Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

nice I remember to tell the father son combo that. your a class act dude.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davepull
nice I remember to tell the father son combo that. your a class act dude.
I'm not yelling derogatory remarks and I didn't hear any either. Emotion is okay man, he'll learn that people are just having fun and he'll be okay.

I promise. If not refer to my avatar, there is some humor there.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
Hey man the kettle is here, it wants it's color back.

Reading your stuff you sound like sour grapes.

And they aren't called "Pits" for nothing. I think after the race it was pretty clean, but it's an RC race, things get messy. But I don't think anybody was being dirty, you think your buddy Jeff Gordon cleans up the pits after he races? California speedway has people to do that.
Sure California speedway has people to do clean up the pits. But the difference is that they HIRE & PAY people to clean up after races. In R/C most of the time the people running races are volunteers. These are the people that get stuck cleaning up after the “paid professionals. If you ask me the "prefessionals" should be picking up our trash. In my opinion it is VERY sad that the factory drivers are mainly the culprits of trashing the pits and exhibiting the poor behavior at the track. These are the people that are setting the example and should be the positive models of how to race, not the other way around. Don’t they get paid enough to behave and clean up after themselvs at least. {In my opinion if they don’t pay for their R/C stuff than that should be enough to set a good example. If you pay to play you have the full right to act like the biggest ass you want to. But please not the people representing the great sport of R/C
Old 02-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm not sure which after race chat is worse...Cleveland or Snowbirds. Long live the club race.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DustinR
Sure California speedway has people to do clean up the pits. But the difference is that they HIRE & PAY people to clean up after races. In R/C most of the time the people running races are volunteers. These are the people that get stuck cleaning up after the “paid professionals. If you ask me the "prefessionals" should be picking up our trash. In my opinion it is VERY sad that the factory drivers are mainly the culprits of trashing the pits and exhibiting the poor behavior at the track. These are the people that are setting the example and should be the positive models of how to race, not the other way around. Don’t they get paid enough to behave and clean up after themselvs at least. {In my opinion if they don’t pay for their R/C stuff than that should be enough to set a good example. If you pay to play you have the full right to act like the biggest ass you want to. But please not the people representing the great sport of R/C
Not defending the slobs but the guys that "work" at the snowbirds for Mike make quite a bit of money per day. So they do HIRE and PAY people to setup, run, and clean up before, during and after the race so your arguement does not hold any water.

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
Timmy and EA I was there well after most had left. and let me say that the room where losi trinity xray and associated were pitted was trashed. no excuses. no matter what class you ran. and yes that room was worse than the trackside pitting. that's the thing that kills me EA your like cool let me pick up all my trash when others are like awe screw it not my problem. so in the end EA maybe you can be a leader in this group of follows and raise the bar.
You all knew it was just a matter of time before I chimed in.

Dave- why do you hate on-road guys sooo much??? LMAO!! Every year it's the same crap with you!! All you do is bitch and complain.

Just to inform you by the way that while everyone had packed and left, EA and myself were using the garbage bags that were left there for us to clean our pit areas. You might also be interested in knowing that Ralph "Sralph" Burch was sweeping and picking up the Xray pit area. The reason I bring this up is you seem adamant to point out the faults of certain teams. Yes, I am on the Xray team as well, but am only responding because it is unfair to generalize. It seems that in your eyes, the oval crowd are nothing but the patron saints of cleanliness, morality and good behavior.......NOT!!!!
Go back and read your posts and see if at any point you found fault with the "oval" side?

Let it go man........just let it go.

Oh and by the way, I am part of the on-road crowd that you procalim is a cancer to this hobby. I can guarantee you this, you can ask ANYONE around the country about how I conduct myself or represent my sponsors and I can assure you that not one soul will tell you they feel that I or any of the guys/gals that I race with can be considered a cancer or detriment to this hobby.

Michael Abraira
Old 02-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

people still race oval? why?

kidding...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
You all knew it was just a matter of time before I chimed in.

Dave- why do you hate on-road guys sooo much??? LMAO!! Every year it's the same crap with you!! All you do is bitch and complain.

Just to inform you by the way that while everyone had packed and left, EA and myself were using the garbage bags that were left there for us to clean our pit areas. You might also be interested in knowing that Ralph "Sralph" Burch was sweeping and picking up the Xray pit area. The reason I bring this up is you seem adamant to point out the faults of certain teams. Yes, I am on the Xray team as well, but am only responding because it is unfair to generalize. It seems that in your eyes, the oval crowd are nothing but the patron saints of cleanliness, morality and good behavior.......NOT!!!!
Go back and read your posts and see if at any point you found fault with the "oval" side?

Let it go man........just let it go.

Oh and by the way, I am part of the on-road crowd that you procalim is a cancer to this hobby. I can guarantee you this, you can ask ANYONE around the country about how I conduct myself or represent my sponsors and I can assure you that not one soul will tell you they feel that I or any of the guys/gals that I race with can be considered a cancer or detriment to this hobby.

Michael Abraira

Great to hear that there are some guys in this sport that people can look up to.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

I think that Davepull is the cancer to the hobby making this big fuss about the pits. It doesnt encourage people that are reading this to come to the races and have to deal with someone (davepull) yelling at them to pick up there garbage, and not be able to speak there mind.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DustinR
Like stated above, people where there to clean up and were paid. If they volunteered....then they volunteered and should be happy since they wanted to do that. This race wasn't put on for free. I'd say since they paid to sit out there that should include the cleaning fee in the price.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD>>>>>STOP COMPLAINING!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
Like stated above, people where there to clean up and were paid. If they volunteered....then they volunteered and should be happy since they wanted to do that. This race wasn't put on for free. I'd say since they paid to sit out there that should include the cleaning fee in the price.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD>>>>>STOP COMPLAINING!
And just to add on to what Derek said do any of you guys on here complaining know how much we paid to be on Manufactures row? Even though me and my guys cleaned our area up I would think our "fee" includes some sort of cleanup after the event!!

Its not free to pit there in case you all didnt know that!!

I for one really appreicate what Mike has done for 6 years now and hopefully will continue to do!! I havent missed one yet and hope not too. I will also continue to be a sponsor of one of the best races on the planet!!

So hats off and thank you to Mike and his crew!!

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Ok butter then one thing I refuse to do is drop names. so when I said group of racers you knew who I was talking about. as does alot of others. at no time did a say one team was a slob I did say that the entire room was trashed.

Butter if you didn't do any of the things I mentioned then why do you care. when you post about it it looks like you are trying to defend the actions of these people.

I also would like to say thanks then to EA Ralph and Butter for helping out. just wish more would follow.

Derek you are so wrong about the track crew. take some time from the frat boy antics to do some fact checking.

Ok guys this is what reall got me ticked of after my oval main I was going up to my room and there in the big pit room was this huge mess. there was a snowbirds track guy trying to sweep it up and a group of guys standing around play hacky sack right in the way of this guy. one of these hacky guys ran right through the track guys pyle of trash and you know this guy didn't say sorry or nothing just laughed about it. it made me sick to see it.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:56 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I thought they just gave away those spots to all the good lookin' racers!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thankyou shane for putting up rctech. The drama in Rc is to funny.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmy Heiser
I think that Davepull is the cancer to the hobby making this big fuss about the pits. It doesnt encourage people that are reading this to come to the races and have to deal with someone (davepull) yelling at them to pick up there garbage, and not be able to speak there mind.
how old are you again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.