Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
1/8 vehicles, have they killed the RC industry? >

1/8 vehicles, have they killed the RC industry?

1/8 vehicles, have they killed the RC industry?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I race because of 1\8 scale nitro, and that is all i enjoy. The friends, the smell, the noise, and being able to know that when Saturday or Sunday rolls around i'm gonna have a good time no matter what.
My skill level is terrible and when i tried 1/10 scale i couldn't drive it, now i have a good chance of doing good because 1/8 scale is durable as oppossed to all the 1/10 scale graphite A-arms i would break every day.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

It seems at if the world of off-road racing revolves around 1/8 scale so if I wanted to ever race at a "big" race I would have to get into that class and that is what I have done with the E1/8 It is one awsome vehicle/class I will admit but there are way more hard nosed PRICKS to race with, in other electric classes they are more laid back easy going not as cut throat.

This is coming from an "outsider" new to rc/racing.

If you have not listened the E 1/8 make some noise to (pissed off blender) and you won;t die from the fumes racing/marshaling indoors. It is the best of both worlds....Killer handling,Power,Speed,Fun,No Fumes,No Tuning Engines.

I really enjoy it!!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone that dislikes the smell on nitromethane is a communist I could do without the noise but I could bathe in that smell. I do prefer electric and I love 1/10 4wd and buggy.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr GoodCat
It seems at if the world of off-road racing revolves around 1/8 scale so if I wanted to ever race at a "big" race I would have to get into that class and that is what I have done with the E1/8 It is one awsome vehicle/class I will admit but there are way more hard nosed PRICKS to race with, in other electric classes they are more laid back easy going not as cut throat.

This is coming from an "outsider" new to rc/racing.

If you have not listened the E 1/8 make some noise to (pissed off blender) and you won;t die from the fumes racing/marshaling indoors. It is the best of both worlds....Killer handling,Power,Speed,Fun,No Fumes,No Tuning Engines.

I really enjoy it!!!!!
I don't believe that about electric more laid back. I seen get worked and pissed off like any other racer. Your post looks to be electric vs nitro crap
Old 09-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
I don't believe that about electric more laid back. I seen get worked and pissed off like any other racer. Your post looks to be electric vs nitro crap
I own nitro vehicles and I do enjoy the smell just not being over come with the fumes at an indoor track. Some of the race fuels do not smell nice others smell really good. It is MY experience that the 1/8 racers take it very seriously and some act like there poo doesn;t stink. I enjoy racing and am competitive but there is no big money on the line and no need for fights after a race's.

There is no electric vs Nitro crap here bubba
Old 09-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think these perceptions are usually caused by a different location vice a class of vehicle.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

I found the 1/8 off road guys more laid back. I use to drive 1.5 hrs to offroad because of it. The onroad track was less than 10 minutes from my house. They were to uptight and it was very hacky.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr GoodCat
I will admit but there are way more hard nosed PRICKS to race with, in other electric classes they are more laid back easy going not as cut throat.

you won;t die from the fumes racing/marshaling indoors. It is the best of both worlds....Killer handling,Power,Speed,Fun,No Fumes,No Tuning Engines.

I really enjoy it!!!!!
It's not I would go back edit the 1st post then bubba.