Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default lipo fitment

Heya, do lipo packs fit into this car without modification or upgrades?

cheers
Old 12-07-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

running with Orion 3600/3800 with the plastic battery tray. fits fine. just need to peel part of the top decal off since it snags with the bulkhead. otherwise, it fits fine.

i've seen a few running SMC 4000 packs and Orion 4900 packs back here... i don't think they use the plastic trays though.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

hey guys i need to order some axles for my car. tower is currently out of the HD 44mm front axles...but they have the rear ones. What is the difference between the front and the rear axles i assumed they were the same.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Good run with the car yesterday. We tested a few things throughout the day and the car got better and better. Scotty and I were testing with two different chassis. The BMI and the stock HB cyclone 2mm chassis. Both cars were fast. Scotty was a bit faster but I'm going to give the driver the nod on this one. We also ran two different set up's. He had a spool and I ran a oneway. The next time out I'll be running a spool. In traffic I could have used some breaks and possibly gone deeper into the corners. Oh well....had a blast and can't wait for the next time out.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

is anybody using the chassis stiffeners?
Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
hey guys i need to order some axles for my car. tower is currently out of the HD 44mm front axles...but they have the rear ones. What is the difference between the front and the rear axles i assumed they were the same.
The front axles fit all around and so do the rears, the only difference is the shaft is larger on the front axles.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have sold all my X-Ray equipment and am seriously considering making a switch to a Cyclone and hoped that some of you Cyclone owners would be willing to answer a few questions for me. Some (or all) of this may be addressed in the other 14,667 posts, but I just don't have the time or energy to wade through all of them. OK, here it goes. My LHS doens't currently stock Cyclone parts, although he can get Hot Bodies products and I will likely have him order everything to get me started and hopefully talk him into eventually stocking a few consumables for the car. I have looked on HB's website as well as Stormer Hobbies. HB apparently doesn't list all of the parts that are actually available on their website. I don't find a sway bar kit, but on Stormer's site I find a complete kit for the Cyclone S, will these work on the Cyclone TC? Stormer does list a complete set of springs. Are these all the springs that I might potentially need for asphalt and/or rubber tire carpet racing? I think some run HPI springs sometimes?? I have read that the hinge pins tend to break and should be replaced with Titanium ones. Again, I find these for the "S", but not for the "TC". Will these interchange? If and when I decide to order the car, I plan to order everything that I could possibly need for tuning the car, from springs, to pivot blocks, to sway bars, etc..... and a good assortment of spares (arms, c hubs, steering knuckles, etc...) I tend to like to do things first class right from the start, so do you guys have any other suggestions for add-ons? I see an option for purple Titanium links, are the stock ones in the kit not Ti? Does anyone happen to know if the Platinum Edition Orion 5000 lipo will fit without too much modification? How do you guys secure your lipos in the chassis? Sorry for the flood of questions, just trying to inform myself as well as possible before making the final decision. Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Zach
Old 12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

platinium 5000 fits fine... no mods needed.
i use tape for the lipos, and i have a spare body post screwed in the centerline (you ll understand when you will have the car) to prevent the pack from moving and hitting the spur in a crash.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Couple things to think about. Pick up a set of 1.1mm 3 hole shock pistons made a large difference in my handling. You can use springs from alot of different manufacturers, if you have anything left over from the xray you can use them but to get started you can go with the Pro4 spring kit although you wont use much over the white springs.

For parts you can also look at speedtechrc, amainhobbies, and tower
Old 12-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zdiddy
Hey guys, I have sold all my X-Ray equipment and am seriously considering making a switch to a Cyclone and hoped that some of you Cyclone owners would be willing to answer a few questions for me. Some (or all) of this may be addressed in the other 14,667 posts, but I just don't have the time or energy to wade through all of them. OK, here it goes. My LHS doens't currently stock Cyclone parts, although he can get Hot Bodies products and I will likely have him order everything to get me started and hopefully talk him into eventually stocking a few consumables for the car. I have looked on HB's website as well as Stormer Hobbies. HB apparently doesn't list all of the parts that are actually available on their website. I don't find a sway bar kit, but on Stormer's site I find a complete kit for the Cyclone S, will these work on the Cyclone TC? Stormer does list a complete set of springs. Are these all the springs that I might potentially need for asphalt and/or rubber tire carpet racing? I think some run HPI springs sometimes?? I have read that the hinge pins tend to break and should be replaced with Titanium ones. Again, I find these for the "S", but not for the "TC". Will these interchange? If and when I decide to order the car, I plan to order everything that I could possibly need for tuning the car, from springs, to pivot blocks, to sway bars, etc..... and a good assortment of spares (arms, c hubs, steering knuckles, etc...) I tend to like to do things first class right from the start, so do you guys have any other suggestions for add-ons? I see an option for purple Titanium links, are the stock ones in the kit not Ti? Does anyone happen to know if the Platinum Edition Orion 5000 lipo will fit without too much modification? How do you guys secure your lipos in the chassis? Sorry for the flood of questions, just trying to inform myself as well as possible before making the final decision. Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Zach
the sways for the cyclone s should be the same as the ones for regular cyclones. all the parts are interchangeable from cyclone s to cyclone tc which is really convinent so those parts you see for the s should work on any other cyclone.

springs, couldnt tell ya, i drift.

as far as spares go, a couple of key spares to have will be c hubs, arms, and pulleys.

you should be able to use a 5000 lipo on your car. i run trakpower 4900lipos on my cyclones with no modification (cf chassis) the plastic tub is a little bit tighter fit because of the raised side edge. as far as securing the battery, i use strapping tape on one, the other one is getting a battery brace off of an xray which can be modified for use on a cyclone, although this requires you drilling your chassis to install it. another option is the 3racing straps, which also require drilling and dont go on as cleanly as the xray strap.

also, if you can find one, you may want to consider the WCE cyclone, because it comes with all the titanium elements.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Zdiddy;5138829] complete set of springs. Are these all the springs that I might potentially need for asphalt and/or rubber tire carpet racing? I think some run HPI springs sometimes??

The HPI spring set is all you should need, you'll find the length is just right.

when I decide to order the car, I plan to order everything that I could possibly need for tuning the car, from springs, to pivot blocks, to sway bars, etc..... and a good assortment of spares (arms, c hubs, steering knuckles, etc...) I tend to like to do things first class right from the start, so do you guys have any other suggestions for add-ons? /QUOTE]

Get aluminum steering knuckles and titanium ball studs right from the start.
If you run anything more then stock get aluminum pro spec out drives, your diffs will last a long long time with them.

Look at RC Market, they have all the right stuff for my Cyclone almost all the time.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

if you're getting the TC, the outer hinge pins tend to break easily (at least in my experience)... get the gold/titanium coated ones already. also the arms... go for the WC ones...
Old 12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Um do you mean the inner hinge pins? I have never broken an outter one.

If thats what you are talking about, they dont break but they can get bent easily if you crash hard a lot (which then seriously effects the handling).

Also in my opinion the titanium coated ones are not worth getting. They are no harder just meant to be smoother. If you gently ream out the arm with a drill bit you should be able to get the arm to pivot smoothly on the hinge pin anyway.

But ultimately the best thing i have is a p-dub bumper which helps to protect the suspension more because it is wider than the stock bumper.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies guys. Keep them coming. I'm not finding a P Dub bumper specifically for the Cyclone. Are you guys just using the generic TC bumper that they offer?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

also fyi, to get more clearance for batteries you can grind out the piece oppoiste the motor mount to fit taller batts in there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.