put label on them and match them up.

That is all I can tell you, I hope this helps very much.

Good luck!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MAx i should see Danny on Sunday ill ask him about loose cells for u
Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais
Hi,

I will like to match my own battery.

I bought a battery matcher and now I will like to have any help on what to do exactly....tips...general setting.....

and of course, where to buy a big lot of battery...maybe 100?

I have contacted intellect an no reply so far

thanks for your helpd
Try these guys.
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2800

Let me know if it works out.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

EP will sell you batteries directly in lots of 1000, the other thing i've learned is that 100 cells may not be enough for you to get cells close enough together to match properly.

So you may not have enough cells to get your packs w.in .01 to .04 of each other.

100 may seem like allot but it's only 20 5 cell packs, or 16 6 cell packs.

The other problem is dead cells, current numbers are like 1 out of 20 for ib's a little ep says less than 5% i dunno.

I've been circling around matching myself and i've been doing quite a bit of research on it. The previous poster is right on as far as the zapper goes (ep pre zaps their cells at the factory supposedly) i bought an integy zapper and i can't get the cells to hold the benefits of zapping longer than 2 cycles.

I'm currently trying to find out who makes the industrial zappers or get some schematics and make my own.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can try promatch for cells.

I belive they will sell you cells by the case and also zap them for you. but please check with them for sure

http://www.promatchracing.com/
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys, somethig that has alsways bugged me about matching is that the cells are matched on duscharge values. Surely the charge value should be taken into account as well because if you have a pack of cells that fully charge at differant times, then some will be overcharged whilst others undercharged meaning the discharge values are then wrong as well. Am I right in thinking this? All the best guys, Chris.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Hello There,

I Know this maybe very expensive item and maybe hard to find, but can you tell me where or a Web site I can purchase a Industrial Zapper?

Originally Posted by jeffb
You won't get a reply from intellect, SMC is the importer of intellect cells. You will have to contact Danny and see if he will sell you half a case.

Trinity is the importer of the EP4600 if you want to do those cells you will have to talk to Gary, and set up an account.

There are certain things you should do and not do obviously but one thing I can tell you for sure is if you do not have an industrial zapper, or get them zapped by someone then you will not have very good results.

One other thing is be consistant on how you handle the cells, put one cycle per day and keep the room at a stable temp...around 70 degrees. After the third cycle you should be ready to put label on them and match them up.

That is all I can tell you, I hope this helps very much.

Good luck!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

You should also get large quantities to get a good matched pack. You can't match a pick of 6 cells out of 20. You should at least get a 100 cells.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noline
Hello There,

I Know this maybe very expensive item and maybe hard to find, but can you tell me where or a Web site I can purchase a Industrial Zapper?
I don't know who makes them but they are very expensive.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

unless you buy direct from EP it aint worth it.
retailers wont sell it to you cheap coz they will go out of business real quick
Old 11-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
Hi guys, somethig that has alsways bugged me about matching is that the cells are matched on duscharge values. Surely the charge value should be taken into account as well because if you have a pack of cells that fully charge at differant times, then some will be overcharged whilst others undercharged meaning the discharge values are then wrong as well. Am I right in thinking this? All the best guys, Chris.
You are right on. I have brought this up to several matchers that I have run for, the problem is that the standard is to match runtime and trying to retrain customers thinking on this would be extremely difficult. Cells should be matched on charge time, and then discharge (we use trays now to equalize so this is pretty unimportant at this point). There is no need to match voltage since it is a cumulative number and you just need the most you can get.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default my 2 cents

If I were you, I wouldn't "invest" too much money into the nimh matching business. Whether ep racers like or not, the future is not nimh. It might be LIPO or something else, but if the current trends continue, nimh will be phased out within the next few years. Currently LIPO packs are slowly getting cheaper (trinity is releasing a 4500 hard cased pack for $75,) and more tracks and racers are using them. As the demand for nimh decreases, the matchers will start to compete among each other for a piece of the ever shrinking pie. If you have too much invested, you will lose a bundle.

If it were me, I would simply buy already matched packs from 1 of the 100 matchers out there who you trust.

Good luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

thanks guys for all the information. I really appreciate.

I have done a few search here and there and i have found that you need to zap the cells in order to get good number.

a zapper is almost impossible to find or very expensive.

well, for the moment, I will just play around with my battery matcher and probably sell it after
Old 11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

EddieO of Team BR00D worked a lot with Big Jim before he died. Jim was making zappers for him I think and several other matchers out there. I don't know if Eddie is making any zappers based on Jim's plans or not, but you can try to contact him and see. These were no toys as I recall and required some knowlege to use them.

In reality tho, you would be better off using it to just keep an eye on your cells and maybe do some rematching for friends for practice packs. The ammount of work and equipment to do your own matching just does not make it practical.

Greg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.