Community
Wiki Posts
Search

magizines only showing electric

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CHogle
i enjoy running both nitro and electric offroad. i run my buggy and truggy in the summer and my electric 2 and 4 wheel in the winter. nitro offroad is huge in the summer months, with quality races attracting 100-300 entries almost every weekend. there are a few big must hit electric races in the summer, and the same for nitro in the winter.

racing both, electric is alot easier to tune and maintain and the racing is very good. However i think nitro will have a appeal for a while longer because of the longer mains, refueling, time to come back from early mistakes, ect.

i think the r/c mags. are showing more electric besause of the time of the year, and the explosion of quality lipo and brushless ecs/motors. at a cheap price.

i think you will see nitro come back like always in the summer.
well i hope so because 1/10th outdoors is no fun.

it depends on which track u go to the one i go to is a 1/8 track but they just
started to have a short corse class some basilly the whole season thats how
it is mostly 1/8 in the spring time and summer and fall,and then theres
tracks that are made for 1/8 and 1/10 it depends,yea exatcy thats whats
good about the nitro racing i have a lot more time to catch up if u get
in a pile up,in electric its hard cause u have to be smoother epsially
when u have a high power brushless and lipo.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i dont know i dont run lipos and i whouldnt trust ordering overseas anyway
thats just me though, for some reason they running 2 lipos thats were 2 cell
i belive the 3 guys that i seen that have electric 1/8 have the losi conversion
kit i belive but it felt a lot more heavyer to me than my nitro 1/8 eight

ordering overseas is no different from ordering from say A-main....they provide tracking and are more then a reputable company....their track record is incredibly good in the lipo market not to mention the Rock Bottom prices compared to most.

Losi's run a single pack set-up...Not a duel...there for the guys you saw were running the tekno chassis....Not the losi conversion.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Prophet

oh yea your right i remember the losi conversion had one pack,i know they
have tracking and stuff but i dont just not just where my money is going
thats all,but if i did get a lipo i would get one for a slash or a 1/16 slash
Old 12-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

oh yea your right i remember the losi conversion had one pack,i know they
have tracking and stuff but i dont just not just where my money is going
thats all,but if i did get a lipo i would get one for a slash or a 1/16 slash

MG man....your posts are a Nightmare to read....PLEASE take some pride in some Sentence Structure....some of your post's make NO sense......Im sorry to say this but it's been said before.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

like i was saying i think in about 2 to 3 or more years there maybe be a
seprate class for them,but for offroad nitro is so much better,i dont mind
racing againest them when theres about 2 of them cause the ones,i seen
they just wreck a lot most of the time cause they do dam fast and quick.
now one magazine i do like though is extreme xrc r/c mag cause they
have a good amount of nitro still as for the others u lost me.
Dont know where you race but here there is a seperate class for them, nitro vs nitro and electric vs electric. I dont think at any big events you will see them against each other either. +1 on the sentence structure and spelling very hard to cipher your posts.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Prophet

not around in pa yet theres nitro and electric short corse,
so who ever shows with the 1/8 electric buggy
races with the nitro 1/8 later in the years maybe there will be a seprate class
for them
Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

not around in pa yet theres nitro and electric short corse,
so who ever shows with the 1/8 electric buggy
races with the nitro 1/8 later in the years maybe there will be a seprate class
for them
How does the race director or who ever runs the races make it fair?? It must be some short mains if there running together, plus the electric dont have to pit like the nitro. Sounds like there could be alot of arguing at your tracks.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Prophet

i dont know if u ever been to hobby hut the times
i was there there will about 2 to 1 of electric showing
up from what i seen they bring the buggy into the,
pits and change the battery thats the way it is
if they what to race with us intil theres a enough to seprate the class,
then they follow the 1/8 nitro pit rules,most of the guy in atleast
sportsman class cant frive them that good so its kind of equal.
and usally the 1/8 nitro buggy truggy wins.its in the club races
so its not a big deal ,its about 20 minute mains at the most,
so i think they did like 25 minutes before that happen but
i know us nitro guys want a seprate class for them evently.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hello TC 5 man...

I agree with you. A sepeate class they are. I personally don't like racing against them. It's just not right to combine classes. At our club race they combine buggy truggy electric or nitro. It's a nightmare for my nitro 808 buggy and me. On the flip side I'm improving from the challenge. the batteries were a pain back in the day. I see motors burning up and being replaced a lot too. It seems expensive to keep up in electric. You other guys be nice, Integra, take it easy on the guy.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Prophet

thanks man nitro bro me and hit just like to fire each other up ha.
i wouldnt say its a nightmare to race them to me i dont even though they are
running electric and plus the guys in my sportsman class arent the greatest
at driving and usally i see the nitro buggy buggy win every time not the electric but yea maybe i hope there will be a seprate class in 2011 or later but
it also depends on what track your at diffrent places have diffrent classes show up
Old 12-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The magazines are showing a lot of electric because that is what a lot folks are interested in these days. Especially bashers which despite what hardcore racers think are the ones who spend the most money.

