Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried putting the GTB in the Mx2?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M2_Driver
Yes, but I decided to stay with brushed for a little longer int he 1/12 scale. Z in Omaha has a brushless in his, but don't remember which controller.

I just picked up a new Tekin (Thanks Mr. Darkside, yes Eric sells them) and looks like an easier fit, but have not tried it yet.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Still working on the I-Fource. Car is really fast, and have it now so that it stays on the track with out traction roll. Still am getting build up on the tires but much later in the run. Car is great for the first 3min, almost putting a lap on the field this week. But as the fronts glaze over, 2nd place was able to catch me (CRC Gen10X), but save the win on the second to last corner as he went wide into the wall ..... maybe with a little help ..... Hey I had the inside line!!!

I'm going to try hard blacks, and use compound and see what that does this next week.

Any other toughts?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Well, The Darkside I-Fource just seems to be working for me. I won our last series race with the car in 200mm set up (won by 0.70seconds) as the race came down to the last main as we were tied up to that point. I was second, but the other racer was JUST BEHIND me. But hey, a win is a win.

This past weekend was the 14th Annual Hobby Town Classic and drew 120 entries, which in it self is pretty phenominal, but we have never had the pan car die out and this weekend had 9 cars. My newly completed 235 car, thanks to Mr. Darkside and Mick (Dekalz's) won concourse, TQ'd and won Pan Car. The class is open to any direct drive 1/12 or 1/10 with 6 cells or lipo in the 1/10 and 4 cell in the 1/12, but only a 10.5 or 19 turn brushless.

I'll post set ups for both the carpet 200mm car and pavement 235 car on the site in the next week or so. If you interested how fast this car was going, I had the 7th fastest qualification run including all cars with Modified Touring and Nitro touring. In the main, I backed of when I was getting ready to pass 2nd place but was on a faster pace than qualification, and could have been the fastest 5min car of the weekend.

Pictures to follow after I re-size them
Old 09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Here are pictures of my 200mm Darkside I-Fource. On our local track I've won the last sereis, leading the current and have re-set fastest lap a few times, so the set up is pretty good for this track. I'll be running at our new club track in Denver starting in October, it's larger and is a Jack Only track so traction should be more like other places.

The old car has almost the same set up as the new car. (Novak on Old, Tekin on new). Both cars use Darkside Caster blocks that are spaced in and I'm using the 2nd hole down from the top. This gives little or no camber gain when the suspension compresses. I am also using long king pins with oval type front springs. I'm using RC4Less spring all around the car to keep the setting simple. Fronts for the carpet are purple (outside car was green)

As you can see, I'm running the Orion Carbon pack which fits under the stock battery set up. I'm using a CRC ball stud #1407 that uses a flat head 4/40 screw to mount from the bottom. Counter sink the head and no clearance issues. You might also be able to see that I have added weight to the top of the battery. I also have added weight below in the battery cut outs. This is a little tricky, but once I have a better looking set up I'll post as well. You might also notice the weight on the tire protector on the old car. That's all the weight I needed to balance the car!!!

Center shock, I have gone to a larger shock for operation and spring options. Side shocks are the standard in the kit. With the RC4Less springs, I turn down the end, as the springs are really tight and hard to adjust. I use an o-ring behind the adjuster to keep if for moving during the race.

On the GT1, you can see how the front bumper is in front of the body. Darkside has a new bumper that will work with this type of body. I've run the prototype, so I know it is in production.

Rear axle is just as it comes in the kit. I do use the Darkside spur protector that he sells for the oval cars. Comes in handy!!!

I'll do a set up sheet later for both the 200mm and 235 cars.

