Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Truggies the rest of the 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah man that just tells me your a good driver.The guy's who cartwheel and hit stuff on the track are tearing those losi's up quick.My x2 never broke any arm's or anything except alot of body's when i was working on me driving skills.And that trugg took alot of hard hits.Your right i might have mojoed myself with all this talk about breaking stuff.So on that note i will say know moreMay all of our stuff stay tight and together
Old 07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Wow I can't beleive I'm hearing all this smack on the losi :0 9 gallons in and iv been threw 2 pinnions and a ring gear lol n that was running 28s n 25s, Whoever says there breaking losi's everytime they drive must really suk n should maybe think about a different hobby, like flying kites that's pretty easy. I'm tuff on my trucks my Old strr n Tamiya would break every single time I drove, my associated wasn't as bad but broke. My losi has been nothing but reliable. I did bore out the rear hubs n front hubs for bigger bearings but that's about it for mods. That's really strange to hear about losi's breaking.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

from the losi stuff i have seen they seem pretty strong.. i pop my mbx6t arms faster than a 8t does... but they seem to get slopy fast.. but they still trun nice even with a ton of slop.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't care what anyone says, Losi trucks are DAMN TOUGH! I've put mine through some serious torture and it keeps coming back for more. As for slop, losi's are faster when they're loose.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I don't care what anyone says, Losi trucks are DAMN TOUGH! I've put mine through some serious torture and it keeps coming back for more. As for slop, losi's are faster when they're loose.
+1
Old 07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Caster does not just do silly changes when there is a new product announced like someone mentioned about some of the other brands. Our products are usually very different, but we try our best to be able to retrofit forwards and backwards depending on the year.

VNMSGT can elaborate on all the changes, but I know it is longer and the gears and several other items have been upgraded and there are even more pro parts on it right out of the box.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I do thi the losi's do like a little extra movement in their parts. Be careful if you try to take too much of it out it will bite you. All I have really driven is a str and then t losi. 1.0 and then 2.0. I got a smoking deal on the 1.0 and I liked it so much I think I had the 1st 2.0 truggy at my track. Everyone made fun of the body. I actually liked it and now even the new buggy bodies look like it. Go figure.

Ohh yea BTW I'm an ok driver IDK about good but I'll stick with ok.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Damm guy's i'm not dogin losi i happen to like them. I think the rc8 is most likely the worst of them all.I had my buddy come to the track to try to dial in his truggy's.He was having some steering issue's with all 10 of his truggy's 4 of which were rc8's and he has some mugen's and xray's .But during his test and tune session he broke all 4 of the rc8's i couldn't beleive it i told myself i would never buy that crap.Xray/mugen/losi allgood stuff.Those losi's i was talking about were probley put together wrong and just fell apart.I see so many people put kits together so ass backwards it's stupit.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Well I'm not defending my RC8T... I like it... but I've had problem after problem with it.... I like the feel of the truck but its been anything but dependable. I just came back to the hobby so my driving isnt that great. However I do live by the slow is fast motto! I roll jumps if I'm loose and I'm rarely on my lid. I've loctited everything I can think of and yet it still seems to fall apart or break within 2 tanks every track day.... I run with a Mugen and a Losi and I am yet to see either break once in 2 months racing 2 times a week. And they're more experienced guys running alot harder than me. If I had it to do over I think I would have bought the Losi or Mugen. Not for driving feel but just for dependability. Im getting really frustrated with this thing....
Old 07-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Well I'm not defending my RC8T... I like it... but I've had problem after problem with it.... I like the feel of the truck but its been anything but dependable. I just came back to the hobby so my driving isnt that great. However I do live by the slow is fast motto! I roll jumps if I'm loose and I'm rarely on my lid. I've loctited everything I can think of and yet it still seems to fall apart or break within 2 tanks every track day.... I run with a Mugen and a Losi and I am yet to see either break once in 2 months racing 2 times a week. And they're more experienced guys running alot harder than me. If I had it to do over I think I would have bought the Losi or Mugen. Not for driving feel but just for dependability. Im getting really frustrated with this thing....
You forgot to mention that you bought the RTR version. It has been said a thousand times. It is cheaper to buy the kit version in the long haul.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaywax
You forgot to mention that you bought the RTR version. It has been said a thousand times. It is cheaper to buy the kit version in the long haul.
Ya big difference from race roller to rtr.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Not to argue with you Jay but most of my friends have bought RTR's and AE guys are the only ones having problems with them.... (for the most part)

Again, I like my truck no need to defend your brand. It's mine too. But the AE's aren't holding up like the Losi's or Ofna's even, in the group I'm running with.(JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!)

That being said I was on RC tech for about 3 weeks before I purchased mine asking people what I should do. If its been said a thousand times as you say I don't know why people were telling me it would be a good truck to start with? I had one person tell me the Losi was a better option for what you got with the RTR. At the time I didn't think I could afford the extra $150 bucks but since I've found it much cheaper. Not once in those 3 weeks did someone say "buy a kit or you'll regret it"

To clarify tho. He's right I did buy the RTR version cause I didn't have the gear to get going without it. I can't speak for the FT or CE cause I have no experience with them. I guess I assumed the quality would carry over to whatever product they produced. As I said before if I had to do it over again I would have bought the Losi, Mugen, "OR" the CE version of my truck as I do like the way it feels, and would be much more dependable if I had built it myself(I believe) I just wanted to tell people my experience so that no one else ended up the same way I felt about it. I'm not trying to bash brands or start fights by any means. I just wish someone had told me before I bought mine. Not just said well there's your problem after the fact.

There is a lot of brand loyalty floating around on the forums and I don't think people get the truth as much as they should. To all that have helped me I really appreciate it. To all the AE guys... I still like AE! Just speaking the truth according to my circumstances and I try to get it on several threads because I didn't see any posts suggesting the Kits or Rollers over the RTR's when I started. And I spent a bunch of time searching and trying to make an educated decision. I know I left the CE out of that last post on this thread but I included it on several other similar threads. Hope I didn't strike any nerves in there. It's not my intention to make anyone mad. I'm a friendly guy. (Good 'ol country boy)

ALL THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION! Based on my experiences. Others may have different results!

Last edited by Do-Over; 07-13-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

the 8ight-t 2.0 RTR is a pretty good setup.. yes the shocks are not as good and the aluminum is just stamped, and the servos migh tnot be up to the task... but it dont fall apart

is the RC8T RTR not even close to what the kit is?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fallguy
the 8ight-t 2.0 RTR is a pretty good setup.. yes the shocks are not as good and the aluminum is just stamped, and the servos migh tnot be up to the task... but it dont fall apart

is the RC8T RTR not even close to what the kit is?

I have the kit and my buddy has the RTR..I can honestly say that from my experience, the kit is tough as nails for the most part, and the RTR seems tough as well. They both handles great.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

I love the way they handle I really do. And I have drove other truggies! I think I may have just got unlucky.......

I don't know!

As far as how close it is to the Kit its not very.... Composite shocks, Alot more plastic everywhere, Stamped towers, really flexible chassis(different from CE). If I had known more about the terminology I would have known better but I didn't. I saw "big bore shocks" not that they were composite with plastic preload spacers, I saw alum. towers. not stamped alum. several things like that were misleading to me because I just plain didn't know. I thought I had the basics down but it wasn't until I got the truck and really started comparing things that I realized the difference. You live and learn I guess! I know now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.