Wiki Posts
Search

NT1 '09, MTX4R, Serpent 733.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default NT1 '09, MTX4R, Serpent 733.

Hi,

Im currently running electric, but planning to jump on nitro's.
And been saving money to buy one of these kit.
But I cant choose from the three cars above.

Can you give me your thoughts about these cars please?
I want to use the car for race not for bashing.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

go with the one that you can get parts for easily but i would go with either the nt1 or the mtx4r because they are race proven for years
Old 09-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
go with the one that you can get parts for easily but i would go with either the nt1 or the mtx4r because they are race proven for years
Yeah, I think so. But Not considering the price would you choose MTX4R instead of NT1?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Really, you can't go wrong with any of the three. However, like many of these "which one to go with/is better" thread end up being, go with the one that you can get parts the easiest in your location or that your local hobby store can obtain. You can always adapt any of these cars to your driving style, but which one can you get replacement parts for when you break something is the key to which one to get.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

i would get the nt1 because i use one and i am very impressed with its performance and durability, but thats just me
Old 09-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

they are all good cars! each car has there goods and better! the most recent kits that has improved parts are xray NT1 09, Serpent 733, kyosho V1RRR evo 2, mugen still has improvement to catch up on! the MTX4R is there most improved car, but again as everyone says go for the one the your local hobby shop carry parts for! b/c u will need parts period!

Now your deciding on which kit to go with! this is what i think and my opinion
Serpent 733 has a very outstanding service and there car is convenient to maintain and take apart for to be maintained, its parts are really good and average $$$, car runs good

Xray NT1 09 it is a very very good car, they may all look the same but it is all in the performance where u can see the difference! this car is out standing BUT parts for this car are more pricier than other cars! service is good as well!

Mugen MTX4R this kit is older compared to the other models out there! as we speak, the other 2 kits, to me this car is the an overall good car, people still run them and also love them, but to me Mugen isnt what i would go for!

Kyosho V1RRR evo 2, i understand this isnt one of your choices but i would like to add it in, this car i do own i love it, its performance is awsome once you get what u want, a bit of tuning and setup changes but what car dont you have to do this to! i personally like kyosho, but i am now swapping over to serpent #1 the people i hang out with at my local track all run serpents, notice this isnt what everyone runs at my track just my group... #2 parts are sooo much easier to find online and at my local hobby store, their customer service is outstanding!

this as is my opinion! everyone has there preference on what they like! as you ask! here is mine

all cars are good its on what you like do some research on these cars, see what u like and what you dont like! it is nice to know about kits and what they have compared to others, from here you will learn and then choose which side you want to be on!
this is why people all have there own ideas and opinion, we all most likely researched and learned!
Wish you the best of luck on the kit you decide to get!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE
they are all good cars! each car has there goods and better! the most recent kits that has improved parts are xray NT1 09, Serpent 733, kyosho V1RRR evo 2, mugen still has improvement to catch up on! the MTX4R is there most improved car, but again as everyone says go for the one the your local hobby shop carry parts for! b/c u will need parts period!

Now your deciding on which kit to go with! this is what i think and my opinion
Serpent 733 has a very outstanding service and there car is convenient to maintain and take apart for to be maintained, its parts are really good and average $$$, car runs good

Xray NT1 09 it is a very very good car, they may all look the same but it is all in the performance where u can see the difference! this car is out standing BUT parts for this car are more pricier than other cars! service is good as well!

Mugen MTX4R this kit is older compared to the other models out there! as we speak, the other 2 kits, to me this car is the an overall good car, people still run them and also love them, but to me Mugen isnt what i would go for!

