Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some suggestions and pointers

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need some suggestions and pointers

Ok i made a bad move and traded a 2.5r t-maxx in for some hopups for my mlst and now im wanting to run longer. But i had a hard time working on my t-maxx it was my first real r/c. I don't have a bunch of money to get another but wanting to get a good strong basher. So what all do you suggest? I love the new 3.3 Revo but don't have 530.00 to buy it.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

are u sure u like the revo for bashing ,i consider the savages are the TOUGH ONE ,well i suggest if you want to add some more speed go for the savage limited edition (3 speed),that's only i can say,bcause my savy is DURABLE
Old 06-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

i wouldnt look at a revo for bashing dude.... ROFL theyre rubbish....ul be wasting ur money on the new 3.3....and itll still be a small block..lol

Originally Posted by svagedrv31
are u sure u like the revo for bashing ,i consider the savages are the TOUGH ONE ,well i suggest if you want to add some more speed go for the savage limited edition (3 speed),that's only i can say,bcause my savy is DURABLE

hell yeah the savages are they way to go!!!!i havnt broken anything on my savage except for a bent shock shaft...thats it....

igot the 4.6 ss version and its dirt cheap.....and instead of spending 550 or w/e on a revo get a savage 4.6 ss for like 400 i think and get a nice 3 ch radio.....its the best thing u can do....

heres a pik of my savage...all the hop ups are in my signature except for the butterfly thingys inside the blower.....wen i hit the throttle they flip back like a real supercharger
Attached Thumbnails Need some suggestions and pointers-pik-1.jpg  
Old 06-15-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

get an MGT, you can race or bash with it.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

A good truck to get that is also most as tough as a Savage and can be raced or bash right out of the box and only runs about $379.99 is a Tamiya TNX. It has a small block .18 made by OS and is as fast as most of the big block trucks out there and even faster than a lot of the big block trucks out.The TNX has won many of the monster truck races out there and has even won some of the unlimited monster truck class races against big block monster trucks and truggys and the TNX only had its little bitty .18 in it. You can also get the TNX at Tower Hobbies in their Ultimate Combo with the 3 easy pay of only $129.33 a month for 3 months. The TNX really is a awsome truck right out of the box. The only issue with the TNX was the spur gear, it would wear out real fast, but Tamiya has taken care of that issue. This truck has a wide open chassis which makes it very easy to work on.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr-e-maxx
A good truck to get that is also most as tough as a Savage and can be raced or bash right out of the box and only runs about $379.99 is a Tamiya TNX. It has a small block .18 made by OS and is as fast as most of the big block trucks out there and even faster than a lot of the big block trucks out.The TNX has won many of the monster truck races out there and has even won some of the unlimited monster truck class races against big block monster trucks and truggys and the TNX only had its little bitty .18 in it. You can also get the TNX at Tower Hobbies in their Ultimate Combo with the 3 easy pay of only $129.33 a month for 3 months. The TNX really is a awsome truck right out of the box. The only issue with the TNX was the spur gear, it would wear out real fast, but Tamiya has taken care of that issue. This truck has a wide open chassis which makes it very easy to work on.

GET REAL MAN!!!!!.......the TNX is nowere NEAR as tuff as the savage.......u try jump a savage 100 ft into the air and land and drive away.....wat r u insane.....the tnx is tamiya...tamiya dosnt make bash trucks...they make little pussy race trucks....

the savage is by far the monster truck KING ..... and you know it
Old 06-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

mr emaxx, bpandragon wants the GOOD STRONG BASHER ,bashing is consider abusing the MT , when you bash ,a solid truck like savages a must,you mention about tnx ,yeah you're right tnx is good for racing & i can see that,but i guess on the race track w/ a lot of jumps i don't think so it can survive ,but for savages it's piece of cake ...................savagedriver
Old 06-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by svagedrv31
mr emaxx, bpandragon wants the GOOD STRONG BASHER ,bashing is consider abusing the MT , when you bash ,a solid truck like savages a must,you mention about tnx ,yeah you're right tnx is good for racing & i can see that,but i guess on the race track w/ a lot of jumps i don't think so it can survive ,but for savages it's piece of cake ...................savagedriver

a 2-3 metre high ramp for a savage is nothing....wen for the tnx its likeclimbing MT everest LLOL!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
GET REAL MAN!!!!!.......the TNX is nowere NEAR as tuff as the savage.......u try jump a savage 100 ft into the air and land and drive away.....wat r u insane.....the tnx is tamiya...tamiya dosnt make bash trucks...they make little pussy race trucks....

