Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is new at KT Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just wanted to let you know that we got in some of the Trinity Sedan bodies in both 190mm and 200mm. These bodies are created by Andy Jacobson of Andy's bodies fame.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone! Hope everything is going good for you. I just wanted to take a couple of seconds to mention some stuff.

1. We have put some of the Sorex Tires on sale.

2. We also have the Pit Shimizu tires on sale.

3. Now for the best one. We are currently offering free shipping in the continental U.S. on orders over $100.00 for a limited time. I encourage you to check out the website for the full details.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone. We just got in some stainless steel screw kits for the TC3 and the XXX-S. They come in this nice storage case that can be used for other things as well. I have taken a dremel polishing wheel to the heads of the screws and they were very bright. I will have pictures on line soon but don't wait, order your kit today!
Old 05-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone, just wanted to keep you up to date. The Putnam Brushes are back in stock and so are the Team 1 Hulk Dyno Tuned Motors. These motors are based on the Green Epic motors. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

It has been awhile so I thought I would let you know what is new.

1. The Yokomo Stratus bodies have arrived. They look pretty nice.

2. The Trinity asphalt bodies showed up and they were gone. They are on the way back in again so if you want one feel free to backorder one.

3. We now have brushes for the P94 motors and also the "E" brush for the stock motors.

4. Added the Trinity spring post tool.

5. We have added some more XXX-S parts and also rec'd items in that have been on backorder.

6. We have some of our Protoform bodies on sale. I invite you to come and check them out.

That is about it for right now. If you are looking for something particular that isn't on the website I can order it for you. Plus don't forget that orders over $100.00 will get free shipping in the U.S.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Hi gang; hope everything is going ok with you. I thought I would take a minute to keep you informed as to what is going on.

1. More XXX-S stuff. The graphite conversion kit is back in stock along with the 6-degree front hubs.

2. Trinity asphalt bodies are back in stock. I tell you what these bodies look really good both on and off the track.

3. Take-Off 27's are back in stock and at $12.95 a pair I am sure they won't last long. In fact all of our Take-Off tires are priced that.

4. Both the Pro-Match Serrator and Alignment jigs are back in stock. Perfect for restoring those serrations.

5. Don't forget if your order is over $100.00 you don't pay for shipping if you live in the U.S. Hawaii and Alaska orders will be handled on a case by case basis.

6. Don’t forget about Tribo. Mike Reedy used Tribo on every motor he tuned at the recent IFMAR Worlds held in South Africa. Hey if this stuff is good enough for the legend Mike Reedy then it must be good for you. I have tried and I will not run another heat or main without it.

7. Last but not least. Charlie B has come up with the idea of having a painting contest. This must be done on a lexan body but it can be any of your choice. We are supplying a new body of your choice if you are chosen the winner. Charlie is also kicking in some paint masks. If you haven't been following the custom painting thread you are missing some nice paint jobs!

If you want to get in on the action, submit your photo to [email protected] and I will take it from there. We have a special section on our website where you photo's will be posted. Your works of art will be judge independently and they will determine the winner.

If you have any questions email us [email protected] and we will answer them ASAP. Good luck to all the participants!

Last edited by Kraig; 06-08-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Well that didn't take long. I am sorry to say that all of the Trinity Asphalt bodies have been sold. Don't worry we are getting more in.

Thank you to all that have ordered them and they are on the way.

One last thing. We have a new brush hood alignment tool. This tool will allow you to do each brush individually and will work with the P94 Modified Motors. I will have them up on the website in the morning. The will sell for $14.95. One tool will do both types of brushes.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Just to let you know a couple of things.

1. The gallery of bodies is up on the page now. Stop by and check out the paint jobs. They are looking great. Also if you want to submit one please send an email with the picture attached to [email protected]. If you need to mail one to me that is not a problem either. Send it to the address below and I will take it from there.

KT Hobbies
Attn: Kraig O'Brien
1413 Linnerud Dr.
Sun Prairie, WI 53590

2. The alignment tools for the brush hoods are on the page as well. Remember you can do both the P94 and the upright and laydown brushes with this tool. You want to be able to align each brush with the com individually for proper wear.

3. The Sonic Fiddlestick is here. What the heck is a fiddlestick? It is a tool that will tell you what your spring tension is on the brush. It works great when setting up a new motor or rebuilding your existing motors.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

I wanted to show you guys what the brush hood alignment tool looks like and an example of the fiddle sticks.

This is the brush alignment tool.

This is the fiddle stick.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone just thought I would let you know what is going on.

