Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Short arm will have it advantages over long arm, for a certain condition. However, Longer Arm also has an advantage on bumpier track.

I think that the designer at TL knows about this.

My point is, when you look at the car, it seems possible to use a longer arm (Probably optional in the future???). There is plenty of space to move the inner pivot point toward the centerline of the car chassis.

A.W
Old 10-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by TCR
Losi is no Kysho or hpi, there much more race orientated, and there R & D department is probably second to none.
By your logic Losi cars must be automatically better than any other brands, they must employ pretty crappy drivers then as they sure don't win all the time

BTW Kyosho have won more world titles than Losi, not bad considering they aren't very "race orientated"
Old 10-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default I'm more impressed with a pro level TC

priced at $150.00 like the TC3 sport. Now there was a Pro level car that came with everything a racer needed! I'll bet the new Losi car will cost as much as a Pro 4 or X-ray.

I'm sure Losi's design will be as good as any other TC on the market. I just can't get over the fact Losi is not going with a tub chassis. I just can't stand a TC belted car without them belts protected.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 10-05-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Blender...

two words; 1/8th Scale.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"two words; 1/8th Scale."

Too true! Maybe if Losi didn't have AE to contend with at every race, they would have won more titles.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

When was the last time Kyosho actually beat Losi for a world title? I'll answer that for ya -- NEVER!!

Remember Kyosho's attempt not long ago to become competitive again in electric off road? Yeah, that was successful. They're giving Losi and AE a real run for their money these days.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Wish list...

The biggest problem I had with the XXX-S was it's weight. It weighed fine for big races where there is a "tech" department, but you had to dremel the heck out of the chassis for club racing, where other cars from other manufacturers had the weight advantage. Winning at the club level sells cars.

I wish Losi had made a graphite plate conversion for the XXX-S, instead of a new design like this. The XXX-S is a great handling car and has some nice innovation. I'm just not convinced this car will do as well. We'll see, huh?

hb
Old 10-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

While Losi was still in its infancy.....Joel Johnson, driving a Kyosho Ultima, won the 1987 2WD Offroad Title....I can't remember if Losi actually had a car at the event.....I know their car was out in 1988 to the public though.

Losi has been producing top level kits for over 15 years, yet everyone still questions them......sit back, relax, and try it before you diss it...

Later EddieO
Old 10-06-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

wow, i can't believe that people actually said that Losi is better than Kyosho and HPI.. etc. I think both Kyosho and HPI have the ability to produce a top notch r/c car capable of beating Losi, but it all depends on where their emphasis on their market position is. Clearly, Kyosho is not very concentrated on eletric, but look at their nitro cars, they've won numerous titles around the world, not to mention the number of worlds that their 1/8th buggy won. Perhaps HPI did make a mistake with the pro3, but look at the pro4, it's very competitive as a top class TC, and don't forget the R40 too!
Old 10-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Companies like Tamiya and Kyosho can turn out world beating cars, when they want to, Tamiya in particular, will focus on a particular field of racing (touring cars at the mo, but some 4wd buggies coming through) and they have the expertise and skill to make cars just as good as any other top brand company.

I think converting the NEW Losi to a long wishbone would be difficult, as by the looks of it, they could be using a blade type anto-roll bar, so they need the room between the two wishbones for it to operate.

It would be very interesting to see how this car will go in the hands of the public??? but I am glad they have gone back to Carbon Fibre chassis, as it makes the car far simpler to work on, and probably a lot stronger too.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

regarding the length of the arms, i doubt if they will be able to make the arms longer. the oversized pulleys limits the placement of hinge pins, and the only way to mount arms closer to the centre of the chassis line is by raising the pulleys to allow enough clearance for suspension movements, but this raises CG so not a desirable outcome
Old 10-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by mwcet8k
When was the last time Kyosho actually beat Losi for a world title? I'll answer that for ya -- NEVER!!

Remember Kyosho's attempt not long ago to become competitive again in electric off road? Yeah, that was successful. They're giving Losi and AE a real run for their money these days.

Uh...Kyosho is not even trying to compete in the 1/10 electric on-road category currently.

Right now Kyosho dominates 1/8 off-road...a category that Losi has no presence in.

Old 10-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

DavidAlford-While they were good kits they were NOT designed by a R&D racing team.They were designed more on a computer than anything else.Come on now man.lol.
David you know me personally and know I dont speak out of turn.
When the Pro4 and R40 came out HPI even stated this is our 1st TRUE race cars being track tested.
Do I doubt they are decent cars?Never did.But I am stating what even HPI themselves stated when saying the other cars were not designed in the likes of today's sedans.
That the 4 series was their 1st true tested "RACING" sedans.
I just thought it was funny to compare it to a Pro3 because the big diffs and short arms.Everything else is very different.
Thats like saying today's lambo is modeled after a model A because it has 4 wheels.lol.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

403forbidden- actually, kyosho has 1/10th eletric buggies, both 2wd and 4wd, but they are just not as popular outside japan and they are not really pushed by kyosho to be a winner on world stages. you are right though that they dominate 1/8
Old 10-06-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not being funny, bu tALL Cars are designed on computer these days, they start off with a concept, they then model it on a computer, which can then be used to work out weight distribution and suspension ratio's. Once they get the car into a certain parameter, they may decide on a initial prototype, which would allows some movement in weight and geometry.

They drive the car, play with it, evaluate what needs altering, go away, change it on the computer, and then make some more parts. Other things can be tested on a mule, like wishbone strangth, maybe different geometries, even testing whole new drivetrain using existing chassis platform.

And ALL firms use an R&D approach, how far they test it is up to them, some would test more than others, and depending on the market it is aimed at I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.