2008 US Open Sedan Championships @ Kissimmee R/C Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 US Open Sedan Championships @ Kissimmee R/C Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone know the name of the announcer? He was really good.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They call him TED X.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Well...I had a blast!!!

Learned a lot as well.

Congrats to Paolo for TQ, all the winners and to Mark Harrison (XRAY/RC America) for bumping up to the Factory A main as well!!! A shout-out to James Burrows (XRAY/RC America) for almost making the A as well (your car was stupid fast).

Definitely a first for me at such a large event with a wealth of talent in attendance. I have to thank:

* Track/Race: Kevin Hutchinson, Ted X and all the others involved
* Sponsors: Team XRAY, RC America, RB USA, Twister Tires & Maxy's Fuel
* Tips & advice: Jamie Corrado, DJ Apolaro, Paulo M., Melvin Aulston, Dennison J, and probably a few others that I'm just forgetting...
* Maxy, Shawn Davis and Dennison J. for excellent pitmanship all week
* Chris Whitney for giving us 301 Raceway, arguably one of the top 3 tracks and hosting arguably one of the top 3 races in the USA, to practice at anytime we feel like it
* Richard and others for extra fuel, parts, water, etc.
* Big Jeff for the BBQ!!!

P.S. I know I've listed drivers from Serpent and Kyosho for giving me great advice, which they did. However, I'm an XRAY driver through and through!!!

Last edited by teamgp; 04-14-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congrats to Kevin and his crew for great event. We are lucky to have such a nice place to race.

Congrats to the sponsors, they play an important role too in the outcome of the events.

Las but not least all the racers and in special way all the serpent drivers. Thanks for support and believe in our products

It was a pleasure to share with all of you. See you at the next one
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

The article I'm working on will appear in an upcoming issue of RC Car Magazine. I'll have a different report up on SGrid Online (www.sgrid.com) either later tonight or early tomorrow, along with lots of photos. I'll try to post a few photos here as well.

Congrats to everyone on a very well run race! It's too bad the beautiful Florida weather couldn't last just one more day...
Old 04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

This photo, taken during a practice session, shows the difference between the .12 sedan and GT cars. Chris and Jeff were out on the track fender-to-fender for several laps, while I clicked away.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Reaching out to the guys running Inferno GT's at this race!!!

If you could please post your set-ups and tips, it would be greatly appreciated. The class is growing at our local track and we want to provide support to make it more enjoyable for all.

Thanks in advance.

In the meantime, I'll go check the IGT threads...
Old 04-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

This past weekend was really good. I enjoyed the racing, meeting new faces and seeing the old ones also. I must say thankyou to all that made this year possible. From Kevin the track owner to the sponsors that gave the great prizes. Kyosho sure gives a lot of product to the open class. I would like to thank my sponsors for the great products. My car and complete package were awesome. I think I might have had the best car all weekend. Thanks to Serpent, Maxy's Fuel, Novarossi World and Twister Tires USA.

Till next race !!

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
This past weekend was really good. I enjoyed the racing, meeting new faces and seeing the old ones also. I must say thankyou to all that made this year possible. From Kevin the track owner to the sponsors that gave the great prizes. Kyosho sure gives a lot of product to the open class. I would like to thank my sponsors for the great products. My car and complete package were awesome. I think I might have had the best car all weekend. Thanks to Serpent, Maxy's Fuel, Novarossi World and Twister Tires USA.

Till next race !!

DJ Apolaro
Good job DJ

ciao
gianni
Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikemyers

This photo, taken during a practice session, shows the difference between the .12 sedan and GT cars. Chris and Jeff were out on the track fender-to-fender for several laps, while I clicked away.
just great now he's (jspeed) going to get a big head from this.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

i would like to thank all my sponsors for helping me out this past weekend at the us open kyosho usa, rb usa, murnan modified motors, and T.Q fuel, i would also like to thank my dad for his awsome pit work thanks everyone
Tommy DeSantis AKA; kyoshokidd
Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

A big thank you to Joel & everyone at Kyosho America, Kevin, Ted X, Greg & everyone that helped at Kraceway. You all put together another great race to remember and provided the Kyosho Inferno GT cars a chance to be part of the big show.Thankx!

I had a great time during the race on Sunday, despite of all the electrical gremlins that kept me off the track most of Saturday.

Looking forward to doing it again next year, congrats to all!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Dlarry; I would like to send my apology to you and your pit guy for me and my actions in the pit over the starter boxes. My pit guy was the one that moved my box and did not let me know until after the race.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the great race Kevin ,Ted and all the rest.I look foward to makeing it back down soon.Thanks to all the sponsors for there support! Ihad a great time with all the group from Atlanta ,Keith ,Marcos,Big Jeff,D-man, Frank, and Uriah.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Want to give a huge thanks to Kevin from Twister and Joel and everyone else at Kyosho America for hosting this great event. I owe alot to Gmartinez for helping with the my setup and Tony Cabral for loanin' me that engine after my O.S wet the bed on Saturday...

The event was awesome and aside from the unfourtunate weather I was really pleased to see the 1/8th scale guys run on a wet track.

Alot of props and congratulations to everyone who made it out. Hope to see you folks at the local tracks in the weeks to come and I cannot wait until next year comes around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.