Calipers or Cityblocks for truggy ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calipers or Cityblocks for truggy ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
There is alot of cities that are in the process of boycotting AZ.... Screw that the illegals are winning, why are you going to change your life and your likes and dislike over this issue in which you are not involved. Your from TX right?
Yes, I'm from Texas. We have a problem here with illegal immigration also. A big one. So, I AM involved more than most folks.

Note that I also have an adopted daughter who is an immigrant. A LEGAL immigrant. We had to jump through all the legal hoops for that... why shouldn't everyone else that wants to come here be held to the same standard?

So... I'm involved from another perspective as well.

And I believe that most of the RC companies are based out of CA or have set up distribution there.
RC America / XRAY / Hudy is here in Texas. Good thing I run XRAY. And Alpha engines are also distributed (for the U.S.) out of Texas by RC Pro Products.

I am as American as can be. But I dont agree with give the POPO (I HATE WITH ALL MY BLOOD) the right to harass citizens. Its 1955 all over again.
I understand your feelings on that... so... what solution do you suggest?

If they pull the plug on LA, that would be wrong and irresponsible, what about the US citizens that would effect. Schools and hospitals, nursing homes ect.....Dont care what the issue is, its should not effect the citizens of this country............ sorry for my little rant..
So LA (and other cities) shouldn't be taking that irresponsible step. Actions have consequences. Arizona is simply responding in kind to the actions of these folks.

Back on topic, so DOMIT what tires are you gonna run...?
Depends on the conditions. I already have some city blocks that I'll run... but I won't be buying any more until this nonsense is over. If I buy comparable new tires they'll be Calibers.

For blue groove probably the small pin Panthers in the clay compound.

I might pick up a set of Panther Komodo Dragons also... I used to like those on the buggy when it was loose and dusty. I suspect they'll work equally well on the truggy.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default You need to do some reading my friend.

There is alot of cities that are in the process of boycotting AZ.... Screw that the illegals are winning, why are you going to change your life and your likes and dislike over this issue in which you are not involved. Your from TX right? And I believe that most of the RC companies are based out of CA or have set up distribution there. I am as American as can be. But I dont agree with give the POPO (I HATE WITH ALL MY BLOOD) the right to harass citizens. Its 1955 all over again. If they pull the plug on LA, that would be wrong and irresponsible, what about the US citizens that would effect. Schools and hospitals, nursing homes ect.....Dont care what the issue is, its should not effect the citizens of this country............ sorry for my little rant..

Back on topic, so DOMIT what tires are you gonna run...?

WOW.

Since you don't live in Arizona nor seem to know the current facts of this law that was created years ago but NEVER enforced, I will enlighten you. Despite the hundreds of millions of dollars that the Feds/Arizona have to spend every year(which is in the billions now if you add them up) they still have let illegals assimilate into this country with ease once your past the border. You come into the US and what do you get for BREAKING THE LAW and entering the country illegally? Free education, healthcare, food stamps, subsidized rent/housing, a lobbyist in Washington, drivers license, JOB and oh the biggest one, the right to say your an American when they bitch they don't get enough respect.

Don't get mad at Arizona, the immigration law was merely an act to make the Federal government to wake the .... up. If you wan't to see what happens in other countries if you cross their borders illegally, do some research.

It sure is sad when an American born boy/girl can't get into a public school within their district because it is full.. at what point are our(legals) interests more important theirs(illegals)?

Sorry for my rant, but you were wrong.

Next time lets not drag politics into this website please... I get worked up easily.

Last edited by J.Whiting; 05-20-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: language
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
WOW.

Since you don't live in Arizona nor seem to know the current facts of this law that was created years ago but NEVER enforced, I will enlighten you. Despite the hundreds of millions of dollars that the Feds/Arizona have to spend every year(which is in the billions now if you add them up) they still have let illegals assimilate into this country with ease once your past the border. You come into the US and what do you get for BREAKING THE LAW and entering the country illegally? Free education, healthcare, food stamps, subsidized rent/housing, a lobbyist in Washington, drivers license, JOB and oh the biggest one, the right to say your an American when they bitch they don't get enough respect.

Don't get mad at Arizona, the immigration law was merely an act to make the Federal government to wake the fuck up. If you wan't to see what happens in other countries if you cross their borders illegally, do some research.

It sure is sad when an American born boy/girl can't get into a public school within their district because it is full.. at what point are our(legals) interests more important theirs(illegals)?

Sorry for my rant, but you were wrong.
So Scoopdaloop, your in school huh, well you broke it down, but guess what, ITS DISCRIMINATION and that's against the LAW.... They will be harassing all the legal immigrants, which will sue and win millions of dollars that will be taken way from schools and other services that benefits that citizens.

Thats all fine and dandy, but I am not ready to pay $5 per apple and $10 for a watermelon, $300 a night a best western, ect - because despite people dislikes of "illegals" they do work in the jobs that MOST Americans wont do. We are to high and mighty to wipe our own ass, me included. Imagine if documented Americans had to pick apples, after paying workers $10 an hour + benefits each apple will be 5 bucks. Now I think we need to find a different route to handle immigration, not put all Hispanics under the microscope and give the already abusive police authority to stop honest working legal Hispanic Americans and have them show proof. THAT IS WRONG.... If they come here and bust there ass and work, especially in jobs were Americans are to good to do and they prices stay down, then I have more money for my RC......... Im done... Thanks for listening

@ Domit - I understand where your coming from, I just see it differently. I just dont agree with how the law is written.

who else makes turggy tires beside aka proline and panther?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default lol

Well if you feel so strongly about the potential of being stopped by "popo" then how do you ever manage going to the airport? After all your doing the same thing at an airport, showing/proving your citizenship.

