2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Any news on where this event can be viewed live online for those of us who are stuck at home?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deebs
Any news on where this event can be viewed live online for those of us who are stuck at home?
+1 Hey Deebs
Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone get on the track before thursday????
Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have a question that hopefully somebody can answer regarding the cutting of holes in the body for cooling, and fueling.

Rule 5.15 covers this area.

It says that we can cut a hole up to 60mm in the front screen (windshield) as long as into doesnt go into the roof or bonnet (hood).

It says that we can cut another hole up to 50mm above the fuel cap and there must be at least 5mm between any of the openings.

We can cut another hole up to 35mm above the cooling head for glow plug access and it cannot be combine with any other hole.

Also we can make openings for the exhaust, transponder antenna carburetor access.

First, I don't see where we are allowed to cut out the rear window or the side windows? I can't imagine that is against the rules, but I don't see where its allowed.

2nd: If we are using a single hole for fueling/cooling that is partially in the roof and partially in the front windshield, it seems that 50mm is the max size allowed. Is that correct?

It does appear that we can cut two holes in the front. A hole up to 60mm can be cut as long as this hole is in the windshield only and doesn't go into the front hood or the roofline. It seems that a second hole up to 50mm can be put above the fuel cap and it can go into the windshield as well as the roofline as long there is 5mm distance between this opening and the front windshield opening. Is this correct?
So according to the rules all my bodies that I have that are ROAR legal "may not be" IFMAR legal because of the holes I cut? Back window can't be cut out? Front side windows can't be cut out?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default worlds

I would think not to get on the track before thursday.

you probably can use any bodies you want until qualifiers start I would wait to cut into any new bodies you painted.

Question? Is there any request granted to be split up from a buddy that is pitting for each other?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
I would think not to get on the track before thursday.

you probably can use any bodies you want until qualifiers start I would wait to cut into any new bodies you painted.

Question? Is there any request granted to be split up from a buddy that is pitting for each other?
I already cut the bodies but they are cut to Roar specs. They pass ROAR tech.

+1 on request to be split from a buddy for pitting purposes.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I already cut the bodies but they are cut to Roar specs. They pass ROAR tech.

+1 on request to be split from a buddy for pitting purposes.
To answer your pit question: Pit spaces are arranged by countries with one table for each member of a county's team. You can sit at any table tagged for your country.
See you soon,
Roger
Old 07-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default heats

the question was referring to heat set ups so we are not in the same time slot with the person we traveled with
Old 07-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
So according to the rules all my bodies that I have that are ROAR legal "may not be" IFMAR legal because of the holes I cut? Back window can't be cut out? Front side windows can't be cut out?
According to the rules right now, they wouldn't be legal. Keep in mind also the difference in the hole size for IFMAR and ROAR. Most of us ROAR racers use a single hole for cooling and fueling located above the tank. On most cars that single hole is partially in the roof and partially in the front windshield. Using ROAR rules, that hole can be a maximum of 60mm. IFMAR rules would be a max diameter of 50mm.

I suspect that they are going to allow cutting out the rear window (not sure about the side windows) but if you cut a 60mm hole above the tank you are going to have a problem.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default On Line Lap-timing

Hi, for the WC there is some on line lap-timing on the web?
Something like myrcm.ch/cz/rcslavkov/20100719_740325/EFRATC/index.html (European Championship 1/5) ??
Thanks
Claudio

PS sorry for my spaghetti english
Old 07-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

We can always count on LiveRC, with full stereo surround system too..
Old 07-21-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
the question was referring to heat set ups so we are not in the same time slot with the person we traveled with
Yeah what he said
Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So the window thing is final?

Since I can't find that rule being amended in the 100 revisions since this race, this is the winners car from 2008, full window cutouts and single fuel hole.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
So the window thing is final?

Since I can't find that rule being amended in the 100 revisions since this race, this is the winners car from 2008, full window cutouts and single fuel hole.

There is no rule against a single hole (50mm max dia) like shown in the picture you posted.

You spoke about not finding a rule being amended. Where is the rule that allows cutting out the rear window. The rule(s) I found listed a bunch of allowed openings and then stated those were the only allowed openings. The rear and side windows were not mentioned as allowed openings.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not trying to be a Jackass, but if I were you I would not worry about it as I'm sure you are not going to make the main anyway! Come on let's face the truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.