Old 11-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Initiate

THANKS URIAH

DANIEL MAZZARA
Old 11-28-2008, 08:06 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wizby
Thanks guys. Does anyone understand the letter codes in nova plugs?
The numbers and characters on the plugs, are the product number, wire thickness, and thermal range of the plug’s body. Example: The Novarossi C6TG (F) or (C)
 Product: C (Conical)
 Wire Thickness: 6
 Plug Type: T (Turbo)
 Plated: G (Gold)
 Thermal Range: F (Fredda = Cold) C (Calda = Hot)

The plugs with cold thermal range F (Fredda), have a body with thinner walls and shorter body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head. The plugs with hot thermal range C (Calda), have a body with thicker walls and longer body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head. The number of threads is the same on both types of plugs.

How to select the proper plug:
• When the ambient temperature is high, we have to use a plug with thicker wire.
• With higher compression, we have to use a plug with thicker wire.
• Humidity determines if we use a Cold (F) thermal range, or Hot (C) thermal range.
• With high humidity percentage we should use a Hot (C) thermal range plug.
• If we have high temperature and high humidity, we should use a plug with thick wire and a Hot(C) thermal range.

AFM
Old 11-28-2008, 08:09 AM
afm
Tech Master

CORRECTION

The plugs with cold thermal range F (Fredda), have a body with thinner walls and shorter body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head.
The plugs with hot thermal range C (Calda), have a body with thicker walls and longer body, so they retain heat and dissipate it slower to the engine head. The number of threads is the same on both types of plugs.

AFM
Old 12-01-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

anyone heard from Uriah lately??????????
Old 12-01-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
anyone heard from Uriah lately??????????
Yes he was actually racing this weekend & Tq'ed the class
Old 12-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Uriah- u got email
Old 12-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Hi all I ran my murnan 353 on the weekend and all i can say is this engine has HUGGEE power, the only downside was the low grip tracki conditions because we normally spray VHT

cant wait to try it again with high grip! i couldnt power on in the turns without frying tires
Old 12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi all I ran my murnan 353 on the weekend and all i can say is this engine has HUGGEE power, the only downside was the low grip tracki conditions because we normally spray VHT

cant wait to try it again with high grip! i couldnt power on in the turns without frying tires
John,

That motor is by far the best I have owned, I kind of regret selling it to you

I will let you know how my new monster compares....

Michael.
Attached Thumbnails Murnan Modified Motors-sirio.jpg  
Old 12-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Uriah,

below is a question that I also posted in the Siro thread, but I figured that you are probably the best man to ask this question, since you"ve worked a lot with Sirio engines:

"I just received my very first Sirio engine,a .12 Evo4 STI.

I took it apart and everything looks very nice, but one thing caught my attention.

The head button sits very loosely in the sleeve and has some considerable play.

Is this normal?

I am used to Picco and NR engines, where you can only pull the button out of the sleeve when the plug is removed, and even then the stick pretty tight.

Also, the Sirio head button has a groove around the part that goes into the sleeve. Is that there to seal?

I can only imagine,that the button expands so heavily that it"ll seal correctly once the engine is hot, otherwise I would expect major blow by.

Thanks for your input."

Thanks buddy!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

I had a jp mod .12 were the head button was loose in the sleeve it never showed any signs of leaking. The shims are soft enough to make a good seal.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Hi Uriah,

below is a question that I also posted in the Siro thread, but I figured that you are probably the best man to ask this question, since you"ve worked a lot with Sirio engines:

I took it apart and everything looks very nice, but one thing caught my attention.

Is this normal?

I am used to Picco and NR engines, where you can only pull the button out of the sleeve when the plug is removed, and even then the stick pretty tight.

Also, the Sirio head button has a groove around the part that goes into the sleeve. Is that there to seal?

I can only imagine,that the button expands so heavily that it"ll seal correctly once the engine is hot, otherwise I would expect major blow by.

Thanks for your input."

Thanks buddy!
Hi Stefan,

I have a EVO4 from Murnan, mine had a very small amount of play, but nothing worth worrying about.

The head button on my 353 Murnan was much tighter, and often needed alittle force to get out.

Obviously, I do not have to worry about this with the newer Sirio XXX because of its newer head design

Michael.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Uriah Thanks for the Tune & pitting for the A Main see ya soon
Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Hi Uriah,

Is this normal?

Thanks for your input."

Thanks buddy!
Hi. I have seen some Sirio head buttons fit loosely, and some tighter. I think it should fit snugly, but not tight, and not loose. It should slide in easily with not much side to side play. Sometimes on the looser ones I have seen some blow by. Use the softer copper gaskets instead of the aluminum ones, and it should not leak.

I am not familiar with the groove cut into the head button. Maybe you can post a photo.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Uriah Thanks for the Tune & pitting for the A Main see ya soon
Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hi anyone tried the mm picco evo3 .21 buggy engine?
cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.