Nitro isn't going anywhere for awhile. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see nitro die out completely within two years for basher oriented cars. Why buy a nitro Savage or Revo when you can get an electric one that will go 60+ out the box? No tuning, etc plus you don't piss off the neighbors. Set up right, you can run 20+ minutes on a single battery that cost $50-$75. It isn't cost prohibitive to have three or four packs any more than will last you all day. The whole appeal to nitro was the run times and power. The power is no where near brushless now and the run times get longer and longer every year as the batteries improve exponentially. You can built a Rustler that goes 70mph and runs for damn near an hour on one battery.

On the track, nitro probably will still be dominate for years to come. The electric class and technology is still working itself out. It is still very much the early adopter stage. However, I do think at some point, nitro will be regulated to a niche as opposed to being the dominate class, but that would be at least five years from now imho.

Nitro does have an intangible quality to the noise and smoke on the track that makes it exciting. However, as the performance and battery technology improves, I think many racers are going to get over the lack of noise for the improvement in lap times and the ease of use.

Regardless of your weapon of choice, it is all about having fun though.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Prophet

yea i know bashers whould get the electric hype and buy them over the
nitro cause how fast they are and other things, i dont know if nitro basher
oriented cars will die compelly im sure there will still be guys who mess
around that like the smoke and sound yea in about 5 years or sooner there
proberty be a separate class for the 1/8 electric but i dont think every racer
will do that though, the thing i dont like about electric espially with a high
power motor brushless motor and lipo is that its to quick and i never felt
that i have control of it i dont like that with nitro i do and love a bit of lag
and driving them harder on the track.but i do hope sooner there will be a class for them but its funny though that atleast in the sportsman class i see.
the nitro buggy wins
Old 12-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

most bashers wont even look at electrics besides crawlers, at least the guys I know. The revo is king when talking about sales for all rcs and im betting they still sell at least 10:1 over the electric counterparts. Nitro is not going anywhere, its only gotten big in the last ten years its just leveling off.

i would have no problem with electric 1/8ths running with the nitro 1/8ths if the power was regulated somewhat similar Seems pretty retarded they stick 3.5+hp bl motors in the buggies and the nitros run motors that are well less than 2hp.Im sure a nitro buggy that had a race built .32 with timing numbers close to what the race .21s have with taller gearing they would be quicker too, but thats not whats legal.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Prophet

and u see in the guy with the 1/8 nitro beats the 1/8 electric buggy when
they run together dont u i knwo i do ,the main reason is the electric are to dam quick nitro engines have prently of torque if ask me

i do agree though since they are running in our class for now maybe tracks,
should have a limit on what motors are to be used they already have a rule
on the lipos .
Old 12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
most bashers wont even look at electrics besides crawlers, at least the guys I know. The revo is king when talking about sales for all rcs and im betting they still sell at least 10:1 over the electric counterparts. Nitro is not going anywhere, its only gotten big in the last ten years its just leveling off.

i would have no problem with electric 1/8ths running with the nitro 1/8ths if the power was regulated somewhat similar Seems pretty retarded they stick 3.5+hp bl motors in the buggies and the nitros run motors that are well less than 2hp.Im sure a nitro buggy that had a race built .32 with timing numbers close to what the race .21s have with taller gearing they would be quicker too, but thats not whats legal.
I don't know Traxxas sales numbers, but if you look at the Traxxas.com forum, it is pretty clear the electric REVOs are taking over. Even on this board, there are plenty of "convert my nitro to electric" threads in the Monster Truck forum.

Most properly setup electrics aren't any faster than a nitro on the track. Every serious racer I know has their car set to run just about the same speed as a nitro. Everything runs cooler and more efficient. The torque is controlled through setting up the throttle curve in the ESC and there are things like a slipperential (a center diff with a built in slipper clutch) that people are using now to tone down the torque. The biggest problem the class has now is that most are properly setup due to manufacturers pushing over power systems and that it does take quite a bit of research to really know how to set up a good electric car. Most of the electric 1/8 newbs start off with stuff that is WAAAY over powered, but once they figure it out the cars get toned down dramatically.

The only advantage I get is that I can clear some jumps with a short run up that nitros can't. However, that doesn't make up for skillful and consistent driving. No matter how much faster my car may be in a straight line, I have no chance in hell at beating our local pros. I do ok in our sportsman class and have won a couple of A mains. 90% of winning is driving skills and nothing more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.