Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Engine mounts

Originally posted by InitialD
Pay more for a heavier part?
Hey, Golds heavy and expensive - and now I have more weight at the bottom of the chassis, the car won't traction roll so easily
Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: tire size

Originally posted by jag
Getting back to the tire diameter question, what is the recommended tire size (front and rear)? If the ratio is supposed to be 1:1 then why does Serpent say to measure the ride height with 64mm tire? I understand that different people will like different things but I am just looking for a place to start.
64 mm? I thought it's with 62 mm.

Reason why Serpent mentions to measure ride height with 62 mm tires is so that the other setup info like droop mentioned in the standard setup would be correct as Serpent intended it to be.

Using same front and rear tire diameter gives a little bit of front overdrive (front pulling the rear). Quite a nice effect.

But if you're wanting to drive in a longer race or main, most will start 1 mm smaller front to give equal front and rear drive and at the end of the race, end up with the front 1 or 2 mm more than the rear.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
What i liked about it was when i had the standard bar on it one side would all ways lift higher than the other (with the ball joint the same size either side) so i felt that there wasnt even roll. were as this seem to lift either side the same.
The new 2.5 mm and 3 mm roll bars would be better I reckon. But what I do on the stock 2 mm sway bar is to loosen or not fully tighten the two screws on the graphite piece that holds down the sway bar directly. I only tighten the other 2 screws on the graphite piece that goes straight into the rear plastic bulkhead. The arms and the sway bar move pretty much better that way.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
And that, whats-it-called, Team Midgit G4, or whatever

I think if he threw those cars away, his snake will perform much better.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Engine mounts

Hey, Golds heavy and expensive - and now I have more weight at the bottom of the chassis, the car won't traction roll so easily
Old 09-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Prophet

I'm still trying to break my original rear shock tower Darn thing just won't break no matter how many times I roll I'm sending it back as faulty!!!
Donate this disfunctional part back to Onkel Sow or packetdreamer. They'll make it "work" fine.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Nice BMW M3

Originally posted by packetdreamer
4. from there i set my circle cutter to wheel_radius+2mm and position the center point of the circle cutter so that it is on my mark. BUT!!!! if the blade is not touching the upper line of the wheelwell, i move the circle cutter up so that blade DOES touch the upper line of the wheel well - this means that the center point of the circle cutter may be slightly straight above the mark i made on the wheel wells.
Mark, remember the circular cutter? I still see jaggies in the wheel arch of the Mazda. Learn from packetdreamer. He's the Pro.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: New Serpent wheels

Thanks for the update Mark. Are the prices the same as the older Ellegi rims or other tires that you buy?
Old 09-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JustRace
What are the proper ones? I race this weekend and I had to change my ball joints because they kept on popping off. I opened a brand new pack of ball joints and kept on having the same problem. I let used some older ones from my impulse days and they were alot tighter. They also looked slightly different.

Anyways, so what are the proper ones.

Thanks.
The proper ones are supposed to be 5.8mm as well but the wrought iron look actually wears out quicker than one thinks. Even brand new they measure 5.75 so you can imagine how small they get when worn.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Nice BMW M3

Mark, remember the circular cutter? I still see jaggies in the wheel arch of the Mazda. Learn from packetdreamer. He's the Pro.
I did use the circular cutter, but I didn't use a large enough diameter and the wheels where fouling on the wheel arches, so I had to get my scissors out And yesterday, I found that the shell was mounted too high, so I had to have another go at cutting the wheel arches - oh well, never mind
Old 09-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Nice BMW M3

Ahem, ahem! Mazda!!! oh dear, D, oh dear.....your eyesight is getting as bad as Sow's! tut tut!!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: New Serpent wheels

Thanks for the update Mark. Are the prices the same as the older Ellegi rims or other tires that you buy?
The New Arrows are 10 to 15% cheaper than the new Serpent rims - but maybe the price will come down a little once the supply is there
Old 09-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
The proper ones are supposed to be 5.8mm as well but the wrought iron look actually wears out quicker than one thinks. Even brand new they measure 5.75 so you can imagine how small they get when worn.
Stuck at the Airport already, Sow?
Old 09-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice BMW M3

I did use the circular cutter, but I didn't use a large enough diameter and the wheels where fouling on the wheel arches, so I had to get my scissors out And yesterday, I found that the shell was mounted too high, so I had to have another go at cutting the wheel arches - oh well, never mind
Live and learn ! I see that the wings are mounted too high too. I think to be legal , you need to trim the wing so that it does not go beyond the rooftop.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice BMW M3

Ahem, ahem! Mazda!!! oh dear, D, oh dear.....your eyesight is getting as bad as Sow's! tut tut!!

Sorry, I still have not tried the Alfa yet. Only Mazdas for me at the moment. Come to think ot it, I still have the Alfa cut up and not painted ! I think some time back Crashed saw it in the back of the car boot and said WTF when he saw the mess and the stack of old bodyshells it was housing !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.