Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi
Just want 3 hop-ups for the Pro :

1. Kawahara Graphite Upper Deck
2. Solid Rear Diff
3. Centre Bearing Block

Nothing else needed (expect for a victory speech )
where do you wnat to get them?
Old 11-12-2001, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ryan
Sorry, I was confused too since I saw it in my HS listed as 'Torque Sensing Ball Differential' - I guess that was an err on their part. Here is a picture of the diff I've been talking about.

The 'gear side' of the diffs essentially looks just like the stock rear diff on the car. I packed it with the Mugen #30,000 that came with the kit. On the other side there are two black pieces that look very similar to the shoes we have in the Centax clutch, in a "C" shape. Supposedly, it works just like the stock rear-diff, then when it hits a certain RPM, it locks up and works like a solid-rear. I can't easily make out Kawahara's directions, as they are in Japanese, and I'm still unsure of how/if it can be tuned. There are two small holes on the outside of the 'shoe' housing - but they don't appear to be threaded so I don't know if they are for stop-screws (which weren't included in the kit anyways). Wondering if anyone is more familiar with this device.

Oh, as for the Kawahara upper deck - I could've sworn it looked exactly like the one in the picture - didn't know they made two models. It was at Castle Hobbies in San Jose California.
Ryan the K deck is the old one at Castle. Same one I have. The battery on the new one is suppose to be sandwiched between the receiver and the tank for more centered weight distribution.

Did you lube the K clutch diff with anything? Do not use petroleum based oil to lube it.. It will swell the O-ring and tighten up the diff making it really notchy.

I already told Eric V. to tell Ron H to get English translations for all the Kawahara stuff. The 2 shoe clutch type 2 speed is also difficult to understand if you have never put together a Serpent one. PITA for most people.

Do you plan on coming up to Delta on the 11/18? A lot of the RC Tech/Daly City people plan on going. I would like to see how your car performs with the new rear end.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Just want 3 hop-ups for the Pro :

1. Kawahara Graphite Upper Deck
2. Solid Rear Diff
3. Centre Bearing Block

Nothing else needed (expect for a victory speech )
y Kawahara Graphite Deck? 5 stars deck is the best IMO...

y is there a need to use a hopup centre bearing block?
Old 11-12-2001, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by hurhur
just saw on the Kawahara site new stuff for the MTX2.
seems like derlin arms and suspension set. the hex adaptors seems longer too. made for a wider rear i guess.
Thank you Kawahara. About time for the Delrin suspension arms.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore

where do you wnat to get them?
Japan?
Old 11-12-2001, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Japan?
there are plenty of stores in USA keep kawahara stuffs. someone told me aussie stores keep them too !
Old 11-12-2001, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

So Moon you're a VIP at Perfect Garage? Can I use your name next time I'm there and get a discount. I bought so much stuff there I should get a discount. Hmmm maybe you where there last time I was there and I didn't know it. lol
Old 11-12-2001, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Thank you Kawahara. About time for the Delrin suspension arms.
did a translation with altavista..
its not delrin but nylon......sorry to dispoint u, Sydewynder
Old 11-12-2001, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

What's the URL Hurhur? The one I have does not list those items.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

y Kawahara Graphite Deck? 5 stars deck is the best IMO...

y is there a need to use a hopup centre bearing block?
0% flex.

My friend has constent problems with side belt falling off. Pulleys and belt were replaced numerous times (about 6 times!), problem kept occuring. Replaced centre block, problem fixed.

When you think about it, that centre bearing block plays a major role in supporting the upper deck and determining the overall flex of the car - thats just my opinion.

ace-hobbies is the place I'll most likely get them, there internation shipping charges are reasonable.

Moon - kawahara parts in australia??? where?

Just a FYI,

My friend ran the Kawahara foams last meet, I ran the Fast foams. Both had similar wear, with NO chunking. If anyone can grab hold of the FAST foams, do so. I've been an Arrows man all my life, but after one meet, have sold off all my Arrows. The WC 1/8th Mugen ran 37 Fast tyres F+R just out of interest.
Tech Master

So Moon you're a VIP at Perfect Garage? Can I use your name next time I'm there and get a discount. I bought so much stuff there I should get a discount. Hmmm maybe you where there last time I was there and I didn't know it. lol
Manticore is a VIP in HKG. Everywhere he goes, he gets discounts.
Maybe he is just too sexy!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manbik
What's the URL Hurhur? The one I have does not list those items.
http://www.j-net-c.com/kawahara/main.htm

click on the left frame..the icon with the date 01.11.12. click on the MTX2 link on the next page
Old 11-12-2001, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

did a translation with altavista..
its not delrin but nylon......sorry to dispoint u, Sydewynder

Old 11-12-2001, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

oh well, i know 90% of the shops in mongkok but i only shop 2 to 3 shops. I do purchase stuff at PG but i dont know if they give me nice discount.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

0% flex.

My friend has constent problems with side belt falling off. Pulleys and belt were replaced numerous times (about 6 times!), problem kept occuring. Replaced centre block, problem fixed.

When you think about it, that centre bearing block plays a major role in supporting the upper deck and determining the overall flex of the car - thats just my opinion.

ace-hobbies is the place I'll most likely get them, there internation shipping charges are reasonable.

Moon - kawahara parts in australia??? where?

Just a FYI,

My friend ran the Kawahara foams last meet, I ran the Fast foams. Both had similar wear, with NO chunking. If anyone can grab hold of the FAST foams, do so. I've been an Arrows man all my life, but after one meet, have sold off all my Arrows. The WC 1/8th Mugen ran 37 Fast tyres F+R just out of interest.
i've gorgot who told me so !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.