Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
RC Pro Onroad Round 2, Western Division, Santa Clara, Ca. >

RC Pro Onroad Round 2, Western Division, Santa Clara, Ca.

RC Pro Onroad Round 2, Western Division, Santa Clara, Ca.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C Verano
Rich,

Is the track going to be huge like it was at the Nationals?

Chris
Hey Chris,

Not as large as the Nationals. Still a good size track. Hope you and Garen can make it - a large group is coming from Revelations. Brian Bodine and friends will be down from Washington. We are looking forward to some good, laid-back, kick A racing - Northern California style.

Rich
Old 06-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Hey Chris,

Not as large as the Nationals. Still a good size track. Hope you and Garen can make it - a large group is coming from Revelations. Brian Bodine and friends will be down from Washington. We are looking forward to some good, laid-back, kick A racing - Northern California style.

Rich
Rich,

I'm trying to get everything organized to come up. I'll do my best to make it. Will there be a decent amount of practice time on Saturday?

Chris
Old 06-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Chris,

We need to get three rounds of qualifying in (Saturday) - Practice/Sign-in will start Friday at 11:00 AM and run 'til 6:00 PM - RAMS members will need to be at the track around 8:00 (or earlier) for set-up. Saturday morning the track will open at 7:00 for open practice/sign-in 'til 10ish. Sign-in's will close at 9:00 AM Saturday - if you will be later than 9:00 I suggest calling in your entry - we'll enter you in the program. I'm only guessing, but, we'll probably start qualifying betwwen 10:30 and 11:00. RC Pro uses 10 minute qualiers - makes qualifying take a little longer. The primary goal is to be done with Q's by 5:00 - we'll work backwards from there to insure plenty of "track" time for all. Feel free to give me a call. 650-280-6095. Or, talk to Dremel Boy @ Ace

Rich
Old 06-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Chris,
I am dragging the trailer up to the RC Pro series this comming Thursday morning, so If you need me to haul your stuff up there there is plenty of room for EZ ups, tables etc. I will have power, Air compressor, etc. for my so cal hommies!! Let me know if I can help.

Brian Kinney 'BK'
Team Orion
Old 06-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

hey rich its Brian Thomas I was curious if they were going to run a sedan class or the outlaw class for the race next weekend sounds like A DUMB question but i know you guys don't run sedan much
Old 06-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This will be a great race.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mike jones
hey rich its Brian Thomas I was curious if they were going to run a sedan class or the outlaw class for the race next weekend sounds like A DUMB question but i know you guys don't run sedan much

Hey Brian,

Freelance just posted the entry form. There is a large number of 1/10 and Sedan racers in the SF Bay Area. All are welcome to enjoy the fun.

Last edited by Rich Browne; 06-24-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxwrench
Hey Chris,
I am dragging the trailer up to the RC Pro series this comming Thursday morning, so If you need me to haul your stuff up there there is plenty of room for EZ ups, tables etc. I will have power, Air compressor, etc. for my so cal hommies!! Let me know if I can help.

Brian Kinney 'BK'
Team Orion
Brian,

I appreciate the offer. I will keep this in mind. I was going to ship all my stuff but having someone take it up would be awesome.

Chris
Old 06-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oh... the hours are ticking away. I will be in tomorrow at 10am ready to light 'er up. I am goig to show you all how to spin Scott in a corner, pull off a great brake check on Jim and call out "channel 4" on Thello. I expect nothing less from the rest of ya!

I bolted on my Empire tank grip just for this race (insert should have had it on long ago). The 10 minute quals are going out of this world "fun".

Brian
Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Oh... the hours are ticking away. I will be in tomorrow at 10am ready to light 'er up. I am goig to show you all how to spin Scott in a corner, pull off a great brake check on Jim and call out "channel 4" on Thello. I expect nothing less from the rest of ya!

I bolted on my Empire tank grip just for this race (insert should have had it on long ago). The 10 minute quals are going out of this world "fun".

Brian

Brian,

I hope you packed the "heavy-weight" bodies - sounds like you'll be taking a pounding. Watch out for the RAMS "Monster of the Mid-Way", Matt Riddick, he's gettin' faster and he'll swap plastic with ya - RAMS style!

see ya in the AM
Rich
Old 06-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can ya check in my box of stuff I shipped for my Fender Mender?
Old 07-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Fun event. 80 entries, beautiful weather and lots of nitro in the air!

We had a great turn out from Southern California - they made the 5 hour drive, thanks guys. Washington State, 3 guys flew to the event (12 hours by car). Strong local showing.

Thanks to:

Steve Webster - RC Pro - Race Director and great guy
These four RAMS guys didn't even race - they just helped:
Ron Lau, RAMS - tireless, organizer
Mike Evert, RAMS annoucing
Tony Foskett, RAMS Tech
Bill Margolis, RAMS Tech

Special thanks to Billy "raffle" Twork and his girls - Sherri and Jessah for a great raffle.

Give aways from:
Futaba
Mugen
Kyosho
Ace Hobbies
Franciscan Hobbies

JR (Ace Hobbies) for the BBQ food and mobile hobby shop.

This was a terrific event - fun!

thanks gang.

Race results at the RAMS web site. Best race was the E main 1/8th - it was an amazing display of racing. One of the fastest and most interesting races ever.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Where's the 1/8th A main results?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Talking Great Race! Thanks RC Pro and RAMS!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to chime in really quick to say thanks for making my first out-of-town race really fun. I'm a newbie 1/8th scaler that started few months ago at Revelations Raceway so the bigger track was fun and challenging.

So here is my special thanks list to this very prepared group:

Dana S. (Revelations Raceway) helped with tires, advice and pit work! Thanks!

Rick and Dave S. helped me with all kinds of stuff and made the trip tons of fun!

John and Ruben told me to "stop pulling over for people!", "screw e'm!" and Ruben for the great qualifying pit work.

Werner for the words of encouragement!

RAMS for the super cool layout and event coordination!

RC Pro Series staff for great organization and fun event.

Quote for this race: "Getter Done!"

My bitch for this race: Due to hard T-bone in the first corner of the first lap, (light orange car sent me upside down! ) I went from 2nd to 9th in my main. I pushed back up to 3rd then ran out of gas pushing to hard. Still fun though!
So back to Revelations with a mean sunglass tan line and

Thanks Guys!

James

Other stats:
I measured the race line of the track on Saturday with a wheel tape and got 927 ft.
The straightaway race line measured 230ft.
Inside corner to inside corner of the straight measured 211ft.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default race

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Fun event. 80 entries, beautiful weather and lots of nitro in the air!

We had a great turn out from Southern California - they made the 5 hour drive, thanks guys. Washington State, 3 guys flew to the event (12 hours by car). Strong local showing.

Thanks to:

Steve Webster - RC Pro - Race Director and great guy
These four RAMS guys didn't even race - they just helped:
Ron Lau, RAMS - tireless, organizer
Mike Evert, RAMS annoucing
Tony Foskett, RAMS Tech
Bill Margolis, RAMS Tech

Special thanks to Billy "raffle" Twork and his girls - Sherri and Jessah for a great raffle.

Give aways from:
Futaba
Mugen
Kyosho
Ace Hobbies
Franciscan Hobbies

JR (Ace Hobbies) for the BBQ food and mobile hobby shop.

This was a terrific event - fun!

thanks gang.

Race results at the RAMS web site. Best race was the E main 1/8th - it was an amazing display of racing. One of the fastest and most interesting races ever.
glad to see it went well wish i could have made it couldnt get the time hope to get there for a race soon see ya RICH B

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.