Kyosho V1RRR evo 2, i understand this isnt one of your choices but i would like to add it in, this car i do own i love it, its performance is awsome once you get what u want, a bit of tuning and setup changes but what car dont you have to do this to! i personally like kyosho, but i am now swapping over to serpent #1 the people i hang out with at my local track all run serpents, notice this isnt what everyone runs at my track just my group... #2 parts are sooo much easier to find online and at my local hobby store, their customer service is outstanding!

this as is my opinion! everyone has there preference on what they like! as you ask! here is mine

all cars are good its on what you like do some research on these cars, see what u like and what you dont like! it is nice to know about kits and what they have compared to others, from here you will learn and then choose which side you want to be on!
this is why people all have there own ideas and opinion, we all most likely researched and learned!
Wish you the best of luck on the kit you decide to get!

Very well, I have just picked NT1 and I love it!!!!! even it's like what you said, its a bit pricey.

Now my next project is the engine! I want to have a rocket! lol!
What engine should i picke for this?
I have seen the Mega ZX12 DSIII, is it a good choice?
I want to have a top speed of 80-90mph anyone have an idea which engine is capable of that? Thanks!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:35 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by noelcleofe17
I want to have a top speed of 80-90mph anyone have an idea which engine is capable of that? Thanks!
A turbine engine....
Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
A turbine engine....
Lol! Can you give me a descent answer? Cause Im a newbie, ok?
And I saw video's nitro runs up to 100+mph.

Ok? Dont be rude please.

I am looking for the Sirio or the Mega ZX12 DSIII. its about the same price, any thoughts about it? Dont know whats the top speed of those engines.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Ok? Dont be rude please.

I am looking for the Sirio or the Mega ZX12 DSIII. its about the same price, any thoughts about it? Dont know whats the top speed of those engines.
get a decent engine, gear the hell out of it and have a runway to test the car on....

if you are a noob, why not get a slower engine and learn how to drive? you are not doing justice to a nt1 by dragging it... then you should have gotten yourself a Cen instead...lol
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by katze
get a decent engine, gear the hell out of it and have a runway to test the car on....

if you are a noob, why not get a slower engine and learn how to drive? you are not doing justice to a nt1 by dragging it... then you should have gotten yourself a Cen instead...lol
Yes Im a noob at Nitro's, but I drive pro at electric, thats why I dont know about the engines, but ask me about brushless set ups?

Ok, so I can drive that speed no question about it.

Just need to know if those engines can reach 80-90, cause i will get bored if it is slower than that.

So what engine can you recommend? Cause I only heard about this Sirio XXX V and the Mega ZX12 DSII. Also there is already a ZX12 DSIII out.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yes Im a noob at Nitro's, but I drive pro at electric, thats why I dont know about the engines, but ask me about brushless set ups?

Ok, so I can drive that speed no question about it.

Just need to know if those engines can reach 80-90, cause i will get bored if it is slower than that.

So what engine can you recommend? Cause I only heard about this Sirio XXX V and the Mega ZX12 DSII. Also there is already a ZX12 DSIII out.
Any engine can reach that with the appropiate gearing and the appropiate length of track. From any plus engine, to JLR line and even Sirio engines.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ok? Dont be rude please.

Its going to take complete custom gearing and a straightaway longer than any track to get your car to those speeds. As a reference, I just came back from the Roar Nationals and the top speed for a sedan was 64mph. As you said earlier in the thread, you are looking to race so get a good .12 engine. Most of the top brands have good engines (IDM, Novarossi, Sirio, Orion, OS etc) They are all fast enough to race with.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Its going to take complete custom gearing and a straightaway longer than any track to get your car to those speeds. As a reference, I just came back from the Roar Nationals and the top speed for a sedan was 64mph. As you said earlier in the thread, you are looking to race so get a good .12 engine. Most of the top brands have good engines (IDM, Novarossi, Sirio, Orion, OS etc) They are all fast enough to race with.
Ok, Thanks. I think Ill go for the Mega ZX12 DSIII cause I like that orange look in there. Lol! Plus the pipe looks good.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i guess the orange would look nice if your going for the color! so you have between mega or max power! for the orange look, both engines are good and fast! hey bro look up the novarossi 353 09, that engine looks and sound sweet too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.