Wiki Posts
Search

Proline Cab Forward Design Buggy Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

More...

Reedy VR121 Silver Head...

From what I was told, ceramic bearings and massaged crank are the only differences, no change to ports other then maybe some timing changes
Attached Thumbnails Proline Cab Forward Design Buggy Body-photo0222.jpg   Proline Cab Forward Design Buggy Body-photo0221.jpg  
Old 03-22-2010, 08:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It makes buggy looks like a truggy

But in less than one year, everybody will run that kind of body
Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This might change things:

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=7912
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool, looks like ROAR thought it was too ugly also.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While I'm not a ROAR member... and I don't specifically like the idea that ROAR must approve any individual body design... I agree that something should be done about keeping a somewhat realistic appearance.

I am not saying that innovation is bad (it isn't) or making a judgement about the designer's "eye for design." I just think they need to look more like the "real" vehicles they are supposed to represent.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

While I do agree with some that I think it is not an appealing design for me (not nearly as bad as I think the truggy bodies are) governing bodies is a joke. Just another way for the man to say....I had a bad day and I think it is ugly and I have the power to say....nope u can't use it. I just bought a 2.0 and while I'm still not crazy about the looks of the body( it's not that bad) I just think the older style was more visually pleasing. But, to the average Joe, they don't run on roar sanctioned events so I don't see this hurting pro-line or whoever from bringing the body out.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Who cares about ROAR??? The bodies will be available April 1st!!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you ROAR, this is a great decision, how are newbs going to enter the hobby if they do not see what they like. Body shells are just getting plain ridiculous!!! Pretty soon the shells will look like a bike racing helmet, yes they will be aerodynamic but wont we all look like dorks racing them.

Remember when you were a kid and you went fwwwoa!!! i want one of those, well how is an overbloated sperm going to stir up the same emotion in kiddies. If you want shock factor lets make them look like titties.

+1 for Roar!!!

Flame away people!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
Thank you ROAR, this is a great decision, how are newbs going to enter the hobby if they do not see what they like. Body shells are just getting plain ridiculous!!! Pretty soon the shells will look like a bike racing helmet, yes they will be aerodynamic but wont we all look like dorks racing them.

Remember when you were a kid and you went fwwwoa!!! i want one of those, well how is an overbloated sperm going to stir up the same emotion in kiddies. If you want shock factor lets make them look like titties.

+1 for Roar!!!

Flame away people!!!
I am sorry but you guys are plain crazy to agree with roar on this...Pro-Line did not release the body and say you have to run this. Regulation of the buggy body is stupid.If you don't like the new bodies it's simple don't buy them but to suggest they shouldn't be allowed at a race is ridiculous.

-1 for Roar!!

OH BTW this isn't a flame just an observation.

For the Record A real truggy body looks nothing like any truggy body that's ever been released so it is in no way a scale reproduction

REAL

RC

same for buggies
Old 03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Time to start flooding ROAR is complaints. Its like big government telling business what they can and can not make. The only way to fix this is send message and message to ROAR
Old 03-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

+1 NitroLuver

And another -1 ROAR!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Will be released April 1st. Roar just opened theirselves up to lots of complaints. Everybody may not like this new design, But it's proven it works. I really like it. I will have one in time for the first South Rc Pro Race to test out. Roar needs to let PL do whatever it takes to further the design of 1/8 Buggy Bodies. They have looked the same forever.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i just read the roar press release about the new bodies: first who gets to tell us what is cool and what we should run on our cars? what diffrence does it make that it is not scale replica...at this point nothing on these cars are. why do we need fifteen rules for a body/shell,little over dramatic much like our senators and other governing bodies.

i wish roar would disappear and a more thoughtful and logical race sactioning body to ammend and make rules....

let racers purchase and run what they want.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Unless your racing at the ROAR Nationals, this has ZERO impact what body if any you put on your cars/trucks
Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

I can't wait for this body to be released.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.