Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Advantage racing tires (DLD)

Has anyone tried out these tire brand?
Any reviews??
Old 11-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Advantage tires are great, we have been running the Hat Tricks in super soft quite a bit and they have worked well at several tracks. The Moon Shots and Hole Shots also work well. We haven't ran the Block Passes yet but will be soon, I know a lot of people really like the Block Pass tires.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

And you run the super soft???
How is the Wear on these tires?
I was thinking of getting the hard compound since they directly to this from soft and i prefer medium compounds.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

DLD tires is my tire of choice...i have the moonshots, hat tricks, and the ZZ's in soft and super soft...the moonshot is a better version of the proline bow tie, and the hat trick is a more stable version of the crimefighter, jolly, K2...i really highly recomend these tires, you will be very happy...
Old 11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

NOW IF DLD WOULD JUST START MAKING TIRES FOR TRUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

What are the wear characteristics of the hat trick compared to K2 and crimefighters?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sooo.... Everyone who's tried the tires seem to like them a lot based on the responses here...

If I where so inclined to try Advantage wheels and tires, where might I obtain their products online for the best prices?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel
Sooo.... Everyone who's tried the tires seem to like them a lot based on the responses here...

If I where so inclined to try Advantage wheels and tires, where might I obtain their products online for the best prices?

Actually, there're only two guys who've tried them and liked them. FWIW, a local racer, Slim, here in Chicago was sponsored by Advantage and he dropped them because they didn't perform as well as other tires at our tracks. He said the rims stripped out easily also. I don't know personally so take that as you will. I do, however trust Gasser/Troy Weatherholt's opinion.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
NOW IF DLD WOULD JUST START MAKING TIRES FOR TRUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that would be awesome!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vti-chris
What are the wear characteristics of the hat trick compared to K2 and crimefighters?
i find the wear to be less aggressive then the crimefighters, but about the same as the K2...
Old 11-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel

i order all of my DLD tires from amain, $16.99 per/pr for all there tires and compounds...
Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had good luck with their wheels and some guys at the local track are having good luck with their tires. Does anyone know if they will be coming out with a tire close to a Pro-Line Holeshot?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tubehead
I've had good luck with their wheels and some guys at the local track are having good luck with their tires. Does anyone know if they will be coming out with a tire close to a Pro-Line Holeshot?
yes there is 2 new tires on the way soon...one of them is similar to the holeshot...here is a link to there website http://www.advantageracingproducts.com/18buggytires.htm...
Old 11-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

here is a pm i just got today...

Originally Posted by shady3031
Just wanted to let you know i ordered a set of the Hat tricks from Amain and they worked amazingly well. Everyone in my qualifying heats wanted to know what tire i was running. had atleast ten people come by my pit table that wanted the low down on the Advantage tires. I will definately have a few sets in the tire bag next season. If you want to forward me your DLD team leader's email i will be more than happy to dropp him a line and tell them how helpful your info was in promoting their product. Thanks again--also i was talking to one of the guys at the track and he believes you are the one who bought his used Mugen MBX5R a month or so ago-what a small world it is. Good luck racing and thanks again for the help!!!!!!!!!

Jason
Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes, the tires were great--The track was red clay with some sand mixed in. Really hard pack and the sand made it slick, and the DLD Advantage Hat trick were hooked up, much better than Bowtie M2, M3,K2's, Cubics among others. Definately worth the money--Amain stocks them and gets them out in a hurry. Thanks again to Jason Halvorson for all the info--an asset to the rc community.

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.