Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

KO PROPO EX-RR

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Tech Initiate

How’s my luck, brand new radio Ko Propo EX-RR just got my MBX8 Eco all running and the radio whilst standing up on my bench falls over and cracks the screen

funny enough ugh it still works but no display such a shame that the lightest fall managed to destroy my screen display.

Have contacted Kopropo and the store I bought from to see what happens, hopefully it doesn’t cost me too much, but honestly for $500+ radio to be this fragile makes me wonder how cheap it really is.

anyone else have the similar issue?

Last edited by kodakhodak; 08-12-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kodakhodak

How’s my luck, brand new radio Ko Propo EX-RR just got my MBX8 Eco all running and the radio whilst standing up on my bench falls over and cracks the screen

funny enough ugh it still works but no display such a shame that the lightest fall managed to destroy my screen display.

Have contacted Kopropo and the store I bought from to see what happens, hopefully it doesn’t cost me too much, but honestly for $500+ radio to be this fragile makes me wonder how cheap it really is.

anyone else have the similar issue?

i have been pretty rough with mine and no issues. 2 yrs old.

U can get just that part of the radio from Absolute Hobbyz’s if all fails on your warranty claim.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Flipnsticks

i have been pretty rough with mine and no issues. 2 yrs old.

U can get just that part of the radio from Absolute Hobbyz’s if all fails on your warranty claim.
Awesome Cheers for the heads up mate
Old 09-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can this radio accomodate the smaller hands of a 12 yr old? Got a 4pm but it doesn't bring the trigger close enough to the grip. Curious how close to the grip this can get.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ondaedg
Can this radio accomodate the smaller hands of a 12 yr old? Got a 4pm but it doesn't bring the trigger close enough to the grip. Curious how close to the grip this can get.
Anyone?
Old 09-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The whole EX-RR trigger assembly is horizontally adjustable.The distance from the outer edge of the grip to the trigger is about 53mm with the expert grip. You can also use slim grip to make the handle smaller. I think It’s hard to find another high end radio that has such slim grip.hope this help.
Ondaedg likes this.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cup racer
The whole EX-RR trigger assembly is horizontally adjustable.The distance from the outer edge of the grip to the trigger is about 53mm with the expert grip. You can also use slim grip to make the handle smaller. I think It’s hard to find another high end radio that has such slim grip.hope this help.
exactly what i needed to know. Wonder if absolutehobbyz carries the slim grip.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Ex-1 grip

Yes,they do carry the grip pad for K.I.Y.All Ex-1,Ex2 grip pad fits EX-RR. Part number are :
KOP10529-black
KOP10528-red
Ondaedg likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

KO receivers same polarity as JR?
Old 10-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by madweazl
KO receivers same polarity as JR?
Yes
Old 06-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi folks,

some advice welcome here. My son's RR decided it would just not switch on when he tried to do so for his second or third main during raceday yesterday. It would just do a tiny "blip" sound then nothing else. We ended up quickly binding the rx to his former, and now back-up EX-II KIY (not RR) tx so he could finish raceday, but this was planB... (and this is why I ALWAYS carry a spare radio when going to race...)

I checked the obvious and this is not a power supply issue ( I switched the power supply from one EX-II to the other and it didn't change anything to helping the RR turn on or prevent the KIY from turning off). As far as we know, the radio didn't get dropped or hit anything. I jiggled the screen and the mechanical radio modules but to no avail.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Paul
Old 06-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

You may want to look at the contacts between the handle and the main module. There might be some accumulation of grime that could cause the issue. Quick to try and you got nothing to lose by cleaning them. I once had a strange issue with my steering unit and cleaning the contacts solved it.

Martin Paradis
Lonestar likes this.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
You may want to look at the contacts between the handle and the main module. There might be some accumulation of grime that could cause the issue. Quick to try and you got nothing to lose by cleaning them. I once had a strange issue with my steering unit and cleaning the contacts solved it.

Martin Paradis
Thank you Martin.

I can indeed confirm it's an issue from the main module... I just played with swapping parts between both radios, and the top part is the culprit... I checked the connectors and at visual inspection it looked fine but I will admit I didn't think about cleaning up the spring-mounted contacts. I started taking the module completely apart to check if there was a bus plug that was coming undone, but I cannot see anything anywhere. I will reassemble it tomorrow and spray contact cleaner in a few critical places as you kindly suggested. Let's just hope I can reassemble this properly now

Will keep y'all posted. Thank you.