Driving Style. *Throttle*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driving Style. *Throttle*

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a friend who blips to the point where it sounds like an AK47.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Throttle steering is probably what he's trying to accomplish. But, 4 times after the apex is a little too much. I usually blip the throttle one time depending how I come out of the corners. If I come out of the corner perfect, then there is no need to blip the throttle for more steering. If I come out to wide or too hot, then throttle steering is needed to get back in line.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input.

Dave
Old 03-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I sometimes do it for 2 reasons
1) Packing the shocks right before tight chicanes
2) Packing the shocks of the opposite side for a big swiper in an opposite direction after corner exit

It works well for me .
Old 03-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

I have tried both but it seems to be diffrent types of driving tapping the throttle around corners and putting on throttle very quickly seems to give me faster lap times with making more of an agressive style of racing with giving me about a 0.6 to 0.7 consistancy compared to smoothness with the throttle which doesnt give me that fast laps but it gives me very good consistancy about 0.4 sec on average on my track.

More practice is needed for me to figure out which style of driving im overall fastest with.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by redsand
I have a friend who blips to the point where it sounds like an AK47.
Would that be Kenji Osaka? He blips like mad!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DaRollaRacer
I was watching a video of a guy driving his nitro sedan around a track and everytime he'd come out of a corner, he'd blip the throttle about four times or so. Is there an advantage to doing this at all? I know there's a setting on my KO Helios that can do this for me.

Thanks,

Dave
can you up this video,or tell me where i can find it...

Thanks
Old 03-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use blipping to get my to bring my car around more on certain tight lower speed turns. Test the waters so to speak in other situations before you commit to power coming out of a turn and into it. I think this is done more in RC than real racing because we cant feel the car. So we blip the throttle to get it to present a visual cue to us if you can go WOT. You can also use it on a car to help liven the motor if it wasnt tuned with a crisp enough low-end.

But thats just my thoughts...
Old 03-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

At certain parts of the our local track (high bite), I have to blip the engine to get thru the turn, otherwise, the front sticks and swings the back end around. My cars feels more predictable when I keep the gas on at certain turns.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nefastseven
can you up this video,or tell me where i can find it...

Thanks
http://3hobby.net/modules.php?name=D...download&cid=4

Look under the heading 'How the Pros Drive'

I also just noticed in the little video blurb that they blip the throttle to clear the crankcase from fuel. Why would it load up so quick?

Dave
Old 03-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Many of the "pro" racers tune their engines richer than the rest of us do, especially on the low end, because of how much harder they drive their cars.

I had the chance to drive my friends (I've rarely seen him out of the Amain at big events) 1/8th scale last season, and his motor loaded up very quick. I had to adjust my driving style in order to get any type of decent acceleration out of corners if I let off the throttle for any real length of time, otherwise it would bog when I added throttle.

But I think everyone has the right idea about blipping the throttle: a) it clears the engine of fuel before coming out of a corner and b) adds steering mid corner. My advise is try it out at your track and see which style suits you.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Rookie

That noise you hear in F1 are the semi-auto transmission downshifting, not the drivers blipping the throttle. Any drivers in full-size racing never blip the throttle. Michael Schumacher has his throttle pedal set to smooth engagement. You don't blip a throttle on a V8, V10 or V12 that does close to 20,000rpm.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Does no one look at the graph they put on the damn tv lol he blips trust me and Alonso doesn't, and do we not drive with engines that exceed 30,000 rpm? I think over 40 if i'm not mistaken lol
Old 03-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, one clinder engines. F1 ones are V8s, a lot more mass, not to mention moving a lot more weight
Old 03-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I'm no teenager myself and I know from watching F1 for last twenty+ years you can't easily blip the throttle. About the telemetry broadcast by the networks, its an approximation calculated by the FIA computers. So what you see on TV is not accurate "real-time" data.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.