Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

seriously. I don't know why EVERY manufacturer doesn't use plastic insersts. Especially with battery manufacturer's tendancy to make slightly different sized cells. If ROAR approves another 1mm change they could just release a new insert. I can't be the only one thinking this!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fantomcat
I just thought of a nifty idea ae should use. I like how yokomo has those little battery inserts in the slots so we dont have to file them to get them good. I was thinking AE should do this, but make it like the 12l4. I mean, most tc's now have the only 6 slots now, because that is the best position, and no one uses the other slot. If AE has it so that you can slide the battery back or forth a fraction of an inch, it would give a tuning edge to some people. just a thought. Mainly I just dont want to file stuff anymore.
I'm pretty sure the Schumacher Mission had something like this.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by factory racer
does anyone know the release date of this new TC??

Mike
No release date.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
seriously. I don't know why EVERY manufacturer doesn't use plastic insersts. Especially with battery manufacturer's tendancy to make slightly different sized cells. If ROAR approves another 1mm change they could just release a new insert. I can't be the only one thinking this!!!

yeah, I forgot to mention this also. its a pain in the butt trying to run 4200s in an xxx-s or a tc3 without modification. so, if you can buy a new slot, you dont have to risk ruining a battery slot.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know which belt car that can accept the Orion lipo without any modifications ?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
does anyone know which belt car that can accept the Orion lipo without any modifications ?
a T2 will
Old 07-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

i havnt read the whole thread but i can confirm that there will be a AE belt drive because i have spoke to Craig Dresher about it and he ran it in the REEDY Race
Old 07-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The T2 definitely will NOT. It requires major modification to its rear bulkhead. Orion is very close to releasing a new LiPo that's going to be VERY touring car friendly. Head over the Orion thread and read up on the last two pages to get some info.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by luke humphrey
i havnt read the whole thread but i can confirm that there will be a AE belt drive because i have spoke to Craig Dresher about it and he ran it in the REEDY Race
Old 07-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

RDX.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

So we know AE is working on the Belt car. How long does it take to ramp parts for one of these bad boyz once it is a go with the cars design? I would guess at least 6 months?????

I have looked high and low and I have not seen one spy shot with the body off. Just need to work on my patience. Maybe if I put a black belt on my FT TC4 I will relax a bit.............. Who am I kidding

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 07-13-2006, 08:12 PM
B&O
Tech Apprentice

Cyclone is another car that you can put Pl. Lipo without modification....
Old 07-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Not to be mean or anything, but this isn't the Orion Lipo thread. so, back to the belted ae.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Don't Hold Your Breath

Oh please! Why is everyone getting their pants in a bunch over a car that may not happen or may take another year to happen?

First of all, I'm sure everyone knows that AE is going through a transition as it phases in new management/ organization resulting from their sale to Thunder Tiger. So the belted tourer is not number one on their list of "To Dos" More like "How can they push more AE labeled Thunder Tiger product through its distributors"

Secondly, you guys are expecting a belted tourer from a company that still hasn't been able to put out a 4wheel offroader after so many years? Sure they have plenty of 1/18 mini 4WD mini-offroaders so why couldn't they have made 1/10 version?

Finally, go look at the Kyosho touring car thread. They've been debating about that car for the last 8 - 9 months, if not longer. Even if for some miracle that AE finalizes designs, you won't see it until next year. Figure about 2months tooling, 2months production and 2months shipping and customs. And it will sell for how much???????

Okay thats it. There's plenty of other product out there if you need a competition class level tourer. BTW this is NOT to bash AE. I'm glad they're still alive in the business and I look forward to their future product offerings.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

YR4Dude,
(First of all, I'm sure everyone knows that AE is going through a transition as it phases in new management/ organization resulting from their sale to Thunder Tiger. So the belted tourer is not number one on their list of "To Dos" More like "How can they push more AE labeled Thunder Tiger product through its distributors")

First, Thunder Tiger is not pushing out their product with AE name on it. I.E. GT2, thats not even close to anything they have. Its a fresh, new design for them that takes the GT to the next level.

(Secondly, you guys are expecting a belted tourer from a company that still hasn't been able to put out a 4wheel offroader after so many years? Sure they have plenty of 1/18 mini 4WD mini-offroaders so why couldn't they have made 1/10 version?)

Second, Let's see I don't recall any gas touring cars from Losi. (just so I dont get any hate PM's I have two Losi XXX-S cars)

(Finally, go look at the Kyosho touring car thread. They've been debating about that car for the last 8 - 9 months, if not longer. Even if for some miracle that AE finalizes designs, you won't see it until next year. Figure about 2months tooling, 2months production and 2months shipping and customs. And it will sell for how much???????)

Finally, Who cares speculation is fun. When ever they release it we will all be please (well maybe not all I'm sure they will be some that turn away).

(Okay thats it. There's plenty of other product out there if you need a competition class level tourer. BTW this is NOT to bash AE. I'm glad they're still alive in the business and I look forward to their future product offerings.)

Chad O

Sorry dont know how to use quotes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.