Search

BMI 1/12 conversion/car

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimXLB
Merciless/Tim:

Hi,

I will bring this up to Jason tomorrow when I talk with him. seems there more than a few who seem to want this option. I will ask him about doing it the way we talked about Sunday night.
earlier in this thread this was discussed in length.....somewhat. Wayne (sg1) should be the one to give the answers as it is his design. hopfully he will be on a little later tonight.

Thanks
I want at least two sets of lowered pod plates and I also know that my friend is going to be ordering a BMI 1/12th conversion for Vegas and he will be ordering two sets of lowered pod plates as well. So there are four more sets to add to the growing demand.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

SG1,

You gotz'a PM. Sorry for the delay. Worked 27 hours in the past 2 days with muscle and nerve damage in my right arm from electrocution. Fun stuff. If people at work don't stop calling me sparky, i'm gonna snap.

I didn't want to look at a computer much less use one.

Tim
Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

OK -- quick question.... I am running on a carpet track with Pink rear and Purple fronts.....as I let off the gass in a corrner the rear end snaps around. I have tried less D/R in the radio, less to no tire compound with the same results....any thoughts?
Old 06-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

post your setup.

most of the time you get that to happen when the front end has too much tracktion. it could be that the front is digging when you let off.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:57 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Tim,
Back at ya!!

Micro Racer,
Theisgroup is right, make sure the front end has atleast .020 or .022 springs and that they are the same length and don'r "sag" when the car sits. Depending on what manufacture's tires you run, the offset may be different for the rears and the width of the fronts vary. Make sure your rear track is wide as possible and you can super glue the edge of the fronts to prevent some tire "roll". I even go as far as narrowing the front tire .06" to make it smoother threw the turns. The center shock and t-bar might need to be looked at. Make sure the center shock can travel in both directions, so the piston doesn't bottom out when you pull back on the rear pod. A .072" to .075" t-bar would be a good starting point too. I never run the pink rears in stock, maybe try CRC magenta. Just a few things to look at...

Wayne
Old 06-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Wayne......will look at the above!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Micro_Racer - Make sure your rear tires are exactly the same size.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:19 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Anyone running 1/12 still??
Old 06-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Yep I'm still running 12th scale. My setup has changed slightly, now 40wt in the shock and red-stuff on the plates. The car is still easy to drive and smooth. I've got some tires coming in monday; purple/magenta, purple/gray and magenta/pink. The purple/granite combo that I was using worked well, but I'm sure the car can go faster with different tires. After a few months of practice the car is getting better and better. My packs are still working great and now dump like crazy, no more lap after lap slowing to a crawl. Still 4 ounces under weight, steel screws on the base of the chassis would fix that. Q? How should I adjust rear droop to gain some on-power steering?

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sg1
I'm getting much better with mine . . . Haven't seen Jason at Speedline lately . . . miss running 1/12th scale with him and Joe B.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:41 PM
RLS
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Wayne. I practiced with the three shock set-up and fresh 'big' tires all around. Car was great as long as I drove it at 80% but when I was 'pushing it' I couldn't keep it consistant. I tried a run with the batteries all the way forward and it wasn't bad but it seemed more sensitive to weight shift and definately didn't like being 'thrown' into a corner. I'm going to try the tubes for next week and hopefully race it. It's tough running two classes with a small turnout and I had my hands full with Dave's old Losi car this weekend.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Lynn, I should be out next sunday with you guys.......Im dying to run some onroad...see you guys then................Joe
Old 06-21-2005, 06:21 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

fatdoggy...
Set the length of the shock approx. 3/32" longer then what is needed. I usually set the car on the table with no front tires on and take the diff. out, so the chassis is flat on the table. Then adj. the ball cup ends so when the front cup is snapped on the rear cup is approx. 3/4 of a cup too far. Snap it on then and adj. the collar so it just touches the spring. Adjust tire diameter and ride hight adj. so you get your proper ride height and chassis rake. You don't want to add preload to the shock spring to get your ride height, your droop will be changed.
Rick,
With the side shocks, you may want to try more dampening. What oil did you try? On carpet I was at 50, I know Jason ran very heavy dampening in the washers when he ran them. You may want to try 80 or so and a heavier spring. Wolf makes a black spring that works well. I have some if you can't find them.

Wayne
Old 06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
RLS
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Rick,
With the side shocks, you may want to try more dampening. What oil did you try? On carpet I was at 50, I know Jason ran very heavy dampening in the washers when he ran them. You may want to try 80 or so and a heavier spring. Wolf makes a black spring that works well. I have some if you can't find them.

Wayne
Yes Wayne, I found the SG1 side shocks with supplied springs and 40 weight to not be nearly firm enough. I had put the T-plate tweak screws back in, set the tweak on the car, then popped the shocks back on and reset tweak. I knew I wouldn't want to race it that way but I wanted to feel how it would drive with the side shocks. Actually, I liked the feel even though the set-up wasn't dialed. I'm going to try the tubes next. I'll find those stiffer springs before I try running the shocks again. Thanks for the info!

Rick
Old 06-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Default LOWERED POD PLATES

Can i assume the only work thats been going on towards making these a reality is in my head ???

There seems to be a fair amount of interest in these , I was assured they'd be made, in what seems months later we still have no word on when you might get around to helping us guys out with some ?!?!?!

COME ON PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR CUSTOMERS WHILE WERE STILL OF A MIND TO SUPPORT YOU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.