Wiki Posts
Search

How Do You Include HIM in Racing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default How Do You Include HIM in Racing?

So I've been working really hard on trying to including HIM in racing. I pray before the race and after the race. I get really nervous before a race and I ask HIM for the ablity to realize that it's just a race. But I'm trying to include my faith more in my race days. Do you guys hold open prayers? I am also wondering if you guys have any races that include your Church? I know this a very broad topic but I need some ideas.
Thanks for not laughing.

Sean
Old 10-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

God Bless brother,

I'm an active member of a Pentecostal Church and a RC enthusiast for the past 20 yrs.

I participated in the Vintage Nationals this past September, and there were a lot of people coming from out of state.

Before I went to the Race, I said a prayer for those traveling, and for those participating.

It is awesome to Include God in everything you do. why would anyone laugh.

I was thinking of organizing something in my church, to try and get some of the kids in church involved in racing. It's a very possitive hobby to get in to.

We should have some stickers made to put on our racing cars that say "RCing for Christ" or "Christ is in Control"
Old 10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you very much for the info! I'm just used to being laughed at for my beliefs. I'm a Roman Catholic by birth. But see I actually have been attacked by Christians about that fact. There a lot of things in the Catholic Church that make me sick. There are things that I don't agree with in the teachings, mainly that women cannot serve as Priests, or that Priests cannot marry.
In Wisconsin, just like many places in the USA, Catholics and Christians alike are being persecuted and our beliefs are being trampled on. I figure if I start living more what I believe in the open and not hiding it HE will guide me where I need to go.
Sean
Old 10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Persecution is part of being a true believer, Just let the bible be your guide and let the Spirit of God guide you in the right direction, and let Him show you the right interpretation of his word.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tecniquin2001
God Bless brother,

I'm an active member of a Pentecostal Church and a RC enthusiast for the past 20 yrs.

I participated in the Vintage Nationals this past September, and there were a lot of people coming from out of state.

Before I went to the Race, I said a prayer for those traveling, and for those participating.

It is awesome to Include God in everything you do. why would anyone laugh.

I was thinking of organizing something in my church, to try and get some of the kids in church involved in racing. It's a very possitive hobby to get in to.

We should have some stickers made to put on our racing cars that say "RCing for Christ" or "Christ is in Control"
I did it as a ministry...if you need some pointers I am here for you!
http://rcclub.valleyviewchapel.net
Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey my brother from another mother, God Bless you in your desire to keep God in focus in your life. If you are passionate about something use that natural ability to serve HIM. Way to go.
It's a real blessing getting to hear testimonies of men and women who want to place HIM in the driver seat of their life. Right on! Next time your kicking it at the track know that I will pray for your nerves not just in racing, but when you get the opportunity to share HIM with those you race with. Remember the Father did not give us a spirit of timidity, but power.

On a side note, if you are ever in PA and want to race in church look us up. WWW.RICHFIELDRACERS.COM

My name is Aaron Benner a pastor here at the church.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Also another way are those awesome THR T-Shirts. Thanks again for this post. I wish others would throw some ideas out. On the Victory Side Aaron
Old 01-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Obviously how you act and carry yourself matters. You need to think who you are representing.

International Bible Society makes a racing edition new testaments. They have testimonies from Nascar and other drivers. I like to be able to give those away.

C
Old 01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cmotif
Obviously how you act and carry yourself matters. You need to think who you are representing.

These are very good words to follow. He is with me always and through my actions I include Him. Fellowship with non believers is a way of including Christ in your daily routines. My only inward focus when racing RC is to represent Him in a way He would be pleased. This to me means being open with my faith, helping others, being patient, being humble, and staying positive.

As far as you being nervous, just put racing into perspective and you'll be more relaxed. You're racing a toy car against other peoples toy cars =).
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default fellow brothers in Christ

I really like to race and enjoy the hobby. Sometimes I think to much. Sometimes I think I spend more time with the hobby than i do in the bible. where is the balance. I know Christ comes frist an at the same time I know christ wants us to enjoy ourselves
Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Hey Sean!!! I am super-excited to see you wanting to bring God into your hobbies more! I wish more people would take that challenge more seriously, too.

First off, like techniquin said, just make sure you keep the one and only Holy Bible as your only guide for life, and you will do fine! And when you are laughed at, consider it an honor, as God said that being persecuted for Him IS an honor for us!!

I know when I am on my way to the races, sometimes in the wee hours of the morning, I use that time to pray for strength to be the example and witness that God wants me to be while I am there, and to give me opportunities to witness for Him. I also like to wear different Christian tees to the races, they are often topics of conversation throughout the day. I think that Dear Mr Shookie also approached his racing like this, as well. I am also one of those that will pray while before my race, or even while I am in the middle of a good race when I am getting nervous. It's amazing how much God will help calm my nerves when I actually take the time to ask!!

He is with us, even in our hobbies, IF we want Him to be!!!

And as CMotif said....acting/living the part of a Godly racer will have the biggest effect on everyone. Gotta be willing to live it in every way, if you are going to 'preach it'...lol. And take it from me...when you mess up and get upset about something, someone WILL be sure to mention to you about your faith and you not being too Godly at that moment.

And if you can afford to help someone out by giving them something they need, then do it. This world is SO filled with greed that when we are actually willing to GIVE something of value away, people will notice...and remember!!!

Let's keep this 'God party' at the races going, Shookie would want us too, and, it will make our hobbies MUCH more fulfulling for us when we let God in it, too!

And as one of my former racing buddies always said....we are just grown men racing toy cars for bowling trophies!

God Bless!
Brad
Old 02-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

i never raced but all that i do i keep him im my hart all the time i know if u start praying he will come and help you o yes i know i know he comes i really like this life with Jesus
Old 03-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you ever feel called to minister to the racers in a more official capacity, go to www.teamrfc.org for more info. We are always in need of more chaplains. I serve the R/C offroad racers in my region and also the NHRA dragracing community. I have been an RFC chaplain since 2006 and it has been a tremendous blessing and honor to serve.

God bless you and have an awesome week!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

thanks i really like this God bless all you thanks