Community
Wiki Posts
Search

good motor ... ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default good motor ... ?

Is this motor good for racing http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...roduit=01003-E ... ? cause I need something that is fast, long lasting, and easy to tune !!

thank you

Last edited by r/c boy; 12-19-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

ye thats not bad ,but most people on the track if they had to choose rb would probably get the c5 or the ws7 so for racing it might be ok
Old 12-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

It depends if you are racing or bashing.If you are bashing its good and if your racing and your track is small it's ok.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's a decent engine, but an overall weak power band. On just about any track, the WS5's will pull harder off the line and into midrange then the Eco, and once you get rolling, the WS7's will pull harder. I would go ahead and spring for an S5, just because it is a much better motor, is only about 50 dollars more (on average), and if you need more top, just run a top end pipe.

Also, check out the JP engines. I run on a tight track with an FX .21 B5-N, and it pulls harder through the corners than all the others except the OS V-Spec. JP motors are also very affordable (when you look at the life span of a quality engine), and last through about 6-7 gallons before needing a pinch. I have about 3 gallons through mine, and when it is installed in the buggy, I can't turn the flywheel with my finger easily at all.

Just my .02!
Old 12-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

I will have to agree with Savage here. Spend the extra 50 bucks and get the S5 if an Rb is what you want. You could also look at the Collari B3 & the Nova 3 port. They are all in the same price range.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

If you don't really care what brand you get, get a Collari B3 or Nova 3 port.They both run really well and are very affordable.So just do what SpeedBump said.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Rookie

what is the RB S5 like, does it have more bottom then top or vise versa , and does it last a while ?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

IMO I would say the RB S5 is a very well balanced engine. It has good top & bottom and is a great short track engine that when taken care of last a long time. The next one it line would be the S7II. It has about the same bottom but has a little better mid to top. The S7II is a very smooth engine and very easy to drive fast, it is one of my favorites as was the old WS7 which is pretty much the same engine. From there you go to the WS7III which is a lot of engine for most tracks. If you can put the power to the ground there aren’t too many better engines.

Bump