Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 04:45 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tabushi
Francesco Tironi just won the preworlds with a FW-05R .........
cya !
Following results for finals, with laps, time and gear used by drivers.
AFM

Pre- Worlds Jundiai-Brasil Finals (60 minutes)

1.Francesco Tironi 181/ 01:00:17.026 Kyosho FW-05R/ Sirio IT
2.Gabriel Brito 164/ 01:00:07.730 Mugen MTX-3/ Novarossi BRA
3.Chung Min Hsu 155/ 01:00:11.896 Mugen MTX-3/ NovaMega BRA
4.Takuya Ito 153/ 01:00:07.942 Kyosho FW-05R/ Sirio JPN
5.Massami Hirosaka 128/ 00:42:22.701 Yokomo GT6/ Novarossi JPN
6.Paolo Morganti 128/ 00:49:17.011 Serpent 710/ Novamega VEN
7.Fernando Gasparetto 89/ 00:32:16.949 Schumacher/ Novarosi BRA
8.Rene Cornella 76/ 00:28:26.896 Serpent 710/ Novamega GER
9.Darin Ishitani 74/ 00:29:04.262 Asso NTC3/ Picco USA
10.Barry Baker 39/ 00:14:03.276 Asso NTC3/ ???? USA
Old 03-01-2004, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Tironi's car was one of the heaviest, if i im not wrong he ended the race with 1.845g ...
Old 03-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Roll bar/ Handle

Does anybody know of an aftermarket roll bar/ handle for the fw05r. I found the stock one to be pretty useless for picking the car up off the track. It seems that any time some lse handles the car besides me my body is all stressed out of shape because it gets used to lift the car. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Roll bar/ Handle

Originally posted by coldeye
Does anybody know of an aftermarket roll bar/ handle for the fw05r. I found the stock one to be pretty useless for picking the car up off the track. It seems that any time some lse handles the car besides me my body is all stressed out of shape because it gets used to lift the car. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Hi there, was that you who won the nitro seden race yesterday in corona? I am the guy who came in second. Anyway, I've seen a metal aftermarket rollbar but I don't know if that would be any better as it does not look that much taller. Even if it is, wouldn't you have to cut the body to expose the bar for people to use it when the body is on?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I think it's a great idea to overdrive the car by this method because before this, there would not be a way to change the front and internal drive ratios of a shaft driven car besides playing with tire diameter which affects the geometry of the car.
Hi Initial D, I see your post at the 710 forum all the time--did not know you hang out here too. Anyway, I am new to nitro cars and I wonder what this would do to the handling of the car? Thanks, Jeff
Old 03-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Hi D, I think we have been met at Serpent Asia Challenge 2004 Thailand before
Old 03-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hi there, was that you who won the nitro seden race yesterday in corona? I am the guy who came in second. Anyway, I've seen a metal aftermarket rollbar but I don't know if that would be any better as it does not look that much taller. Even if it is, wouldn't you have to cut the body to expose the bar for people to use it when the body is on?
Ya, that was me. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself yesterday. I swear I thought you were running a V1rr or Evo. However it was real nice to see all 3 FW05R Do real well. I look forward to meeting you and see you at the next RC Heat Race.

Mike
Old 03-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by boy2rc
Hi D, I think we have been met at Serpent Asia Challenge 2004 Thailand before
Perhaps... Are you from HK or Korea?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Hi Initial D, I see your post at the 710 forum all the time--did not know you hang out here too. Anyway, I am new to nitro cars and I wonder what this would do to the handling of the car? Thanks, Jeff
There are 2 things that you can do when the car is internally overdriven. First, you can drive it with front overdrive (very slight 2.6% overdrive using equal front and rear tire diameter) and secondly, you can use slightly smaller front tire diameter (about 1.5 to 2 mm difference) than the rear tires to get equal front and rear tire wear while still maintaining 1:1 overdrive. Of course, for all of this to happen, you need to use a front oneway.