The picture contest is over as far as sending in your entries. Now comes the tough part of picking out the bodies. It may take a couple of days to get it done but we will let you know.

The Trinity Stratus bodies for the pavement are back in stock. I had the chance to try one out this past weekend and I noticed the car had an increase in steering. I was using the Protoform Vauxhall before. So if you need that little extra in steering this might be what you are looking for.

We also have the Yokomo Stratus body in stock as well.

Putnam brushes are back in stock. These things sell almost as fast as the Tribo Com drops.

Yok thin inserts have now been added to our tire combo pages and are available separately as well.

We also have the Sorex 36R tires available and their inserts as well. This is the tire and insert that will be used at the ROAR nats coming up soon. If you plan on attending I would buy some before you go out there. You can use them for practice and use the ones you get from the organizer for just the qualifiers. No sense of using up your allotted race tires for practice.

We also have 3 different Yokomo Dish wheels available as well. We will be working those into our combo page soon. Right now it defaults to the YOKTW-0312 but if you want others just give me a call or send me an email after you order.

That should just about do it.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Kraig, so what's "in-stock" at KT Hobbies? Just kidding, I'll be placing an order tommorrow, thanks Kraig.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Proudwinner, almost everything is in stock. I just saw your post because I got new coke bottles to look through.

Just wanted to take a little bit of time and thank everyone again for making the painting contest so exciting!

While I am at it we have added a couple of things and here they are.

1. You like those cross 15 spoke wheels so much we added them to our line up. They are in the sedan wheels and they look really nice. They don't seem to flex a lot but enough so that it doesn't break.

2. Those wheels look really good when they are mounted up on some CS27's and CS32's. Yes we have the pre-mounted version of these tires.

3. If you noticed there is a section on there for TC3 parts. They should be in any day now and I will be updating that page shortly.

4. For those of you that are interested the Holden we have a limited quantity coming in. No they are not on the website yet but they will be tomorrow sometime. We will also be getting in the falcon as well.

We will have some other stuff up soon. I am just waiting for it to arrive. I would hate to spill the beans too soon.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone! Hope everything is going good. Just wanted to let you know what is happening in case you haven't looked lately.

1. We have some Panasonic Ultra Metal Hydride batteries in stock. We created a special page for them under batteries.

2. We also have some mod motors in from Fantom. We have a few 10x2 and 9x2 with the new yok cans. We are still waiting on the 8x2's.

3. We also have the Holden and Falcon bodies from Frewer. There is a limited quantity on these bodies.

4. Ti-Racing has knocked our doors down. Not only do we have the screw kits but we also have the ball studs. You can find them under the screw kits.

5. We have put our selection of Pit Shimizu tires on sale for $10.49 for the rest of the month.

6. TC3 parts are coming through the door. Check out the entire listing on the TC3 page.

I think that is about it for now. I will keep you informed of anything and everything that is new. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be closed July 25th thru July 29th. We will be attending the nats in Denver and I hope to have daily reports. You can still order on-line and we will ship it as soon as we get back. Thank you for understanding.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Hello everyone! I am slowly recovering from the nats. What a great weekend Team 1 had. Yours truely was there to tune motors for the team drivers. We ended up taking the TQ in 1/12th scale and the win with Scotty Ernst behind the wheel and also supplied Billy Bowerman with a motor for 1/12th scale and he finished 5th.

I have to give credit to Michael Bruce, he drove one heck of a race in all 3 mains.

In 19 turn both Scotty and Brian Lutz made the show finishing 4th and 8th respecitively.

In stock we had one driver, Brad Johnson end up with the same points for the 10th spot along with 2 other drivers. The tie-breakers where his undoing but he did finish 3rd in the B. Scotty once again put his car in the show and ended up finishing 7th. That guy is an ironman.

Now on with the good stuff. While we were away we received in some of the Jaco Nitro Shoes for the Nitro Sedan's. There are multiple shore ratings and multiple off-set's to choose from.

We also got in some of the foams for the sedans as well such as the purples, double purples.

This month we have decided to give away 1 Team Associated Hauler Bag. This is the new one that they have released, sp-416. The value for this is $35.00. This prize is only available to U.S. residences only. International customers will be awarded a $35.00 credit for store merchandise.

Don't forget we have the Yokomo Stratus bodies and their thin inserts in stock. We also have parts for the TC3 and the XXX-S and more coming soon.

If you find an error when trying to order a part and you report it you will receive a 10% discount on that part that you are trying to order.

Kraig

Last edited by Kraig; 08-01-2002 at 11:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.