Wiki Posts
Search

Did I forget anything?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neeveers
Ugh, I got the pipes mixed up, and I already ordered it all. how much of a difference is it? Big enough that I should forgo my impatience and order the 2013?

Guess I should have asked first eh, that's what I get.
I would think the 2057 with included extension would be fine in a truggy. I would give it a shot. Unless you find yourself needing more torque, just stick with the 2057.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Oil

Instead of buying after run oil go to wally world and get a bottle of mineral oil. It's much cheaper and just as good. You can find it near the pharmacy.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
ok thanks im looking for a new engine, and was takeing a look at the werks engine i never tuned a turbo head though.
It's no different than a non turbo head. The only difference is the plug and no annoying little copper washer.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Battery for the starter box, 2nd servo (get both the same) paint for the body, fuel (get a good brand... I run O'Donnel, but I also like Nitro Juice and Byrons Gen 2.)

A few spare parts would be in order if your local shop doesn't carry them. At the very lease a set of front arms. A charger for the batteries if you don't have one.

Nitro vehicles require a LOT of wrenching. I suggest that you consider getting a little battery powered screwdriver, and order a set of tips for it.

A flywheel puller for the engine would be nice. A 10mm deep-well socket to tighten the flywheel nut... that is a MUST HAVE as well as a set of vice grips or other method to hold the flywheel while tightening it... don't worry about scarring up the flywheel, it doesn't matter performance wise. A clutch tool to remove/install shoes is nice but not mandatory.

And rest assured, you bought one of the best setups money can buy... truggy, engine, servos, and radio are all top-notch equipment!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Nitro vehicles require a LOT of wrenching. I suggest that you consider getting a little battery powered screwdriver, and order a set of tips for it.
I cant belive i went this long with out buying a power screwdriver, now that i got one it has cut my diff oil changes time in half. Its not a msut ahve but sure is nice !
Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

+1 on the power driver! I use the little green Ryobi one. Works like a champ and holds a charge forever.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
+1 on the power driver! I use the little green Ryobi one. Works like a champ and holds a charge forever.
Same one I use... it is not variable speed, but it does have a "clutch" to keep from stripping things out. Best $29 I've spent in this hobby... you can get them at your local "Home Depot Racing" store.