Search

AARCMCC 1/10th EP onroad National titles 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madmiki
+1

just wondering where i said most of you cant afford it?? i think your wrong really with that comment!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
How much were the nats last year?

It's not a matter of "if you cant afford it then don't race", most of us can afford it, the vast majority of us just don't like being ripped off. Given how many sponsors are listed, I can't imagine how an entry fee above $50 could be justified

On the upside, it looks like competition will be hot at the warm up race
Easy-$40 for the 1st class and $20 for 2nd. I bet our expenses to run were much higher also(rental of loos and power just to name a few) as it is not a "permanent" track. Or a business for that matter-perhaps this is the problem.

Originally Posted by xray racer
Turn back the clock roughly 12 months and consider the uproar that came due to a $7 increase in the cost of the control tire - due to the Australian dollar collapsing. Keeping in mind, the supplier later withdrew the increase and supplied the tires at the original and 'required' price, as per AARCMCC rules.

Dont you think it is appropriate that someone justify the $30 increase in the primary class entry fee, AND the $20 increase in the secondary class entry fee, AND yet again the $7 increase in the cost of the control tire - which the supplier boasted they would NOT have applied last year.

In reference to the banquet, sure it IS a great idea to raise money for the club etc, but it ISN'T to everyone's liking and as such shouldn't be mandatory as part of the entry. For those that wish to attend, they will pay the extra, for those that dont- they shouldn't be subjected to that cost.

As mentioned above, you are right, racing at these events is expensive, but you're wrong in assuming most of us cant afford it. MOST of us just dont like being ripped off, and forced to pay extra for a service that has been previously provided at a lower cost.

Its also disappointing to see the lack of 'official' reply to all of the concerns previously mentioned.

Robbie
+2 These are all legitimate concerns that need to be addressed by the organisers ASAP.

On another note, any other people considering the option of staying in the reserve for the meet? I am quite interested, but do not want to ba a lone soul in the badlands of Whalan surrounded by the interesting characters that no doubt frequent this locale I mean it is bad enough during the day, so I can only imagine the nightlife of the area.

As far as attendance, I think that all people who have raised concerns here will be coming, but we want our questions answered. It may seem like BS to you, but it is our hard earned that is getting spent here and while I am quite able to afford it, I would hate to think you would be discouraging entries but the sheer volume of EXTRA cash that people will need to lay out just to race compared to previous years. It is alrady a big weekend if I enter 2 classes- $120 in entry, a bit more in tyres, accomodation and fuel will mean about $500 before a wheel is turned. Plus whatever needs to be spent on other bits and pieces could quite easily blow to $1000+ so a few bucks here and there could make all the difference.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blown sv
just wondering where i said most of you cant afford it?? i think your wrong really with that comment!
I'll re-phrase that then, you are wrong to 'IMPLY', by responding to alex's comment with "if you cant afford it dont race".

And yes most of us ARE intending to race, but as has been mentioned, we dont like being ripped off. We are not trying to cause a stir over nothing, CLEARLY there are many issues that need to be resolved here. I find it hard to believe that none of you think this warrants an explanation...???

Robbie
Old 08-17-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blown sv
You didn't imply that most of them couldn't afford it but basically implied that if i couldn't afford it, i shouldn't race. Considering you don't know me and have never met me before i wouldn't imply that.

We are only raising our concerns because of the price increase from last year. Ill pay for the entry etc etc but was wondering why the increase of $30 and no valid reason behind it??

Alex . . .
Old 08-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingpops
Easy-$40 for the 1st class and $20 for 2nd. I bet our expenses to run were much higher also(rental of loos and power just to name a few) as it is not a "permanent" track. Or a business for that matter-perhaps this is the problem.

+2 These are all legitimate concerns that need to be addressed by the organisers ASAP.

On another note, any other people considering the option of staying in the reserve for the meet? I am quite interested, but do not want to ba a lone soul in the badlands of Whalan surrounded by the interesting characters that no doubt frequent this locale I mean it is bad enough during the day, so I can only imagine the nightlife of the area.

