Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 02-16-2015, 11:27 PM
YoG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
I don't know how many times we have to have this discussion, I have shock shafts, a arms, and other parts in my parts box right now. It's called Google people. And if you use bing, search for google, click on it, and then search for the parts you want they should be there.
Give me a link that has the Front tower shock mount in stock then?Part #112773
Old 02-16-2015, 11:31 PM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CaseyD
So we had a discussion at my track about the hotbodies on Friday night, and looking for some honest answers, put aside your hotbodies love and really think about the question, this is really geared towards the guys that are sporting shelf queens due to parts support, if you've been lucky or just happen to be the best unsponsored driver out there you probably won't find any draw in this question, so here it is, I own two of these cars, one for me and one for my son, our first 4wds. These cars are sweet no doubt about it, but if I would have known in December what I know now on the parts support I don't know if I would have bought these cars. The question is would you rather drive a car that rarely breaks but when it does break you gonna be down for you have no idea how long, or drive a car that may break more often but pretty much no matter what track you're at they'll have your part? I find myself driving timid and constantly worrying about if my son is going to take the triple and break his car. It's a crappy feeling when you're driving and constantly be thinking that man if I break I may not have this car for two months. I'm not hating on botbodies, I love these cars so don't get all crazy on me.
I wouldn't do anything different. i would buy this car again it is an absolute beast. tonight was the first tower support i broke and i have a spare ready to go. i had two but another guy at my track broke one so i gave it to him. I've only been driving a little less than 3 months so broken parts will happen. i know for a fact that if i break something i won't be down for more than a few days. def won't miss a race weekend. I'm pretty fortunate that at my home track we have about 7 or more guys that run D413s so we all talk set up and tips. and can dig into each others spare parts if need be.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
I don't know how many times we have to have this discussion, I have shock shafts, a arms, and other parts in my parts box right now. It's called Google people. And if you use bing, search for google, click on it, and then search for the parts you want they should be there.
+1 on using Google to help find parts, a couple weeks ago links were posted for shock shafts that are in stock.
The biggest issue seems to be the Front Shock tower mount.

Yet some don't realize its not just HB, take for example, Tekno is having issues with parts, stock and kits as well. If you go look at LiveRC there was a write up about ports being closed. This has a lot to do with it as well.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
So, do you guys think it's safe to say a large majority of people are running 12mm hexes front and back?
What brand 12mm hexes are you using? I am a noob but I did notice that the 12mm is a popular size for 1/10th
Old 02-17-2015, 05:38 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
So, do you guys think it's safe to say a large majority of people are running 12mm hexes front and back?
Sounds like it. Sounds like I might be the odd ball.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by chrisnitro
What brand 12mm hexes are you using? I am a noob but I did notice that the 12mm is a popular size for 1/10th
We're running what comes with the D413. The kit has 12mm hexes and also includes either 2 or 4, 9mm hexes. I think those are to help people who already have some wheels they want to use.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

12mm hexes with DE Racing 22-4 wheels is what I use.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by CaseyD
I currently don't have any broken parts but yes, I check on a regular basis for certain parts, I don't just look at the big three, however when I do come across a hobby shop that claims to have one in stock then see that this particular hobby shop amazingly carries every rc brand and a full line of parts for every car then that throws up a red flag. More often than not that shop will be ordering it not actually have it in stock.
I re-read my reply and it sounds rude. I was a little irritated by another thread at the time and let it creep in here. Sorry for that.

It does seem like a bad time to be making big decisions on whether or not you should have bought the D413 or should keep it. It's really hard to tell whether HPI just isn't having enough parts made to meet demand or if there's a container ship packed full of tower braces that can't get into a port to unload.

I keep a wishlist on both Amain and Tower with spares I want for all my rc cars plus small parts like o-rings I read about people using. That way I can add a few small things I need to an order and get to the dollar amount needed for applying some coupon or another.

That tower brace is in both my lists as it's one of the few parts I've read people are managing to break for which I don't have a backup. I've been casually watching the stock status on both sites and seeing the estimated arrival date change. I'm not sure if they just aren't receiving any or if they have more back ordered than they are receiving.

But amain has a forum here on rctech and the CEO has been in there lately answering questions. So you could certainly ask about the tower brace. It's very clear the port situation is hurting them though.

-Chris
Old 02-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Sanded and sealed the edges on all the CF parts except the chassis this weekend. Didn't bother finish sanding as I found I had a nice smooth finish. One easy tip I found when doing the smaller parts, find a hex driver that'll fit tightly in a screw hole. Makes it easy to rotate the part and follow the bead of CA around. Much easier than holding the part with your fingers and gluing them together. (Speaking from experience)
Old 02-17-2015, 10:31 AM
YoG
Tech Apprentice

I called HPI racing support line nothing till early March.Front shock tower mount HBS112773
Ouch
Old 02-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Shows 5in stock

http://absolutehobbyz-com.3dcartstor...t_p_43692.html
Old 02-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoG
I called HPI racing support line nothing till early March.Front shock tower mount HBS112773
Ouch
I had this same problem, I was in AZ for a month and crunched the concrete wall resulting in a front shock tower brace that broke. I then spent the next day calling every hobby shop I could find. Finally found one that was in stock and gladly spent double for shipping! I really hope they start producing and stocking these parts a little more efficiently.

Other than that the car is a beast and I'm enjoying it.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by YoG
Ouch
Are you the guy with a buggy on the shelf due to a broken tower brace? If it was me and I couldn't race my buggy I would be looking at trying to repair it temporarily.

Maybe something like the adhesive below would help?

Super Glue Plastic Fusion Adhesive
Old 02-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Interesting... because here it shows "Product Not Available" here...
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...ducts_id=16936

Wonder what/why the difference???
Old 02-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slakr
Interesting... because here it shows "Product Not Available" here...
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...ducts_id=16936

Wonder what/why the difference???
Looks like two different sites...Hit the home button on both and they are different...I would say a quick call into them to see if they have them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.