the savage is by far the monster truck KING ..... and you know it

You know you need to pull your head out of your------ hole. I own a Savage and quite a few other trucks and yes the Savage is about the toughest truck out their, but like I said " it is almost " as tough. ProudSavageOwnr all you do is talk crap about anything that is not a Savage and quite frankly I am sick of it and also there are alot of other people that I have heard complain about you in other post. The guys on the TNX forum gave you a ear full, so what did you come over here to see if you could do the same thing here? Growup every one is intitle to their own opinion whether it is right or wrong. I've been in this hobby for a long time 20+ years and I can take just about any truck out there and bash it with the best of them, all boils down to whether you can drive or not. You see I do bash with my Savage and also with my TNX and I dont break anything more on my TNX than I do on my Savage the reason why is called the ability the drive or bash without breaking. One last note there is a truck that runs right up there with the Savage in the toughness department it is called the Terra Crusher I have broke less things on it than on my Savage or TNX put together. Also the Maxx trucks take to much money to make them bashable.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

You know you need to pull your head out of your------ hole. I own a Savage and quite a few other trucks and yes the Savage is about the toughest truck out their, but like I said " it is almost " as tough. ProudSavageOwnr all you do is talk crap about anything that is not a Savage and quite frankly I am sick of it and also there are alot of other people that I have heard complain about you in other post. The guys on the TNX forum gave you a ear full, so what did you come over here to see if you could do the same thing here? Growup every one is intitle to their own opinion whether it is right or wrong. I've been in this hobby for a long time 20+ years and I can take just about any truck out there and bash it with the best of them, all boils down to whether you can drive or not. You see I do bash with my Savage and also with my TNX and I dont break anything more on my TNX than I do on my Savage the reason why is called the ability the drive or bash without breaking. One last note there is a truck that runs right up there with the Savage in the toughness department it is called the Terra Crusher I have broke less things on it than on my Savage or TNX put together. Also the Maxx trucks take to much money to make them bashable.
who r u to tell me wat to do? u aint my parents ... so y dont u stick it
Old 06-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you know, some people like certian brands, and stick with them. trying to make proudsavageowner say good stuff to the tamiya: is impossible. lol

if i were you, i would go to my hobbyshop, and see what brands they offer/ support. you will want to get one they offer, so you can replace broken parts. dont make the same mistake i did, and buy a truck online, and not be able to replace parts... it will save you loads of grief.

a traxxas revo is a great truck for bashing around. the hpi savage is a mean looking truck, also great for bashing, especially high jumps.

just a personal opinion, tamiya stinks.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
who r u to tell me wat to do? u aint my parents ... so y dont u stick it
I'm someone who cant stand people who have no clue what they are taking about.

" trying to make proudsavageowner say good stuff to the tamiya: is impossible. lol "

I'm not trying to make anybody say anything about any brand. What I am trying to do is let people know that there are other good trucks out there beside the Savage. The guy said he is on a budget, there for he is looking for something under the $530.00. So am just trying to give he a reasonable priced truck that maybe he can afford and will be happy with and in his price range,that is all I am trying to do.

ProudSavageOwnr all you do is talk crap about thing you know nothing about , just remember the Savage is not the only truck out there that can take a a$$ whipping and keep on kickin.

Last edited by mr-e-maxx; 06-17-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

I'm someone who cant stand people who have no clue what they are taking about.

" trying to make proudsavageowner say good stuff to the tamiya: is impossible. lol "

I'm not trying to make anybody say anything about any brand. What I am trying to do is let people know that there are other good trucks out there beside the Savage. The guy said he is on a budget, there for he is looking for something under the $530.00. So am just trying to give he a reasonable priced truck that maybe he can afford and will be happy with and in his price range,that is all I am trying to do.

ProudSavageOwnr all you do is talk crap about thing you know nothing about , just remember the Savage is not the only truck out there that can take a a$$ whipping and keep on kickin.

a savage 4.6 ss kit is worth like wat? 380? and then a radio? another 150 for a good 1 and there u go...in hit budget and maybe can grab acouple glowplugs and some diff/shock oil

the savage is the only truckthat can take a ass whipping and keep on tickin....ok wat truck have u got? lets meet up n bash em and wateva u do with ur truck ill do with mine but twice as much....u jump a jump thats 5 metres high ill do 10 and at double the speed......we'll see whos runningat the end of the day............thats the only way to settle this.A BASH OUT