Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Touring cars should have been designed this way in the first place. The evolution in touring cars is beginning. When this car goes into production I'll be waiting in line for one.

As a matter of fact will you be needing a US partner\distributor?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Apex
....As a matter of fact will you be needing a US partner\distributor?
We are really in need of the experienced partner now.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I hope it makes its way to the states. Even if it's a dog I'll pick one up just to look at it.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
We are really in need of the experienced partner now.
You know what...there's is a guy on these forums that might have that experience. Steve Wang. He was supposed to be the sole importer for Yokomo but the deal fell through. I don't know Steve, but I used to buy lots of parts from SpeedTech RC which he used to own. Just a suggestion.

The car is looking better and better the more I see it.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Oh yeah definately talk to Steve Wang, he is great for that kind of stuff. The current owner of Speedtech (speedtechrc.com) is Jeff Yung and hes great with that kind of stuff as well. Talk to both of them if you can

also, will this car be displayed at the RCX expo this weekend?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yeah I was going to recommend Steve cause his Yokomo deal went sour.

I may have someone else in mind, an the east coast investor that might be interested in starting a new venture. I'll pm you once I have more information.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks all for a friend advice and the help offer.

Our car and tools are 98% technically ready for batch production, tests show very good results and even more race potential.
Our further interesting and innovative RC products also are close to release already.

I ask all who sees the possibility of participation and interest in global and local development of this project to address to me directly.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

WOW! - the car looked dialed in the video. It may have just been setup, but it looked like your car transferred its weight way faster than the others. I want one! I think its really cool that you guys have shared the development process with us. Ususally I think of the guys making rc cars as business men who dont really care or know what we think, but it seems like you guys are just one of us
Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wstuart
WOW! - the car looked dialed in the video. It may have just been setup, but it looked like your car transferred its weight way faster than the others....
This driver ( current Russian champion Ivan Laptev) have used well adjusted Tamiya 416WC on the same track also.
He set the same roll centres and Ackermann parametres as on his Tamiya car and have 0,2 сек faster laps with our car.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

looks good. can i try one?

how is it on tarmac?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default sports?

i was wondering if that you are going to make sports(cheaper) version of car later. like xray t2r or tamiya ta05r
Old 04-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
This driver ( current Russian champion Ivan Laptev) have used well adjusted Tamiya 416WC on the same track also.
He set the same roll centres and Ackermann parametres as on his Tamiya car and have 0,2 сек faster laps with our car.

SOLD!, when it comes out ill get one. - ive gotta try it
Old 04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

I think if this car will be manufactured in limited numbers the price would be very high. If a big manufacturer make this car it would still cost considerabely more than the current race cars. My guess is 600 euros, for a TC.

Imagine to start going in this direction, using extreme custom built racing cars, that are superlight, 200 grams underweight that are ballasted with tungsten and everything is made to very high precision, advanced external adjustable dampers etc. Yes I would like these cars alot but I belive it is not the way to go for electric touring car racing. The development should go on but what is the upper price limit for a TC?

Just a thought but could a maximum price tag on cars be a good idea. In some full scale racing series this is common.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by moonman
Just a thought but could a maximum price tag on cars be a good idea. In some full scale racing series this is common.
In that case I suggest you to consider additional cost of various tuning and hop-up parts ( springs and oils sets, caster blocks, lower decks etc) which are required for existing cars. Their cost raises the total car price considerably.

We have tried to release owners of our cars from these additional expenses.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Talking

First of all congratulations, you guys have created the BEST TOURER PERIOD!!!! I hope the main shaft is made of HOLLOW TITANIUM and not heavy steel !!! IF I AM RIGHT, PEOPLE WILL EASILY SHELL OUT OVER $700 FOR THE KIT!!! I wonder how fast it can go with a 2.5R motor and a 7.4V LIPO (40C)!!! Stock and 19T are fine, but speed is the name of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.