Wiki Posts
Search

LRP slacking on QC3 shipments

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LRP slacking on QC3 shipments

I read in a post once, that LRP is known for saying one thing about shipping a new product on a certain date, but then being late on the actual shipments. It seems this is the case again with the new Quantum Competition 3.

Team Associated has a good partnership with LRP and they said the QC3 would be "Available end of Feb. 2006". Tower Hobbies said, "Late January". Then they changed it every 2 weeks and kept pushing it back. "Early Feb", "Late Feb", "Early March", etc....

I've seen pictures of many of the sponsored drivers with the QC3 already. What's the deal LRP! Where is our QC3's !!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe LRP put most of their effort on the Sphere Competition ESC's instead of the QC3's. The QC3 will probably be a nice ESC when it finally arrives though.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Not slacking at all. From what I hear they are having a QC problem with some of the parts and they will not release the Q3 until the issue is solved!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

would much rather see them get it right than ship it with problems.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, I agree, but isn't the overdue release dates becoming common with LRP? I've had my QC3 on backorder since January. It's now approaching May.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by James35
Yes, I agree, but isn't the overdue release dates becoming common with LRP? I've had my QC3 on backorder since January. It's now approaching May.
Well I understand it can be upsetting to have to constantly wait for something. I am the same way. I am the biggest kid and have a hard time waiting for the latest and greatest but in defense of LRP, the problem they are having (from what I hear) is 100% out of their control.

I too would rather wait for the issue to be resolved. Plus I would hate them to rush the item to market too early, and then me being the guy that waited a year for the item and plopped down $200.00 and then have it blow up on me!

Plus how often do they release new Flagship ESC's? Once every 3 years...so I can hardly say this delay is common...the QC2 was right on time if memory serves me right. I would also bet that you item is not backordered with LRP but your LHS. I am sure LRP didn't authorize anyone to begin taking orders for the ESC.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Actually there is a part number in the Horizon dealer catalog. I don't recall if it notes that it is not yet available or not.

E.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I honestly believe this is out of Associated's hands. They are waiting for them to be shipped from where they are made. They are just a frustrated as we are. I to have been waiting for two months now. Finally decided to just get the Q2 and wait for the Q3.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you really can't wait? get up with one of the hobby shops in England/UK and get the NOSRAM version. same thing different case

or try a shop in Germany and get LRP QC3 now! Maybe they have them in Hong Kong or Japan. awhile back, they had the QC2 a full 6-8mo before we saw them here.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
if you really can't wait? get up with one of the hobby shops in England/UK and get the NOSRAM version. same thing different case

or try a shop in Germany and get LRP QC3 now! Maybe they have them in Hong Kong or Japan. awhile back, they had the QC2 a full 6-8mo before we saw them here.
The NOSRAM version is not yet out either. Normally the Nosram is out way before LRP but this is a parts issue. If they cannot get the parts, they cannot release the ESC under either name (LRP or NOSRAM).