Matt,

I believe that Brad is going to hire security guards to be present during the night to secure all items at the site so that would include you camping
Old 08-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xray racer
I'll re-phrase that then, you are wrong to 'IMPLY', by responding to alex's comment with "if you cant afford it dont race".

And yes most of us ARE intending to race, but as has been mentioned, we dont like being ripped off. We are not trying to cause a stir over nothing, CLEARLY there are many issues that need to be resolved here. I find it hard to believe that none of you think this warrants an explanation...???

Robbie
+3

And still no official answer

the banquet is a great idea but not for everyone myself included as i presume it will be close to whalan and it a long drive home after a drink or 2 over dinner

so why should i pay for something i cant attend

And yes i will be racing and yes it is a large price to pay. not that i cant afford it would just like my money to go further
Old 08-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Smile nats info

to all racers

If any one would like any info or have problems on the event i am happy to speek and explain you buy email or phone .
But i will not be entering in to the debate that some people just keep starting up every event ..
The club is just trying to put on the best nationals it can for all racers and have a great weekend

thanks brad davis
President of sormcc
email [email protected]
phone. 0450549840
Old 08-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mugen.racer
to all racers

If any one would like any info or have problems on the event i am happy to speek and explain you buy email or phone .
But i will not be entering in to the debate that some people just keep starting up every event ..
The club is just trying to put on the best nationals it can for all racers and have a great weekend

thanks brad davis
President of sormcc
email [email protected]
phone. 0450549840
that shows total disrespect for the number of people that have asked the questions, and to the many more who generally dont comment, but have the same thoughts
Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugen.racer
to all racers

thanks brad davis
President of sormcc
email [email protected]
phone. 0450549840
We appreciate your efforts to provide the best nats for the racers, but if you use the forums to publicise your event you need to engage in the debate that will follow. There have been changes to the cost in entry and tyres that have had no justifiaction. Entry cost is well in excess of what most people would expect, and if you are going to provide somthing extra for the money let everyone know. I I were in your position I would have taken the front foot and made it clear as to why the sharp increase in entry and what extra people will get from it. This is your opportunity to now do it IMO.

The tyre changes have not been properly advised and fall outside of the AARCMCC rulebook, with the supplier from last year being smashed by all and sundry for the decision, even if it was later reversed. Given the global situatuion has improved substanially I would suspect that the tyre should be able to be supplied for the correct price, and if not the organisers need to work another way of funding the shortfall. Even if this is not possible, it needed to ne explained WHY there was the need for an increase. As AARCMCC presdient you should be setting the standard for following the guidlines that the peak body of the sport you were voted to represent, not make it up as you are going along as it appears at the moment.

Originally Posted by phi racing
that shows total disrespect for the number of people that have asked the questions, and to the many more who generally dont comment, but have the same thoughts
Agreed, simply turning it back to discussing in private does not help the silent majority that cannot or will not speak up or ask questions of the officials. The major isuue that all people have with the situation from what I can see, is that decisions seem to have been made in secret and just put out, without any explaination or justification. I know being in a position such as yours is at best a thankless task, but a simple run down of the reasoning behind the changes is all it takes to keep the peace. You only need to look at the threads for the past few nationals to see that you cannot keep everyone happy, but at least you can keep everyone in the loop so they know why the costs are escalating. We may not like it and still complain, but at least it does not look like profit taking from the racers.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingpops

As far as attendance, I think that all people who have raised concerns here will be coming, but we want our questions answered. It may seem like BS to you, but it is our hard earned that is getting spent here and while I am quite able to afford it, I would hate to think you would be discouraging entries but the sheer volume of EXTRA cash that people will need to lay out just to race compared to previous years. It is alrady a big weekend if I enter 2 classes- $120 in entry, a bit more in tyres, accomodation and fuel will mean about $500 before a wheel is turned. Plus whatever needs to be spent on other bits and pieces could quite easily blow to $1000+ so a few bucks here and there could make all the difference.
At the rate you smash cars a clubbie costs you $1000.00
Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phi racing
That shows total disrespect for the number of people that have asked the questions, and to the many more who generally dont comment, but have the same thoughts
How about one person ring, ask all the questions that have been put forward, and then post the answers on here anyway.

