Search
Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCManiac007
Stuff sells faster and is easier for potential buyers to find when the item has an individual title and listing. Personally I hate the garage sale type listings. I have to read through the entire lot and look at 15 pictures to find one thing i'm looking for and usually just to find it's sold. Plus I usually have to ask for pics of the specific item I want because all the pics are of a bunch of stuff spread out on the floor with no close-ups of anything.

Also, how come the moderators don't delete the sold threads that are a month old or older. That would free up a ton of space and make the search engine work better.
It would be nice and I agree but we don't have an easy way to sort though them all.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by marooko
I like the ones that are posted in the for sale section, and then in the wanted section, because they want to trade for something. But they'll also put the selling price in there as well.

I may have mentioned this before, but Jesus H. Christ, try to correctly spell the item you're selling. Not only do they all have the name right on the item itself, but it also makes it possible to find in a search. How in the heck is someone supposed to find your Momba speed control when they're looking for a Mamba? It's right there, on the side of the package. I also see a lot of Traxxis. That one blows me a away because most of their vehicles even have the name on the chassis itself.
If they can't spell it, I don't want to buy it from them anyway.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Absolutely true, racer.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Rookie

can we tag an ebay page if thats where we are selling from?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmac504
can we tag an ebay page if thats where we are selling from?
Errrrr... Possibly make the effort to read the rules before asking questions

Heck... You don't even have to read all the rules....
Your answer is right in the TITLE of the 3rd Sticky down on the top of the for sale page
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...t-allowed.html
Old 07-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Question for all sellers; How long do you wait on potential buyers to send payment before moving on to the next guy in line if the 1st guy is a deadbeat? Recently, I've lost 3 good deals due to "no shows" normally I give them a 24 hour time frame, would you consider this too small of a window? I've had guys get upset because their potential purchase was void because they took longer than 24 hours to pay, Am I being harsh or fair? I've thought about including a disclaimer in my ads stating payment must be within 24hrs or the next guys in line will get the item. Do you think this is good idea or would you consider it a turn off from a buyers perspective?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
Question for all sellers; How long do you wait on potential buyers to send payment before moving on to the next guy in line if the 1st guy is a deadbeat? Recently, I've lost 3 good deals due to "no shows" normally I give them a 24 hour time frame, would you consider this too small of a window? I've had guys get upset because their potential purchase was void because they took longer than 24 hours to pay, Am I being harsh or fair? I've thought about including a disclaimer in my ads stating payment must be within 24hrs or the next guys in line will get the item. Do you think this is good idea or would you consider it a turn off from a buyers perspective?
The way I do it is if you have zero to very little feedback or I have not done business with you in the past 9 times out of 10 I will not hold it for you. It will be sold to the buyer that pays first. I've had way to many newb's or those with zero to little feedback ask me to hold something and they never paid which caused me to lose potential buyers when I mark something pending, even though the last time I did decide to do so worked out but the potential buyer kept in good contact with me letting me know they still wanted the item. Honestly its up to you as a seller, if the buyer gets mad that you didn't hold it for them (as long as you make it clear to them you do not hold items) then that's their own issue and I wouldn't want to do business with them in the first place.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

24 hours is my normal window. When I send my PP info I inform them that if I don't have payment within 24 hours I reserve the right to sell to another buyer.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
The way I do it is if you have zero to very little feedback or I have not done business with you in the past 9 times out of 10 I will not hold it for you. It will be sold to the buyer that pays first. I've had way to many newb's or those with zero to little feedback ask me to hold something and they never paid which caused me to lose potential buyers when I mark something pending, even though the last time I did decide to do so worked out but the potential buyer kept in good contact with me letting me know they still wanted the item. Honestly its up to you as a seller, if the buyer gets mad that you didn't hold it for them (as long as you make it clear to them you do not hold items) then that's their own issue and I wouldn't want to do business with them in the first place.
Being that I work second shift it's hard for me to make payments during the evening like most do. That's why I'll give buyers a payment window vs. first to pay gets it.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Being that I work second shift it's hard for me to make payments during the evening like most do. That's why I'll give buyers a payment window vs. first to pay gets it.
Yes I agree, I work the night shifts alot of times as well, but I've had way to many instances where buyer would state I'll take it and I'll wait and put pending on my FS thread and I'll even get pm's from other potential buyers stating they want it and will pay right away. But I've held items for up to 48hrs or longer and never hear back from potential buyer and I lose out because they other ones found it elsewhere..........
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

I would never wait over my 24 hour window. If they're serious they'll make payment or at least contact in that time frame.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Talking about picture

I also doesnt know how to post pictures here

Heck by posting a nice picture
That doesnt mean crap to me any way
He could of taken a picture of someine elses rc lol

Now that i got that out
How can i sell my nitros
Lol im hooked with electric
And i aint planning on going back to nitro
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Personally I wouldnt wait anymore than 12 hours unless its someone I know and have dealt with and know their word is good. Pretty much everyone has a smart phone these days and can do deals on the fly. When I list items for sale I watch my emails so I can respond promptly same if I am buying. If I get a confimation and a paypal addy I usually make payment in less than an hour, most of the time in less than 5 minutes unless its 3am when the seller responds then payment will be sent when I get up. May sound cold but I cant even begin to count the number of times Ive sent paypal info then never heard back or heard back 3 or 4 days later and the person is angry because I didnt wait. Im not waiting on someones payday or allowance or for them to close another deal so they have the money and Im not in the banking business. If you dont have the money then save for it and look for the items when you have the $$. Same goes on the buying end. If I make an offer or just say Ill take it and I dont get a timely response Im moving on and looking elsewhere.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Would anyone ever sell to someone who has been a member for a few years and has Zero posts and Zero feedback???????
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Would anyone ever sell to someone who has been a member for a few years and has Zero posts and Zero feedback???????
Sell to? Sure why not. Buy from? probably not. But I have done both and it worked out great both times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.