A front overdriven car is nice if you drive on a small tight track where you want a lot of on power steering to pull the car around the track.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by coldeye
Ya, that was me. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself yesterday. I swear I thought you were running a V1rr or Evo. However it was real nice to see all 3 FW05R Do real well. I look forward to meeting you and see you at the next RC Heat Race.

Mike
Hi Mike, it was nice meeting you anyway. I wish it wasn't already so late after a long day otherwise I'd like to stay and check up your setup. Anyway, that was my first RC Heat race and first race with the FW-05R (or a nitro TC for that matter of fact). I was very impressed with how stable the car is and how it just kept going even with after a few nasty crashes. I think my car still pushes a bit but that may have to do with me not used to a nitro throttle and/or the fact there was so little drag with the drivetrain. Regardless, perhaps I'll see you in the next race. Cheers, Jeff
Old 03-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

There are 2 things that you can do when the car is internally overdriven. First, you can drive it with front overdrive (very slight 2.6% overdrive using equal front and rear tire diameter) and secondly, you can use slightly smaller front tire diameter (about 1.5 to 2 mm difference) than the rear tires to get equal front and rear tire wear while still maintaining 1:1 overdrive. Of course, for all of this to happen, you need to use a front oneway.

A front overdriven car is nice if you drive on a small tight track where you want a lot of on power steering to pull the car around the track.
I see. In fact, that wouldn't been exactly what I needed on Sunday. I had no steering on power but it turns rather nicely when gliding. I wonder also if that had something to do with the LSD I had in the back?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hows the gearing on it. because I heard that it ain't great?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Front oneway

Why must you need front oneway for all this to happen, what effect will it be if you have an internal overdrive with differential on both ends. Pls comment....
Old 03-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Front oneway

Originally posted by apmk
Why must you need front oneway for all this to happen, what effect will it be if you have an internal overdrive with differential on both ends. Pls comment....
If you run front overdrive in the car (either using larger front tire with same internal drive ratio or same front / rear tire diameter with different internal drive ratio) you will need the oneway to get the full effect of the overdrive.

A oneway will disengage the front and rear drivetrain off power to let both front and rear tires roll respectively because when you run front overdrive, your front tire rollout is more than your rear tire rollout.

On power, the front will pull the rear because of the front overdrive. A oneway will do this effectively because of the front wheels (depending on which front wheel is slower and faster than the drive train) will lock on power.

With diffs at both ends, the front and rear drive train is always together off and on power. The front and rear drive train does not "detach" from each other off power unlike with a oneway front. That is why you get brakes on 4 wheels with both front and rear diffs unlike with the front oneway when only rear wheels can do the braking.

On power with a front diff and running front overdrive, it will not be efective because the front diff will slip power to the wheel that looses grip unlike with a oneway front where power will be given to the wheel that has grip.

Off power with front and rear diffs, the rear drive train will drag the front drive train because the rear drive train does not allow the front to roll independently due to the different front and rear tire rollout.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Front oneway

If you run front overdrive in the car (either using larger front tire with same internal drive ratio or same front / rear tire diameter with different internal drive ratio) you will need the oneway to get the full effect of the overdrive.

A oneway will disengage the front and rear drivetrain off power to let both front and rear tires roll respectively because when you run front overdrive, your front tire rollout is more than your rear tire rollout.

On power, the front will pull the rear because of the front overdrive. A oneway will do this effectively because of the front wheels (depending on which front wheel is slower and faster than the drive train) will lock on power.

With diffs at both ends, the front and rear drive train is always together off and on power. The front and rear drive train does not "detach" from each other off power unlike with a oneway front. That is why you get brakes on 4 wheels with both front and rear diffs unlike with the front oneway when only rear wheels can do the braking.

On power with a front diff and running front overdrive, it will not be efective because the front diff will slip power to the wheel that looses grip unlike with a oneway front where power will be given to the wheel that has grip.

Off power with front and rear diffs, the rear drive train will drag the front drive train because the rear drive train does not allow the front to roll independently due to the different front and rear tire rollout.
Hey D, thanks man...

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.