Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

josh

when your bodyshell was submitted to the BRCA Committee and approved it was added to our list,and all the racers new they could use it.

The first National that the Hobbyshop that supports the Nationals had the CEFX he arrived with between 20/30 shells 5 minites later no shells left it was like a stampeed.

I new he was bringing them and got mine outside.

For 1/12th the BRCA and EFRA list is the same ROAR list has just about the same with a couple of other shells so what is the problem ! can IFMAR cannot look at the shells used by each block and then make a decision.
with only a matter of weeks to the 1/12th the list is very weak and some are on the list that I don't think will even be used.

just my own thoughts

Alan
Old 09-13-2004, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since many of the items that racers carry with them at the races are not allowed to travel with on the airplane it would be helpfull if you could advise the following:

Assume I arrive at Kissimmee from Orlando Airport on Monday 25th October, I would need the following items to get prepared for Wednesday 27th October when the ISTC practice begins:

a. Gas for my soldering Iron. (zippo lighter gass is ok)
b. Traction compound (ex. Orion, Lrp etc.)
c. Spray cleaner for motors, bearings etc..
d. 12v car battery.(75 amps +) + charger for it.

How and where could I find the above mentioned items. I will be staying at the hotel mentioned in the Stage 1 report and I will most likely rent a car from the airport.

Your advise is very helpfull as I need to finalize my arrangements!
Thanks
John
Athens, Greece.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:59 AM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default Answer Questions

Hey John there will be an on site hobby store and they will have everything a racer will need.

Thanks
Jorge

Old 09-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Rules Question - Non Body

trying again... Thanks in advance.

Who at the event will be responsible for deciding whether a motor is legal or not?

The reason I am asking is that some of us are intending to use the new Power Trix devices from 'Big Jim' that are just electrical gizmos (a technical term) that he welds between the comm plates.

ROAR has specified that, since these aren't that different per se from capacitors, etc., they are considered legal.

The motors, arms, etc. themselves are on the IFMAR approved list and thus not an issue.

I have read the IFMAR rules and they don't say it can't be done, but being neurotic...
Attached Thumbnails 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway-power-trix-devices.jpg  
Old 09-13-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Answer Questions

Originally posted by FTSPEEDWAY
Hey John there will be an on site hobby store and they will have everything a racer will need.

Thanks
Jorge
That would be very helpfull.
I hope they have enough quantities per item in stock because I will be arriving later than most people and if they are out of stock by the time I arrive at the track, what whould people in my situation do?

Thanks for your prompt reply.
John
Athens, Greece
Old 09-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Default Supplies for John

There is the challenge that you don't seem to use electric feeds for some things we do in the U.S. (soldering iron and 12 volts).

- Many convenient stores will have the zippo lighter gas

- for the 12v battery and charger, if you really want to buy one you will probably want to go to a nearby (large) American store like Walmart or Sears. Don't tell your rental car company, but I know of folks who have just borrowed the battery out of their rental car.

- If they run out of traction compound/motor spray, I'm confident that the hobby shop can get more in quickly (or you can get non-chlorinated brake cleaner spray at a local store in lieu of motor spray)
Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default still wanting for answers

Hey Barrys I've forward the request to Ifmar to Henier Martin and I should be receiving a response soon. Sorry for the delay in you answer that you need.

Also the hobby store will have alot of stock.

Jorge
FTS1

Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

John, I do not forsee you will have a hard time finding anything you want. Joe from Speedline should cover your needs, and if he cannot, there are two great shops in driving distance. Superior Hobbies and TQ Hobbies. A walmart is just around the corner for those odd items.

http://www.speedlinehobbies.com/ is Joe's website, shoot him an email
Old 09-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Thank you people for the prompt and helpfull answers.

Take care,
Regards,
John
Athens, Greece.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

I just recieved this from IFMAR:

Dear Mr. Cyrul,

regarding the CRC-body I have to state, that Calandrta Austria
has send the body in time to me (received on 21st of June) and I
checked the availability with one dealer in Austria.

In our email correspondance on 18/19th of June (see below), you
told me, that you will send bodies for approval. Finally I did not got one and therefore none of your bodies is now in the IFMAR
Approved Body List for 1/12 and ISTC.

Regarding the email send by John Grant to Parma, the subject
clearly specifies, that this concerns the 1/10TH IC 200MM
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and not the IFMAR Electric Rules.

Best regards
Heiner Martin
IFMAR Electric Section Chairman
Old 09-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Here is my reply:

Heiner,

The question in the Parma e-mail was regarding 190mm and 1/12 bodies (I know as I have talked to the people at Parma). Mr. Grant took it as the question was about 200mm so it was a simple mistake that will greatly cost several mfg's...

I did not send my bodies in as I heard of the rule and saw the e-mail from Mr. Grant (WITHOUT the title 1/10 IC 200mm World Championship in it) so I was unaware that this rule was supposedly for 200mm only.... Why spend the money for shipping or approval fee if you don't have to according to a new rule??

I think IFMAR should address this matter and mistake instead of saying "too bad" to the MFG's who make up and pay for these races, who have played by the rules in the past and continue to do so. I could understand if these were new bodies that we were trying to jam in at the last minute but these are all bodies that have been WIDELY available for at least 6-12 months before this World Championship... We aren't talking about a body just from a MFG with only 1 source to purchase the body in the entire World - this example you gave me of the CRC Austria body is a joke and proof of the exact problem with IFMAR's approval system as I have complained about in the past. Remember South Africa when I sat in on the IFMAR meetings?? What about the 235mm Worlds in Cincinnati when Serpent did this with their Evo3 body?? My complaint has not changed over several IFMAR races and yet no one see's a problem with this... This is yet another subject though....

The same approval rules should apply from IC to Electric in regards to the approval processes. This would make things much easier for the racers, manufactures and ROAR, IFMAR, EFRA, and FEMCA blocks to understand and follow.

I hope you will make a wise decision in this matter as these problems that arise every year greatly hurt the manufactures and racers confidence in IFMAR... I look forward to your reply and hopefully a sensible resolution to this matter.

Respectfully,

Josh Cyrul
CEFX - Owner
www.cefx.net
Old 09-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

I thought I would give IFMAR a try to help out the US mfg's who may get screwed and to help the racers have a heads up for the race.... I feel that it will be for nothing though...
Old 09-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by T. Hodge
This all comes down to a new organization is needed. A organization that has paid employees to help the tracks put on the events and make sure they are put on right. This includes, tech equipment, tire tech rules, body rules that are very clear to everyone and so on. The list can go on for awhile. We can not expect anyone to do a awesome job as a volunteer as much as we could expect from someone who is getting paid to do their job. I really wish the manufacturers would get together and chip in some $$ to put this organization together. The problem is that whenever the manufacturers do get together there are too many ego's in one room and no one can agree on anything. The day we do not race anymore will be the day the manufacturers will have a dumb look on their face asking themselves "What happened?? "
Uhhh! Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhyyyaaaaa!!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

John: Just wondering why do you need a 12v battery and a gas iron and all that? Isnt there 110v ac supplied so all you will need is a power supply and 110v iron. Maybe you have more info than I do.

Mike
Old 09-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Baseball, Hockey, Football can all strike...lol... Why can't r/c??....lol.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.