Also, I am not sponsored by any company for anything. I've like how Eric's cars work for me so I've run them. Same thing for RC4Less. I'm running his tires on the car for price, compound choices and the color rims work with my paint!! He has a full like of king pins, shims, springs to go along with the shocks.
Attached Thumbnails DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-corvette-right-rctech.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-gt1-right-rctech.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-old-i-fource-chassis-rc-tech.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-new-i-fource-chassis-rc-tech.jpg  

Last edited by Grenade10; 09-26-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Still working on the I-Fource. Car is really fast, and have it now so that it stays on the track with out traction roll. Still am getting build up on the tires but much later in the run. Car is great for the first 3min, almost putting a lap on the field this week. But as the fronts glaze over, 2nd place was able to catch me (CRC Gen10X), but save the win on the second to last corner as he went wide into the wall ..... maybe with a little help ..... Hey I had the inside line!!!

I'm going to try hard blacks, and use compound and see what that does this next week.

Any other toughts?
I solved this with using Pink or Cream fronts and Tan rears. Fronts are glued on both edges and I use almost no traction compound.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Here is the 235 set up that I tq'd and won the 14th Annual Hobby Town Classic in Denver last weekend.

Car has been converted to 235 by using new front plates that Eric should have available by next week. I'm running the same parts as the 200mm but with softer springs in the front (greens). Tires for the main (what's on the photo) are Corally fronts - purple (softer than normall) and GRP Pink rears.

The car ran the same Orion Carbon lipo and a 10.5 Hacker brushless. I used Corally pinon gears based on how I got the wide axle in the car. If I had the left hub as Mick did, I would probably been able to use standards.

I'll get a set up sheet done and posted on the Darkside site in the next few weeks.

FYI - Avitar is the car with the body on after all racing this past weekend.
Attached Thumbnails DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-235-i-fource-001.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-235-i-fource-002.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-235-i-fource-003.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-235-i-fource-006-rctech.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-235-i-fource-004.jpg  

Old 09-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M2_Driver
I have a GTB 4 cell in my car, I made a "shelf" out of lexan that puts it at a slight angle above the rear link on the left side. I will get some pictures up in a couple days so you can see how it looks. Works pretty well, and much better than my previous set up which had the ESC in front of the link on the left side. That required too much weight to balance for my liking, so I switched it.

Testing of the new 1/12 should start within a month hopefully...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

On the brushless side, I have mounted a Tekin RS-Pro with a Tekin 17.5 in the car last evening. It really is about the same size as the G11 Pro that I had been runninng last year in the car. 90% on the chassis as you can see, but might not be able to use the Speed 8HD due to the height.

I'm going to also check the height on the Tekin RS and not the Pro, as I'm only going to be running 13.5 or 17.5 with this.
Attached Thumbnails DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-brushless-chassis-01.jpg   DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-brushless-chassis-002.jpg  
Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Here is a lousy pic of my brushless car. Still need to shorten some wires up.
Attached Thumbnails DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"-img00380.jpg  
Old 10-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

RC Dan, I've seen parts of the new I-Fource / Mx3 and I think that the brushless issue will be solved with this car. I am looking for a pod that puts the brushless where it needs to be, so I can remove some weight out of the car.

I'll be running 1/12 stock wednesday night, so we can see how it compaires to my brushed set up.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

RC Dan, I've seen parts of the new I-Fource / Mx3 and I think that the brushless issue will be solved with this car. I am looking for a pod that puts the brushless where it needs to be, so I can remove some weight out of the car.

I'll be running 1/12 stock wednesday night, so we can see how it compaires to my brushed set up.
I will be running 13.5/19T.... I played with the gearing yesterday with the 13.5, got it going a LOT faster. My setup looks goofy, but it seems to handle pretty well honestly, got it into the high 6's in the main. I really want to get the testing going so I can be ready for Cleveland with the Mx3.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

RC Dan, I've seen parts of the new I-Fource / Mx3 and I think that the brushless issue will be solved with this car.

Coming soon..............

-E
Old 10-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Eric,

Ive been running my 200mm car down here and have been very successful with it. How much different will the new car be? Im curious if I will need to get the new one for snowbirds or stick with the same one I have.

thanks
Mark
Old 10-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE

Coming soon..............

-E
I can't wait to see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.