Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
This is my first Reedy. I'm pretty excited. This track is a great place to race. I always have a good time there.

The rain is making me anxious for some onroad, too!
This is my fifth Reedy race, first at Norcal Hobbies. There is no better show in touring car racing outdoors than Reedy. IFMAR Worlds wasn't as cool to watch!

For years when the race was at Tamiya USA - I have great memories when Masami drove with his feet, Mark Pavidis hit the kink at full speed - flipped the car through air and landed the car not to miss a beat, Barry Baker b2b, Hodge hits the bug (on YouTube btw), Rod Canare domination, Ryan Cavalieri & Josh Numan, Andrew Swanson showing TC isn't just for onroad guys, Gil Losi Jr sneaks a run with a JRXS, Pumpler, Hyato, Hodapp - XRAY, The Introduction of the SPOOL (Thanks AE), ORION had the most ridiculous horsepower that the motors couldn't keep the shunts soldered on, first races hearing Scotty Ernst call races ' 'hard on the binders!'. How many races were won down the straightaway to the finish line?!!!

Memorable was when Masami was so confident about the Yokomo setup that he posted the setup on pit posts for everyone to see. Love the gamesmanship.

You will have a blast and meet a great group of racers.

How many days are left? I am already packed and ready to get served by my west coast homies that have been practicing since the last Reedy Race!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
This is my fifth Reedy race, first at Norcal Hobbies. There is no better show in touring car racing outdoors than Reedy. IFMAR Worlds wasn't as cool to watch!

For years when the race was at Tamiya USA - I have great memories when Masami drove with his feet, Mark Pavidis hit the kink at full speed - flipped the car through air and landed the car not to miss a beat, Barry Baker b2b, Hodge hits the bug (on YouTube btw), Rod Canare domination, Ryan Cavalieri & Josh Numan, Andrew Swanson showing TC isn't just for onroad guys, Gil Losi Jr sneaks a run with a JRXS, Pumpler, Hyato, Hodapp - XRAY, The Introduction of the SPOOL (Thanks AE), ORION had the most ridiculous horsepower that the motors couldn't keep the shunts soldered on, first races hearing Scotty Ernst call races ' 'hard on the binders!'. How many races were won down the straightaway to the finish line?!!!

Memorable was when Masami was so confident about the Yokomo setup that he posted the setup on pit posts for everyone to see. Love the gamesmanship.

You will have a blast and meet a great group of racers.

How many days are left? I am already packed and ready to get served by my west coast homies that have been practicing since the last Reedy Race!
Speaking of the "stink bug" incident there was one venturing its way into the sweeper 2 weeks ago and I mentioned it and no one knew what I was talking about and could therefore make the connection...how sad but those were the times!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Speaking of the "stink bug" incident there was one venturing its way into the sweeper 2 weeks ago and I mentioned it and no one knew what I was talking about and could therefore make the connection...how sad but those were times!!!!
I got your back kid!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Oh the " good o'l days"

The Reedy on road race was 2 races in one

1st race was the reedy race to the mail box

And

2nd was The reedy on road race of champions

One day it will return
Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

An aerial view of the track http://www.youtube.com/embed/KOXtVEjUKH0?rel=0
Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Wow. I think I found my next hobby after rc-cars! What was the rig you shot the video with?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

do i really have to mail my entry form in or is there some sort of up to date method via the innanet
Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
do i really have to mail my entry form in or is there some sort of up to date method via the innanet
other have asked - mail only.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
other have asked - mail only.

ah ok. thank you.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, You can send your entry in via paypal. Our address is [email protected].

You can call the store and register with a credit card as well. (510)324-5700. Just ask for Eric.

Let's make this easy.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E Vasutin
Ok, You can send your entry in via paypal. Our address is [email protected].

You can call the store and register with a credit card as well. (510)324-5700. Just ask for Eric.

Let's make this easy.
Eric, If I send my entry payment to you through paypal, what comments/info do you want me to write in the comments? Class, anything else?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

*In that aerial veiw, it really shows the massive power that brushless system's have brought to the rc racing scene. Diggin it man! It's just piont and shoot. It seem's to me traction would be my main priority. I have yet to run brushlees in my tc car. Tc racing is as dead as a doornail here in the southeastern U.S. I have been running offroad brushless in the 17.5 class. Nothing with the power I see in that vid. It looks like a handfull. I still love to follow whats happenng in the r/c tc racing world. I like to check all the latest stats.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Mark and Fred do you guys remember this race[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQoQPnYLiM&feature=plcp&context=C42d0374V DvjVQa1PpcFPkFmE2sgV53G_pl6fC2loamdyRewHDLk0%3D"[/URL]
Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AeRacer805
Mark and Fred do you guys remember this race[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQoQPnYLiM&feature=plcp&context=C42d0374V DvjVQa1PpcFPkFmE2sgV53G_pl6fC2loamdyRewHDLk0%3D"[/URL]
I was there. That is best entertainment on a Friday night. Thanks for the link. One of the best Reedy Race heats.

The Tamiya track was awesome because racers would either open really big or finish really strong. Always amazing to watch a guy get half lap lead on a world-class field only to find himself holding off attack after attack in the last minute. Tamiya was very technical. Always a blast watching DJ work traffic there.

Looking forward to this years race. Perhaps our new class on invite guys put up a big show!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AeRacer805
Mark and Fred do you guys remember this race[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQoQPnYLiM&feature=plcp&context=C42d0374V DvjVQa1PpcFPkFmE2sgV53G_pl6fC2loamdyRewHDLk0%3D"[/URL]
That's funny, I literally just watched it like 3 hours!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.