Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree41Likes

Schumacher KD 2wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Quick question for you guys. There is an indoor track near me that is medium-high to high traction (according to those that run there). Which version would you recommend? For some reason I am leaning towards the KC, mainly for the fact that it is quite different than anything else out there. On this track I would say that about half of the 2wd guys are running laydown. The track is Hi Performance hobbies in Hutchinson KS. Would I be much better off with a KD? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default High grip

Originally Posted by Swass
Quick question for you guys. There is an indoor track near me that is medium-high to high traction (according to those that run there). Which version would you recommend? For some reason I am leaning towards the KC, mainly for the fact that it is quite different than anything else out there. On this track I would say that about half of the 2wd guys are running laydown. The track is Hi Performance hobbies in Hutchinson KS. Would I be much better off with a KD? Thanks in advance!
You are correct! KC would be spot on! Position 4
Old 02-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Ya if the fast guys run laydown I would lean towards the KC. If it doesn't always have high bite you could always swap to the KD rearend
Old 02-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Wow! Cat XLS re release in March. Were can I pre order one.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Am I the only one who remembers what a nightmare those Cat XLS' were to work on? lol

Oh, and 3 words for ya': "Flat.Head.Screws."
Old 02-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hopefully the re release has metrix hex style screws?
Old 02-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Am I the only one who remembers what a nightmare those Cat XLS' were to work on? lol

Oh, and 3 words for ya': "Flat.Head.Screws."
The CAT XLS was my first Schumacher, totally scarred me as the flat blade slipped and gouged my hands!
Old 02-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hey from my experience with the KD and KC and I have run at that track in '15 I think it was fall classic? Anyways ... KD is your best option.

Good rule of thumb guys as a lot of people have different views on high bite if your not running gold (clay compounds) run down to ghost pins and pulling a wheelie ... It's not high bite
Old 02-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the responses gentlemen.. I think I will go with a KD and buy the conversion kit if I ever run on carpet or turf. What motor do you recommend for Mod?

SuttonAviation, you are correct about the Fall Classic being ran there.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the responses gentlemen.. I think I will go with a KD and buy the conversion kit if I ever run on carpet or turf. What motor do you recommend for Mod?

SuttonAviation, you are correct about the Fall Classic being ran there.
Really motor size depends on your skill level .... I run a 7.5 but I usually recommend an 8.5.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

I agree Billy. High bite is commonly mistaken for.

For example ocrc isn't high bite imo. But it is for many others. Ocrc on main day is like our track on the first night. Our track gains grip very fast. After the first night we're pretty much on slicks. Laydown cars wheelie. On a 110x60 track 14sec laps is high bite lol

When you see 4wd cars wheelie. There's a lot of bite
Old 02-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
I agree Billy. High bite is commonly mistaken for.

For example ocrc isn't high bite imo. But it is for many others. Ocrc on main day is like our track on the first night. Our track gains grip very fast. After the first night we're pretty much on slicks. Laydown cars wheelie. On a 110x60 track 14sec laps is high bite lol

When you see 4wd cars wheelie. There's a lot of bite
Agreed I wouldn't say high bite for OCRC until the last day after a million laps ...
I gotta make it down your way soon track sounds awesome!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Ok guys I got Lunsford to put together some turnbuckles for the KD/KC for us and I have a bunch on the way... they're on the site for a special price for the Schumacher guys. They'll be here in a couple days

http://prime-hobby.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1058
Old 02-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Ok guys I got Lunsford to put together some turnbuckles for the KD/KC for us and I have a bunch on the way... they're on the site for a special price for the Schumacher guys. They'll be here in a couple days

http://prime-hobby.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1058
ordered!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Got it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.