Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What is the differance in weight between alum. shock towers and the Carbon fiber? Has anyone weighed them? Has anyone broken the Extreme racing towers? I dont really trust Carbon Fiber because I like to crash alot. Any need to double up the front tower?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Questions?? used TR prices

what are used trucks going for? my season is over and I have brushless stuff on my mind.

hot mods p5 with 2 tanks since a beautiful pinch job. always preheated to 200 and never run over 260.

TR truggy with futaba 9450 servos and lipo reciever and genes dif stuff.

2 sets of tires in like new condition.

the usual amount of extra parts like shocks and difs and cups ETC.

so what do you think it is worth?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so i got a question for you guys...right now i'm just using the LSD diffs...i plan on going with the pinned diffs but i just wanna know what a good setup for the stock diffs...right now i have 10kcenter 7kfront and 5krear...it seems like it just wants to spin out quite a bit...any suggestion?...thanks guys...oh yeah the track i'm gonna be running on is pretty hard and smooth too other than a couple spots...tight turns...pretty good size straight away...gonna be runnin' 0 offset narrowed hpi rims with CF MTR and molded foams...
Old 10-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

CEN MATRIX TR takes the TQ at the first annual LA NITRO OPEN

My truggy was awesome all weekend, I had the only truggy to turn 14 laps in the sportmans class

I never really pushed the truggy hard (rolled most of the jumps) but I was 1st or 2nd in every qualifier. I was very fast in the whoop section and rough stuff, so this is where i made my time up. My Pro Twister Mod Go .21 7 port was going 10 minutes a pit stop, so this really helped .

I was in 1st coming down the front straight, when I got hit by another racer, snapping a turnbuckle... ending my weekend. ( we had been going at it all weekend, so it was just a honest accident)

Everyone was coming to my pit area telling me how bad azz my truggy looked on an off he track. Cen is really on the move

Old 10-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have any of you guys tried the KMW shocks? They look pretty sweet im just curious how they perform.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

I use the KMW on my buggy.

For stock diffs, try 5/5/5 or grease/5/grease
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

right on thank you Gene!!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Congrats Lockmouth
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Okay so I have a question. What would stop me from converting to the buggy spur gear. I know I would need the steering top plate and the chassis braces that I would have to drill the chassis for. And I guess the radio tray due to how high the servo is mounted. But what other issues am I missing? I'm trying to lighten it up a bit and figured this would take a big chunk off and reduce rotational mass.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Is anyone running a 4 - shoe clutch. If so what brand? What is the advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks
Josh Thompson
Old 11-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lockmouth
CEN MATRIX TR takes the TQ at the first annual LA NITRO OPEN

My truggy was awesome all weekend, I had the only truggy to turn 14 laps in the sportmans class

I never really pushed the truggy hard (rolled most of the jumps) but I was 1st or 2nd in every qualifier. I was very fast in the whoop section and rough stuff, so this is where i made my time up. My Pro Twister Mod Go .21 7 port was going 10 minutes a pit stop, so this really helped .

I was in 1st coming down the front straight, when I got hit by another racer, snapping a turnbuckle... ending my weekend. ( we had been going at it all weekend, so it was just a honest accident)

Everyone was coming to my pit area telling me how bad azz my truggy looked on an off he track. Cen is really on the move

Congratulations. But this is like the 2nd or 3nd LA Open. I remember the previous races.

Edit: Have you heard about FLR?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
Okay so I have a question. What would stop me from converting to the buggy spur gear. I know I would need the steering top plate and the chassis braces that I would have to drill the chassis for. And I guess the radio tray due to how high the servo is mounted. But what other issues am I missing? I'm trying to lighten it up a bit and figured this would take a big chunk off and reduce rotational mass.
The overall gearing won't be right so you'll need to change the front and rear diff pinions and ring gear.

I don't know if Lockmouth has posted his conversion, but he has done it.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by annie_himself
Congratulations. But this is like the 2nd or 3nd LA Open. I remember the previous races.

Edit: Have you heard about FLR?
This is the first ever LA Nitro Open. The other races you might be thinking about are the LA Point Series Races.

FLR is the place where this race was held. There was also 2 rounds of the Point Series Races held there also.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by motoazure
The overall gearing won't be right so you'll need to change the front and rear diff pinions and ring gear.

I don't know if Lockmouth has posted his conversion, but he has done it.
You would need the BCE chassis if you what to run the smaller spur gear. The only other way would be to modify the motor mounting holes, so you could slide the engine over far enough to reach the smaller spur.

I have the BCE chassis, so everthing was pretty simple. Bill has yet to release these chassis, so modding the mount holes would be your best bet for now.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Lock, did you change front and rear pinion and rings too,or just the center? Any word on a release date for the bce chassis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.