Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BEST class-no one knows about!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
I knew about serpent and STS but I didn't know picco was still making their 235mm (I knew they were making an new 1/8 integra)....and who is Team Magic? Where to find info on them?

I hope the class grows, the more the merrier, if it grows and my 200mm outlaw can't keep up I'm sure I'll get one.

I don't see it growing again yet in the U.S. though, if anything I see it dieing off.....there were only 34 235mm entries at the ROAR open nationals 2 weeks ago. I don't see any major club still racing 2WD outside of north texas.
Team Magic is akin to K Factory and Mad Dog. Whether that is good or bad depends on your perspective.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Mad Dog had a car that was an exact carbon copy of the earlier 99 Impacts I believe. Ultimate Hobbies used to carry a lot of parts for them.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For the most of us-the 0.12 stock ROAR legal motors are plenty fast. My bone stock Nova mega was fast as can be!!! It needed a better clutch than the two shoe AE clutch-though!!!

But when Cyrul showed up with his JP modified 0.12" Goodbye!!! That is the fastest 200mm car I ever saw!!!

Well-I am commited for 2003!! I bought two 235mm 4wd cars, a ton of spare parts and a ton of tires already!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rayhuang
For the most of us-the 0.12 stock ROAR legal motors are plenty fast. My bone stock Nova mega was fast as can be!!! It needed a better clutch than the two shoe AE clutch-though!!!

But when Cyrul showed up with his JP modified 0.12" Goodbye!!! That is the fastest 200mm car I ever saw!!!

Well-I am commited for 2003!! I bought two 235mm 4wd cars, a ton of spare parts and a ton of tires already!!!
I take it you aren't buying into 835 hype Ray! Good luck! I hope it grows - if it does the nats are in texas this year so I'll be there fo sho with both classes!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

The IMpact should have no problems keeping up with the 835. The new 2-speed and Centax are worth more on lap times than the chassis is. Basic layout of suspension of the Impact and 835 are the same.
In fact-I believe that if your off a click on the shocks, or are off in camber or rear toe-that will be much more of a difference than having triple A batts insetad of AA's!!

ha-that leads me to my next point-Impacts are CHEAP right now. Another reason it should be a great class-lots of ultra competitive cars available at great prices.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Tech Prophet

I agree on the clutch shoe thingy. The slip on the clutch on all cars is tremendous. If improvements can be made on the efficiency of the clutch, then you actually don't need a powerful 5 port turbo to get powerful punch out from standstill. The Centax clutch is the answer.

I'm actually using the standard 3 port turbo plug Mega with a Centax clutch and I can keep up (and sometimes even surpass) the acceleration of an NTC3 equipped with the new Rody tuned (315) 5 port engine out of hairpin corners and on a 170 feet straight.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

The IMpact should have no problems keeping up with the 835. The new 2-speed and Centax are worth more on lap times than the chassis is. Basic layout of suspension of the Impact and 835 are the same.
Yup, I believe so too. Josh Cyrul proved that it could be done with the STS.

I think the 705 is more different than the Impulse PRO is than the 835 to the Impact.

I'm using similar drive trains in my Impulse as the one being used in the 705 (which is actually from Impact ) and I'm finding better reliability and response in terms of acceleration than when using the stock Impulse PRO pulleys. I believe the Impact and 835 cars have similar drive trains with the exception of the lightened 2 speed gearbox and the new Centax II.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Boomer
I certainly hope the 200mm TC class won't die. I like it better than having to go out and outspend someone else because there isn't a motor limit or whatnot.

It's a great idea to provide a class for those who want more power, etc. It would be akin to the Sportsman Modified class in Electric. Basically, run whatcha brung. It's just not me.

btw, I'm finding foams for $13/pair and they're lasting me plenty and I'm turning in very good times. I guess that I just only turn them enough to a: make sure they're really true and b: give me just a TAD of overdrive. . .just a taaaad.
I did not mean the 200mm class will die like the dinosor(spelling)
I ment that people will be running foam over rubber and big $$ engines will be evrywear, I like the 200mm outlaw class its fun and very challenging. I hope this sort of clears up my point of view
Old 12-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hey Ray H., does that mean you're not developing the rear toe linkages for the NTC3 anymore? We need a "fix" for that.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Hey Patelladragger,

Heres a link to Team Magic

http://www.teammagic.com.tw
Old 12-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

bolisario-I put NTC3NUT in contact with the company doing the work for me and they were supposed to continue the development work. They thought it best that they do the work and market it-so I let them at it. I am saddened that the devleopment may have stopped as I thought we came-up with a great idea!!! The company-should you wish to conatct them is the ones who make the TC3"O" chassis. I think the link is www.rcproductdesigns.com

Ray

Last edited by rayhuang; 12-17-2002 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by modellor
Hey Patelladragger,

Heres a link to Team Magic

http://www.teammagic.com.tw
thx-modellor. Though me thinks I will be passing on Team Magic.

STS is dirt cheap though, and if Cyrul can win with it that must mean I can right?

I'm going to see what a RR 200mm Lola will do up against the big blocks first.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Default 235 Outlaw

My car is a 2001 235mm Picco Integra 110, they haven't renewed the design like they are the 8th scale car yet, that's coming out after the first of the year. I like the car, it likes Snakes, and I try to feed it a steady diet!...

What engines are you guys using? I need a spare, and don't know much about the ones that are available.

Stefan, what do you think of the STS?
Old 12-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

if sirio's .15 runs like their .12's and .21's I wouldn't bet against them...
Old 12-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

I've got an 02 Impact and I love it.. but I think the class is dying here in Northern California and looks like it'll be gone after this next season.. only had 4-10 cars showing up per race at Castle (which is now gone until RCCar finds a new home) and also only had about 10 cars showing up at Rams.. everyone's gone to 1/8th.

euro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.