Community
Wiki Posts
Search

23 turn vs. 27 turn

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default 23 turn vs. 27 turn

If you were to run on a medium grip technical track and given the option to run a 23turn or a 27 turn what would you go for? hoping for your inputs...
Cuz until now im still wondering which would be a better motor cuz i've always felt that stock 23's are someone lacking in torque
Old 03-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shims
If you were to run on a medium grip technical track and given the option to run a 23turn or a 27 turn what would you go for? hoping for your inputs...
Cuz until now im still wondering which would be a better motor cuz i've always felt that stock 23's are someone lacking in torque
Most 23t's are better than a ROAR27 stock motor in every way. Lap times are generally 2-3 10;s faster than a US stock motor.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Most 23t's are better than a ROAR27 stock motor in every way. Lap times are generally 2-3 10;s faster than a US stock motor.
What motor would you recommend purchasing (23t) i havent had that much runs under 23 and most of the big co's im familiar in tuning dont carry the 23t platform. any setup recommendations? thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

well if u want to race get a 27turn motor, becuase most track from what i know dont race 23t in US. Which 23t Motor you say?? endless amounts.. I have been to Japan (i am japanese myself) and there are TONS of motors.. the war is probaly even stronger in Japan than here in the US with stock and 19t motors.. there are just so many to choose from.. just like trinity, p2k2 is for torque,roar for rpm, monster for good balance,.. each 23t has like 3+ different types of motors to suit your track.. and 23t are very torquey..
Old 03-20-2006, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

what about a 21T V.S. a 27T
Old 03-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
well if u want to race get a 27turn motor, becuase most track from what i know dont race 23t in US. Which 23t Motor you say?? endless amounts.. I have been to Japan (i am japanese myself) and there are TONS of motors.. the war is probaly even stronger in Japan than here in the US with stock and 19t motors.. there are just so many to choose from.. just like trinity, p2k2 is for torque,roar for rpm, monster for good balance,.. each 23t has like 3+ different types of motors to suit your track.. and 23t are very torquey..

What are your comments on the Team Atlas motors? i went around yesterday to check out whats available here in our area and i think these and the flatouts are the ones available. So 23t has a tendency to be geared up because of their torque? will check it out thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

How do you guys gear a Tamiya Super Stock RZ 23t in a Yokomo BD with a 64p 114spur on a med/large sized track with rubber tires any help would be greatly appreciated and what brushes would be good for these motors
Old 03-21-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

23Turns run better than 27turn.