Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Converting a Losi 8ight-t 1.0 to a 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default Converting a Losi 8ight-t 1.0 to a 2.0

I am looking for a full list of part to convert a 1.0 t to a 2.0. I have searched on here and Google but have not found a definitive list of all the parts need, if I missed it please let me know, otherwise please post all the parts on here.

The reason for the question is, there is someone selling a 1.0 new near me, and i want to see if it’s a cheaper option or not, any help would be great.

thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I downloaded explosion diagrams for each and started going through piece by piece when I decided to do this to a buggy. If it's cheaper or not will depend on how cheaply you can get the 1.0. Unless it's a hell of a deal and brand new, the 2.0 will probably be cheaper (especially with the 150 dollar discount through Losi until the end of april). The chassis and towers alone for the 2.0 are nearly 200-225 new. Then you add in all the other little parts and it'll nickle and dime you to death. I'm going from a 1.0 buggy to a full mod 2.0E, and I got a very cheap 1.0 roller to start with. At the end of the day, with my discount (I work at a hobby store) I'm thinking I'll break even. Granted it's fully optioned out, but the reason you don't see too many "complete lists" is that it's a significant number of parts. (20-30+)
Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

It would be better to just make the 1.0 a 1.5 if you are going to keep it electric. The easiest way to figure out parts to make it a complete 2.0 is to download the manuals from losi and compare parts. I had to do this for the truggy, it did not take too long.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

thanks ill down load the manuals. its is cheap and it brand new. i dont get the rebate as i live in singapore so i think its going to be better for me to covert, but ill see how much it all come in at as i want the 2.0 truggy as i have the 2.0 buggy and love it
Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnboy1
thanks ill down load the manuals. its is cheap and it brand new. i dont get the rebate as i live in singapore so i think its going to be better for me to covert, but ill see how much it all come in at as i want the 2.0 truggy as i have the 2.0 buggy and love it
Make a 1.5, converting to a full 2.0 isn't worth doing.. there is no advantage other than to just say you did it. By snagging a 2.0 chassis and changing out the center drive shafts you gain the length which was the biggest change performance wise. Getting the slightly longer shocks, new shock towers and steering parts won't shave you anything off lap times.. With the truggy it makes a touch more difference swapping to the zero offset tires w/ the longer arms and hubs, but that is not the case w/ the buggy as it didn't change.

I'd suggest snagging a tekno 2.0 kit w/a 1.0 roller and the center bones and be done.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

this thread should have everything listed you need.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...hangeable.html
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8IGHTROCKETX3
this thread should have everything listed you need.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...hangeable.html
great thanks for the info