Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2010 ROAR ONROAD PAVED NATS TO BE HELD AT NORCAL HOBBIES IN CA. >

2010 ROAR ONROAD PAVED NATS TO BE HELD AT NORCAL HOBBIES IN CA.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR ONROAD PAVED NATS TO BE HELD AT NORCAL HOBBIES IN CA.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

She and I will be hitting Monterey and Santa Cruz Monday and Tuesday before the racing. She's just doesn't want to hang at the track ALL day on the 1st. I hope the Giant Dipper is still up and running ...

Thanks for all the ideas y'all!!

AWD

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 07-22-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
...Jesus.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
She and I will be hitting Monterey and Santa Cruz Monday and Tuesday before the racing. She's just doesn't want to hang at the track ALL day on the 1st. I hope the Giant Dipper is still up and running ...

Thanks for all the ideas y'all!!

AWD
Andrew,

New restaurant called Isabella's on the #1 Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey has a garlic roasted crab that is to die for...Fairly upscale but absolutely worth it!

Or, on the #2 Wharf, there is a quaint little restaurant called Sandabs overlooking the boat docks. Very nice to get away from the tourists.

The Monterey Aquarium is special. Best I have been to. Aquarium is right on Cannery Row so there is plenty to see.

There is also a nice restaurant at Lover's Point in Pacific Grove. PG is where masses of Monarch butterflies come to every October. Nature thing!

Lots of boutique shopping in Carmel too. Check out the Green Lantern Inn for a place to stay. Bizarre rooms.

And here is the link to a very special grand view restaurant located between Carmel and Big Sur at http://www.rocky-point.com/. A favorite of the celebrities.

Laguna Seca Raceway is on the road between Monterey and Salinas.

And we live about 15 minutes from NorCal Hobbies. My wife will be in the neighborhood.

Bill
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

wHAT ABOUT THE DANCE CLUBS WITH POLES FOR THE WOMEN
Old 07-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Thats what I'm talking about.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Andrew,

New restaurant called Isabella's on the #1 Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey has a garlic roasted crab that is to die for...Fairly upscale but absolutely worth it!

Or, on the #2 Wharf, there is a quaint little restaurant called Sandabs overlooking the boat docks. Very nice to get away from the tourists.

The Monterey Aquarium is special. Best I have been to. Aquarium is right on Cannery Row so there is plenty to see.

There is also a nice restaurant at Lover's Point in Pacific Grove. PG is where masses of Monarch butterflies come to every October. Nature thing!

Lots of boutique shopping in Carmel too. Check out the Green Lantern Inn for a place to stay. Bizarre rooms.

And here is the link to a very special grand view restaurant located between Carmel and Big Sur at http://www.rocky-point.com/. A favorite of the celebrities.

Laguna Seca Raceway is on the road between Monterey and Salinas.

And we live about 15 minutes from NorCal Hobbies. My wife will be in the neighborhood.

Bill
That sounds awesome. Its a shame Steinbeck never wrote a travel guide. After reading East of Eden last month, I have a feeling it would have been a best seller. Looking forward to seeing y'all again. You'd think I'd be tired of all this stuff after being born in Stockton and living in Sac for 18 years. I gotta convince the wife to move back somehow though! Tim is never slow to point out what I am missing in CA, lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Thats what I'm talking about.
PB ready, looks like DD will be workin overtime
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
make it to portland or. on labor day weekend for the sweep challenge ,we'll show you all about that!!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigdadracing
make it to portland or. on labor day weekend for the sweep challenge ,we'll show you all about that!!!!!
Team Pop-A-Top rides again.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Last week I was in Oregan and had a blast. visited all the local tracks i could find and met some great racers and facilities. Glad you guys are attending. Make sure to send me any info on your races to [email protected]

This weeks racing in sedan, 12th scale and WGT was great. Traction is going to be great for Nats and track loyout is going to be so much fun.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin J
Last week I was in Oregan and had a blast. visited all the local tracks i could find and met some great racers and facilities. Glad you guys are attending. Make sure to send me any info on your races to [email protected]

This weeks racing in sedan, 12th scale and WGT was great. Traction is going to be great for Nats and track loyout is going to be so much fun.
hey thanks Kevin hopefully you and some of the guys can make the clubs race in september on labor day weekend always glad to see some new faces.
we're really looking forward to coming down there in a couple day for this race!!!!!!!!!! you guys will have to show us how it done in californa
Old 07-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin J

Tracks in Oregon? I gotta drive to california for "tracks" and "racing"
Old 07-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Tracks in Oregon? I gotta drive to california for "tracks" and "racing"
try driving north lots of tracks like rcsr, tmz1 and two,rcplus just to name a few
Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigdadracing
try driving north lots of tracks like rcsr, tmz1 and two,rcplus just to name a few
I wish I could have made it to the TZGP, just could not swing it at the time. It's a lot cheaper for me to race in California, I have family and friend places to crash. NWIC for sure this winter.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

What tracks are there in Oregon. My in-laws has a ranch in Jucntion City. so maybe next time we visit them I can have a reason to bring my RC cars..Hahahaha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.