Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FW Racing 2005 season.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:31 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

Default Fantasy World Racing 2005 season.

The club is starting discussions on changing the rules for the 2005 season.

The two items that have been decided are:

Not restriction on signing up for classes (except Novice drivers). If you can legibly write your name on the signup sheet (yes, you can have help), you can race whatever class you have a car for.

Due to the proximity of the racers and spectators and the ability for monster trucks to get airborne, it is only a matter of time before one of them leaves tire tracks across someone's face. For liability reasons, we will not be allowing Monster Trucks, the class or Novice drivers, at our track.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Fantasy World Racing 2005 season.

Originally posted by FWR
The club is starting discussions on changing the rules for the 2005 season.

The two items that have been decided are:

Not restriction on signing up for classes (except Novice drivers). If you can legibly write your name on the signup sheet (yes, you can have help), you can race whatever class you have a car for.

Due to the proximity of the racers and spectators and the ability for monster trucks to get airborne, it is only a matter of time before one of them leaves tire tracks across someone's face. For liability reasons, we will not be allowing Monster Trucks, the class or Novice drivers, at our track.
THATS NO MONSTER TRUCKS AT ALL RIGHT? YOU STILL ARE LETTING NOVICE DRIVE, JUST NOT WITH A MONSTER TRUCK, CORRECT?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:41 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

I see how that could be read that way.

Yes, novice drivers are always welcome, they just need to have something besides a monster truck to drive.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:38 PM

nevermind

Last edited by ritchie; 02-02-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Sounds like things are changing for the better, does this mean there will be 3 quals and a main now? How about ROAR rules for sedan classes, you know back to 5min heats, approved bodies & motors and wing restrictions.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:24 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

We have been discussing the rules while we work on the bus. All of the wood shelves inside are being replaced with stronger metal shelves.

The number of Quals is limited by time. We have been deciding if we run two or three qualifiers by the number of races per round we had. More than 10 races per round and we only ran two qualifiers.

This year we are trying to go by time to see if we can get people ready on time. We will be starting the first round at 10:30 and if we are able to start the second round by noon we will run a third round as long as we can start it by 1:30. If we have problems running it this way we will go back to the number of races.

Some of the ROAR rules will come up in the discussions. I will bring up the body, wing, and motor items. The time was discussed and nobody saw a problem with staying at 6 minutes for all electric except novice and open mod. Everybody is talking about running longer, it's only a matter of time before they catch up with us. Most recently the 'Starting Line' section in the March issue of RC Car Action (page 24) where Peter Vieira, the Executive Editor writes about a "10-Minute Stock Class". Granted, he does end it with "Or maybe I'm just crazy."
Old 01-31-2005, 10:31 PM

nevermind

Last edited by ritchie; 02-02-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:23 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

Yes, the combined classes in one race was mentioned, I am e-mailing the creater of Autoscore to see if the way the points are calculated could be made easier so I don't have to add that manual process of assigning points to everything else I do.

10:30 signup with the signup sheet being switched to a 'late signup sheet at 10:15 and anybody on that gets added after the first round.

We have combined novice when less than three for one class. Combining unless the total is more than 10 can be discussed. Although thinking of 10 novice cars at the same time may be a little dangerous for the corner marshals.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

no need for the 5 minute warm up for the nitros
Doesn't the race director(s) have control over nitro warm-up time? 2 or 3 min warm-up is plenty of time to be ready. Have a set time between heats if a driver is not ready at the start of his/her heat 'sorry about your luck' . I know FW is not TRCR but, it seems Scott has no problem getting more then 10 heats with 3 qual. and the mains done in time on a Sunday. And he starts 2 hours later. I know YBD wants to give everyone a chance there to race but, there needs to be a limit on how much time to wait and be fair with every racer that's there.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:10 AM

nevermind

Last edited by ritchie; 02-02-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Legend

Pay for pro`s ?

What about Sterling & C.j. ?

Old 02-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Red face Still An A$$

don't you mean Donny & Brett??
Old 02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

I think the "eventualy everyone will come around to our way of thinking" attitude is the primary problem, rather than ask the pople that like the longer heats what they thing why don't you ask those that refuse to race their spicificaly for this reason why. Although 6mins in general is not a problem for anyone with newer batts it still greatly increases the stress put on the motor causing brushes to burn and creates a divide between FW and all other clubs in the area that use more conventional rules.

It might be a good idea to try to get uniform rules between the different clubs around such as FW, Rain City, SOCAR, 4Seasons, ESLROC, etc... to make things easier for anyone that wants to race more than 1 place and provide better structure for the new racers to help them into the hobby.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Legend

Originally posted by mtveten
I think the "eventualy everyone will come around to our way of thinking"
Or,

They just mite go down to 4-seasons.....
Old 02-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
Or,

They just mite go down to 4-seasons.....
Thats the point I was trying to get accross, while FW's # of racers is shrinking all the other clubs have experienced considerable growth. Clubs such as 4Seasons, SOCAR, Rain City, Over Geared, and even ELSROC have uniform rules for their mutualy run classes, by running rules contrary to the established norm you force the racer to choose FW or ALL other tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.