Community
Wiki Posts
Search

battery hold down problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default battery hold down problem

does any body know of a better way to secure batteris in a pan car (10l3)besides tape? i have a lot of money invested in a very high performance car and i have to use tape for the batteries! i have seen rubberband and hold down bars on other cars and was woondering if there is a nice system availible for the 10l series cars. i dont want anything hack-and to me tape is kind of hack in a highly modified car
Old 06-01-2003, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You could just drill and countersink holes to use a battery hold down post from another car. I have a yokomo battery hold down for sale since I got rid of it and switched to tape... You gotta understand that in pan cars, they use tape to save any bit of weight they can, if they wanted to integrate some kind of battery strap, they would have by now, but tape is the best thing to use to keep the car light, and it works fine holding the batteries down.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

the car is all graphite and irrgang racing after market accessories-virtualy weightless,and i dont race it formally because there are no tracks within 75 miles of. the couple of extra nanograms for a hold down system would not concern me. and i would be interested in buying yours if it would work and not look hack. how do you countersink graphite? can i get special bits at hardware store?
Old 06-01-2003, 08:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Dont know if the yokomo strap will work, it's for inline 6 cells. You can countersink graphite with a regular countersink bit and a drill press.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:48 PM

Dan's RC Stuff makes battery hold downs for six cell pan cars. Its available from Sheldons. It uses Velcro to hold the batteries in place. The Velcro strips are attached to a bracket that is fastened to the chassis. I could not find a web site for Dan's RC.

http://www.sheldonshobbies.com/listing/dan.html
Old 06-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Amazing when you ask a question nicely (without a ton of profanity) and you receive nice, informative answers as well.