your WTF moments in RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The underlined, emboldened part made me my face look like -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC8racer [View]

So i emailed [unnamed RC company] about the problem and the responce i got was "for your trouble we will send 2 brand new gen 4 tanks at no cost" and no questions asked, i did not even have to send the old ones in, just told them my story and they are sending not 1 tank but 2 brand new tanks!!
Thats best customer service i have ever had!!!

On the same topic, another racer had 18 broken tanks. WTF! I think I would retrofit another tank that doesn't blow apart after like 3 or 4.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

longtime ago when I first started racing Nitro touring.
new to me car with a almost new black body
problem is we raced on black asphalt.
at night.
younger with better eyesight then, so for me it wasn't an issue.
was more of a problem for everyone else.
inside of turn 1 after a long straight, 1st thru 5th bearing down on me. guy in the lead sees me at the last sec and swerves causing all 5 cars to pile up. lots of swearing and name calling just not at me since noone else saw my car.
it wasn't until later that night when the video was reviewed in the shop to see whos fault it really was that I got into trouble, heard everyone scream my name from the parking lot.
following week I was given the total of damage I caused and politely asked never to run that body again.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:28 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wtf indeed, u should race w/those clowns. tell em to get infared goggles or somethin

R
Old 12-12-2008, 02:26 PM
am
Tech Master

My WTF story:

At the worlds in Sweden, while sat and watched the finals, ( screwed up and erly out) we sat and drank bier and i was to open a new bottle. It opened with a BIG BANG, and i mean BIG.i thought the bottle exploded in my hand.

But the person in front of me almoast crapped his pants, looked quite angry/frightened and i thought well here it comes......but he did not say anything, .... It was Chad Bradley.. LOL
Old 12-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

my new wtf moment

i was driving my new crt.5 it has a o.s. 21 tz in it right now and does the meanest wheelis on my road. i was just tunning it and speed runs down my road. i see my car is missing a wheel. im like thats not good. stopped it and jogged over. looked all over my road cant find it any where. 2 days going down my road in my truck. there is a little yellow rim in the grass, probably 380 feet or so from my road. dang that was far. lol thats my new one.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

... having a dream that Mugen MBX6's were on sale dirt cheap and there was a long morning "black friday" type line, and then someone tried to slang me an mbx6 that he had in his car, and when we got there it was an MBX5R

I was pissed, and then woke up, and then realized WTF why am i having detailed dreams about RC. too addicted to this stuff
Old 12-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phixd
... having a dream that Mugen MBX6's were on sale dirt cheap and there was a long morning "black friday" type line, and then someone tried to slang me an mbx6 that he had in his car, and when we got there it was an MBX5R

I was pissed, and then woke up, and then realized WTF why am i having detailed dreams about RC. too addicted to this stuff
lol thats funny
Old 12-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ummm...Spending all week getting everthing ready...Forgettin to charge my reciver pack...Dumbassedness!
Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

My wtf moment:

Was charging my older receiver pack. Left the room and my girlfriend yelled for me 5 minutes later. Came to the room with the pack smoking and sizzling. I ran the car outside to the hallway when one of the cells exploded and another two fell to the ground. People from the hallway in the dorms came out to see what happened. I told them to go back in the rooms and in the process the other two blew up like shot gun shells were going off. Luckily I managed to toss the car into the grass outside the window. Burnt a hole in the carpet and got fined for having combustibles (fuel) in the dorm. It was great!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So its the A-main for 4wd mod buggy at the Canadian off road champs series and I've just finished changing the brushes on my Orion motor in preparation for the main. I walk over to pit lane lift up the body and flip the car on. I walk up the stairs onto the driver's stand and look down then pull the trigger and the car goes backwards! The guy next to me looks at me and says, "uhhh, dude reverse is illegal". I just give him the shifty eyes and run off back down the stairs as quick as I can (only like 1 minute before the start of the race), grab the car and hide under the stairs while I frantically rip the body off and put the wires back in their proper place! (Orion OJ V2 motor, has 3.5mm banana plugs built into the end bell and when the motor is installed upside down + and - get reversed)

The worst thing is I've done this at other CORCS events in other classes at least twice with soldered on motor wires and a few times at club races as well, hahahaha.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamminnay
lol well $80 is alot of parts unless you run a kyosho!!! jk jk
hahaha that is funny
Old 12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

This past summer I was running three classes at a nearby track that was hosting a three day event and I goofed up real bad! On Sunday, Mains day, I forgot to change the channel on my transmitter from the buggy to the truggy! I did my tests for breaks, throttle and steering before starting but for some reason when I fired up the truggy, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it was freakin' scary! I putter on the ground trying to step on it and GONE!

I took off as fast as I could and caught it after it hit a fence post, flipped over and revved full tilt for about three-four seconds! But as luck would have it, I figured out what happened, got back to pit lane and fired her back up! I finished third in the A-Main!

Regards,
Lawrence "Budz" McCorrister
Old 12-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

about 2 months ago i went to nitropit in arizona to run with a couple buds. prepared my d8's that week to go racing that saturday morning. got all my stuff packed up and ready to go.

drove 3 1/2 hours to nitro pit, got all my stuff out of the car and setup at the pits.

come to find out after about 5 mins at the track.

I FORGOT MY RADIO AT HOME!

totally sucked, luckily someone had a spare spektrum dx2 in there box.

binded my receivers to the radio, set my endpoints and raced that day.

man it was weird using that remote, but still had a great time.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default First RC Car

Caught up with few mates to hit his backyard track and have a bit of a giggle. After 3 or 4 tanks of giggles, coming around the 90 right hander onto the straight, a little bit pare shapped and botched the jump. Ran over and flipped the truck back over and started walking back to the bench we where standing on to control the truck, whilst still driving. Unfortunately, as I came around the same last corner, I'm still walking along the edge of the track towards the stand, messed the corner up and suddenly my own truck is flying through the air at crotch height. Fortunately, I managed to get my leg in the way before I got hit by my flying rig. I ended up with a broken A-arm on the rig, a badly bruised knee and my mates laughing their A$$' off at me having tried to kill myself with my own car. Miserable buggers still give me grief about that mistake. Also have had the end pop off the diff oil bottle as I think everyone has been caught by.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Rookie

After being pushed off track and my Jammin ran into a pole (wich shouldnt have been there)

Yes, the screws, axle and carbon-fibre plate were cut right off...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.