Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Mike (Killingtime), if you are at the FT or Express races over the next few weeks, I can take a look at it if you're still having problems.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As rmargiotta says... I also use bearing lube on my axles joints as well.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll clean them out real good tonight and lube them and see what happens. I have a few "gurus" in the area and a team driver at my local track...but he's new to the team

Spence- I don't think I'll be able to make it to the FT race because of prior commitments, but I'll be at the eXpress race. Hopefully I'll have it figured out by then, but if not I'll be hunting you down!

Thanks to all for the help.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Hopefully I'll be making the Express race too. Maybe... If so, catch yall there...
Old 05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

killing, one thing I do to make sure my CVDs are built decently is a hand swing test. I grab the axle with my fingers, and let it all hang down. Then I swing the axle in circles (wrist action, like stirring a cup of coffee). The dogbone should swing in circles, too. If it just swings back and forth, it tells me it needs lube, cleaning, or loosening.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac
how is the dry lube works???

it goes on wet like any lube, but they drys and leaves a lubricating film that doesnt attract dirt.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can that dry ice also be used on berings
Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by havy
No prob, the Maxamps fits w/ room to spare, and inside the standard 6 cell designated area.

i have a question about the chassis. I have the Us carpet version but also go the thinner chassis w/ the upper deck EU version(?). Here where I live its strickly outdoor asfalt tracks, should I use the EU version chassis to run the car? I was thinking of using the EU version while here for practice (we don't race electric anymore) but I want to keep the US version to race in a big carpet race sometime next year after they legalize lipo and sensorless motors...( hopefully by next year). Until then I will travel to run my RRR only, but really want to get to go to a big electric race, maybe Las Vegas or something in the future.

SO for asfalt, is the EU version chassis really better?

Thanks
Havy
The EU chassis is designed for RUBBER TIRE
The US chassis is designed for FOAM TIRE

In other words;

The EU chassis should be run on Asphalt AND Carpet when using RUBBER tire.
The US chassis should be run on Carpet when using FOAM tire (probably the best choice for FOAM an asphalt as well however it is not COMMON to run foam on asphalt so I assume Xray did not take this combination in account when desining the car).

Is there a combination I'm missing
Old 05-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default T2R?

Why won't Xray make them for the masses? My local hobby store says they won't get any until Aug. What ups with that Xray?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

its the same thing here. my lhs says he can't get parts from xray. i wont use my xray because i can't get parts.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCknight
Why won't Xray make them for the masses? My local hobby store says they won't get any until Aug. What ups with that Xray?
As far as I understood is the production capacity more than sold out due to the succes of the NT1 & the T2'007. Because of that Xray has decided to postpone production of some models, like the T2R.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigb11
its the same thing here. my lhs says he can't get parts from xray. i wont use my xray because i can't get parts.
That's not the same thing as not able to by a newly produced T2R. As far as I know there is no issue in availability of spares. At least not to my knowledge. Here is Europe all spares are available for sale from the LHS or internet stores.

If you have any issue in getting spares please contact Xray directly on their forum of by email: [email protected] or contact xray USA by email: [email protected]

Good luck, and start using your xray again
Old 05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
XRay Production Notice for T2R and XB8R
Old 05-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

hey i have a little handling issue and was wondering if you could help. Im running a t2 07 in 19t and i find that the rear of my car although it grips really well sometimes it can break loose if i am to eager to turn into a corner and i was just wondering if anybody had any setup tips to maybe get a little more rear end rotation instead of the 'snap' that i get at the moment. I am running kit setup but with a diff up front on a large outdoor asphalt track
Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would run a multidiff up front with it set to spool or full time solid as Xray calls it. What size springs do you have in the front? What is your tire prep? What tires are you running? What is the track temp? Which setup are you running Asphault or Carpet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.