As for jobs, the past 15-20 years which are dubbed the "tech" era were a heavenly delight in the United States that drove our economy like never seen before. However, that is over and I'm telling you American will take jobs where they can get them. If your so American, stand up for your country and ITS people. As for $5 apples, its called government subsidization. Its hilarious you think apples or whatever other product will raise its value that much.. once again, subsidize.

Look at it from an Arizonans perspective, we are sick and tired of paying taxes for illegal immigrants. I sure as hell could have used some of that money for RC, but no. So you say cheaper products, I argue that I'm over paying for their education and healthcare.

Yep it's over and it's nothing personal, just realize pushing your beliefs around may not be accepted by all; as I know mine aren't either.

And to help answer your question for tires beyond AKA, proline, Panther, JConcepts makes tires for truggy.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
Well if you feel so strongly about the potential of being stopped by "popo" then how do you ever manage going to the airport? After all your doing the same thing at an airport, showing/proving your citizenship.

As for jobs, the past 15-20 years which are dubbed the "tech" era were a heavenly delight in the United States that drove our economy like never seen before. However, that is over and I'm telling you American will take jobs where they can get them. If your so American, stand up for your country and ITS people. As for $5 apples, its called government subsidization. Its hilarious you think apples or whatever other product will raise its value that much.. once again, subsidize.

Look at it from an Arizonans perspective, we are sick and tired of paying taxes for illegal immigrants. I sure as hell could have used some of that money for RC, but no. So you say cheaper products, I argue that I'm over paying for their education and healthcare.

Yep it's over and it's nothing personal, just realize pushing your beliefs around may not be accepted by all; as I know mine aren't either.

And to help answer your question for tires beyond AKA, proline, Panther, JConcepts makes tires for truggy.

+1 i have to agree with you on that, issue you come here illegely you dont get a free ride. but yea you could have a, lot more money for r/c than paying for illegals.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DOMIT
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... normally I really like City Blocks. Unfortunately I won't be buying any in the near future, since AKA is based in California. As long as various California cities are boycotting Arizona I won't be doing business with any California based companies.
proline is in banning, ca. 45 minutes from aka.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

@ Domit - I understand where your coming from, I just see it differently. I just dont agree with how the law is written.
Have you read it? Or simply take what the protestors are saying at face value?

who else makes turggy tires beside aka proline and panther?
JConcepts, VP Pro...
Old 05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trackstarlosi
Thanks Dylan... although that unfortunately takes my 2 favorite "go to" tires out of the mix!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Have you read it? Or simply take what the protestors are saying at face value?

JConcepts, VP Pro...
I read it and everyone has their opinion, Im all for cracking down on illegal immigration, but just going bout it in a different direction...

and scoopdaloop - Im more upset about my taxes going to our people that just sit on the system and collect from the system, I personally know legal people that gets upto 5 grand a month off the system. They drive better cars and live in biggers homes, all off the system.....

How are VP truggy tires?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Panther is in Riverside, CA. Halfway between AKA and PL. I feel your pain though. Us border states have it real bad with the illegal situation. The rest of the country has no idea what is really going on. If amnesty is passed, we may never recover. They only answer is to deport everyone that is not here legally. I hope AZ is ready for the population increase due to everybody leaving CA.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by trackstarlosi

really ? i dint know that one
Old 05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Prophet

I read it and everyone has their opinion, Im all for cracking down on illegal immigration, but just going bout it in a different direction...

and scoopdaloop - Im more upset about my taxes going to our people that just sit on the system and collect from the system, I personally know legal people that gets upto 5 grand a month off the system. They drive better cars and live in biggers homes, all off the system.....

How are VP truggy tires?

i never seen anybody i know run, them but maybe il try them out i heard there good though.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So Scoopdaloop, your in school huh, well you broke it down, but guess what, ITS DISCRIMINATION and that's against the LAW.... They will be harassing all the legal immigrants, which will sue and win millions of dollars that will be taken way from schools and other services that benefits that citizens.

Thats all fine and dandy, but I am not ready to pay $5 per apple and $10 for a watermelon, $300 a night a best western, ect - because despite people dislikes of "illegals" they do work in the jobs that MOST Americans wont do. We are to high and mighty to wipe our own ass, me included. Imagine if documented Americans had to pick apples, after paying workers $10 an hour + benefits each apple will be 5 bucks. Now I think we need to find a different route to handle immigration, not put all Hispanics under the microscope and give the already abusive police authority to stop honest working legal Hispanic Americans and have them show proof. THAT IS WRONG.... If they come here and bust there ass and work, especially in jobs were Americans are to good to do and they prices stay down, then I have more money for my RC......... Im done... Thanks for listening

ILLEGAL is not a color.

LEGAL Immigrants have to carry ID cards with them anyway ITS THE LAW.

Officer asks for ID and you show it, just like if you get pulled over for speeding, how is that discrimination?

The law states that police officers can't just start asking for ID's just for the sake of it, they have to have other reasons, but now can ask for immigration papers.

This law is the same as the Federal law but the Fed's just havn't enforced it for such a long time the way it should have been.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... normally I really like City Blocks. Unfortunately I won't be buying any in the near future, since AKA is based in California. As long as various California cities are boycotting Arizona I won't be doing business with any California based companies.
Cool.. Way to stand up for your beliefs..
Old 05-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default jc

FWIW - JConcepts is in Groveland, FL.

A few racers here use Truggy Crosshairs as their "default" tire... JC is a great company that supports local racers so don't count them out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.