That would satisfy most of us by giving us a place to look if we are apprehensive to ring and bother the organisers with what might be thought to be small or insignificant questions. If I have thought of them, then im sure everyone else has.

Better to answer each question once, than have it asked 150 times.

Maybe a rep from each club should be sourced (el-Presidente', VP, Tres or Sec etc) and all questions and inquiries can be put through them in a more official way.

Ben White
SMA
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Hold on here,

None of you knob heads (Yes you Vercoe!) have considered the cost of running the event! I am no fan of rubber tires - Lets just get that cleared up if it was up to me it would be FOAM, BUT you need to chill out a little. If you dont like it dont race! I am one of the sponsors and can tell you that if I thought they where profiteering from this I would pull out. If you want the hobby to grow then stop all this BS before each event or sponsors like me will think twice next time before we help any club or event.

Nick
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THE ROCK
Hold on here,

None of you knob heads (Yes you Vercoe!) have considered the cost of running the event! I am no fan of rubber tires - Lets just get that cleared up if it was up to me it would be FOAM, BUT you need to chill out a little. If you dont like it dont race! I am one of the sponsors and can tell you that if I thought they where profiteering from this I would pull out. If you want the hobby to grow then stop all this BS before each event or sponsors like me will think twice next time before we help any club or event.

Nick
Knob Heads! Now thats taking to another level. You say you're a sponser, which one so I know not to buy any of your products. As for Vercoe, it seems to me he is only pointing out a few rules people are choosing to break without much of an explanation.

I agree we want the sport to grow. For that to happen we need fair and simple rule that do not get broken. Otherwise whats the point of even having a governing body.

Surely it it quite obvious from the replies that the majority are not happy about the situation. And all it seems people want is a few reasonable answers.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hold on here,

Nick
Nick as a firend i know you are generally more intelligent than the comments you made above, and can tell you to pull your head in. If you bothered to read my comments, i have only requested an explanation for the tire price increase, it is others as a result of no official feedback from Brad Davis have gone onto question the additional price gauging of the entry fee, and compulsory banquet fees.

You are supplying generators and Lights in order to allow Brad to have his plan for late night Racing, as Brad has not bothered to inform the masses of his intentions. Which in part cover the need to have the Banquet, then hold another round of qualifying after the banquet, so that means people will need to remain at the track until around 10pm, then you will need to be trackside again by 7.30am to complete the event.

A Marquee - For which no one has requested, and was once before for the state titles promised and never eventuated.

From what i understand Venom have made a substantial sponsorship package, which under a normal event would allow there to be a free entry to the event.

Again going back to my original comments, the tire rules stipulate $35 a set, why cant we get an explanation as to the $7 price hike? Assuming HEI are playing ball and supplying per their tender, why do we as the racers need to subsidize the event further?

Of course i want this hobby to grow, i have been in it for some 20 years, so i have seen many people come and go, with an understanding as to why. People implementing changes which make it much more expensive to run an event is part of those things that prevent this great hobby from growing.

Lets get back to a set of rules that are enforced, so that people can prepare adequately, and race.

As others have commented, I would have thought that Brad Davis as the President of ARCMACCA's would operate much more openly and intelligently than he has. Its only discussion like this that will resolve these matters, and get people to attend the event. Currently it looks like a big wallet filling excercise on behalf of the Business which is SORMCC.

Davis has my contact number if he is too gutless to make a public anouncement as to why he needs to rip us off, he is free to call me anytime.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Hold on here,

Nick
This is the point nick we want more people to turn up !! but how can u expect people to turn up to an event like this that are always going to run mid to back of pack and spend there 100's on racing when they can do it at club meet or do the warm up meet for far less and race the same people????? to run 2 classes will cost a local $300 + let alone pay 4 accommodation , airfares fuel etc !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.